LAWL Losers & Friends - August 05

You're on Page 52 of 66
Go to
  • Morning chicks...

Regina - I like FI's new avatar - it's hot.....
    FI (BKS-oh that's Bratty Kid Sister for chicks that don't know) I can see why DH likes it. I'll bet he doesn't know your an introvert either
    SY - Thanks for the second opinion about FI demeaner. I still say she's a party girl.....
    Jenn - When my DDIL is around GBDave isn't half as good as he is when she leaves....if she's there he's . When she goes he's AND the best part is when I leave him he I'm trying to get him to call me NaNa, so far he can say it but doesn't know it's me And Jenn - you deserve the avatar!
    Mary - About the circle switching - you are doing awesome and more power to you with those circles. For me I have keep it as easy as possible (remember blonde/old/lazy) I'm like SY and always looking for more circles....
    Jenn - about Calories In/calories out - that is still true, but by eating all the circles and exercising (not too much) LAWL figures the hard part is done and we don't have to worry with the whole calorie thing.
    Okay - I'm on Day two of Fast Forward. Yesterday was pretty easy and so will today be. I got on my home scale this a.m. and I was down, but don't want to say how much, Iwill wait and see what the COD scale says at lunchtime......I'll let you know then. Cross everything you can that I'm out of the 170's again
    HI to all other chicks......and Hugs......
  • Mary:

I'm not playing doctor, but read this:

Asperger's Disorder is a milder variant of Autistic Disorder. Both Asperger's Disorder and Autistic Disorder are in fact subgroups of a larger diagnostic category. This larger category is called either Autistic Spectrum Disorders, mostly in European countries, or Pervasive Developmental Disorders ("PDD"), in the United States. In Asperger's Disorder, affected individuals are characterized by social isolation and eccentric behavior in childhood. There are impairments in two-sided social interaction and non-verbal communication. Though grammatical, their speech is peculiar due to abnormalities of inflection and a repetitive pattern. Clumsiness is prominent both in their articulation and gross motor behavior. They usually have a circumscribed area of interest which usually leaves no space for more age appropriate, common interests. Found at http://www.aspergers.com/ .

My nephew had issues in school due to his interaction or non-interaction. He was 8 years old and having temper tamtrams, got kicked off the bus, man - it was a daily thing. Now that he's on the mildest medication, he's a different person. I didn't think he knew my name until last year (he's 9). My mom babysat him and if he was watching TV - he wouldn't remove his eyes long enough to look up to see who came in. He has this piece of wood that he would carry around everyplace he want. It was named "Blank" and had a face drawn on it. It was the strangest thing, that was before he was on meds. He could be 10 feet away from the pool and fall right in. Kind of dangerous. He constantly had to be watched. Now when I call on the phone, he talks and talks and even says Hi Aunt Sy (so he does know who I am), and says Love you when hanging up. He would only show affection towards his mother prior to that, and like I said was very clingy to the point of frustration for my sister. By the way, he does fine in school as far as his studies and tests, but 1/2 of schooling is social interactions. He's such a kneat kid now, it's like we are finally getting to know him. He even has friends now, no one liked him before his meds.

I've heard TV specials on autism and 'they' think it caused by some mercury that was put into vaccinations as a preserative. Don't know if it's true, but sure hope that someone finds the reason why so many kids are having these problems. Tell your sister it has nothing to do you her as to why her son is the way he is.
  • Hey chicks!

I had ANOTHER dinner out yesterday -- but it was grilled seafood -- took too long to get served, so I had two pieces of bread, and some of the spaghetti side -- I had saved my starches, thank heavens. . . Luckily the scale was not up today. . . but must get the water in to flush the sodium. .

Mary - about alpha type female -- maybe it's take no prisoners when you and yours are threatened? sounds like that would fit you pretty well. Not sure what you mean about doing gold circles and bigger portions? I think gold and purple are alike in circles, but not in portions.

Jenn- about the portion size -- there are times I just can't eat another bit of chicken (I'm on purple) becuz I'm full with other things -- so I just save it for a few hours, and then eat it later if it's at lunch. If it's dinner, I dont' worry about it.

Star, hope second day of TO/FF is going well for you. Dont' worry, Davey knows who his nana is, he just still has to learn that names go with people.

Sy, have you recovered from the bike ride?

Michele--what is it with men, anyway? How's the house hunt going? If you feel comfortable with the house share, I'd say go with it. You can always move again if it doesn't work out for you. (sounds like that NSV is just what you needed!)

Regina - where do you find the pictures you use for the avatars? any particular sites? I'm fascinated.

What's happened to Britt?

Fi - It must be that open sided costume that your DH likes so much --

About introvert/extrovert -- on the Myers-Briggs, I am right on the line, just one point over to the introvert side -- but I dont' remember what that means!

Hugs to all,
    Julie
  • I'm SO PISSED off! (but it is better to be pissed off than pissed on, right) I went in to weigh in this morning and I'm UP a whole entire pound from Monday. What the heck??? Must have been all the sodium in the shrimp and pizza. I could just cry, though. I hope this won't be just another diet failure. It can't be--I spent too much on it!

While part of me just wants to say to heck with it all and go get high on chocolate, the rest of me knows this is a temporary setback (I hope) and that it probably is just water.

I'll weigh again on Saturday and see if I'm better. *sigh*

Anyone else get discouraged from time to time?
  • Jenn -- what a question -- of course, we all get discouraged!

There are times I have been POP for DAYS, and went up -- there are times when the body just doesn't want to release water/fat/ whatever, and it's really hard to pinpoint why!

Keep the faith, the program does work!

(but, I always seem to retain water when I eat shrimp. they must have natural sodium)

Hugs,
    Julie
  • Duh, they live in the OCEAN...

ETA: just kidding, hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings!

Fiona
  • You know, Fi, just as I was writing it, I thought - well, they are a *salt* water creature!

Julie (no offense taken)
  • Hi Everyone.

I have been sooo ! I want to cry. I self medicated yesterday to no end...I just went on a binge and I can feel the lbs settling in around my middle. There is a lot going on in my life right now and I could make excuse after excuse but dammit I'm tired of the excuses, tired of being so weak that I let situations and people get the best of me.

Sorry everyone I had to get that out, or else I never would have. I hope when I'm done typing I still have the courage to hit "SUBMIT."

I am sorry, I know this is something that should probably go into a journal (as it is anything but motivating) but I need to know how the consistent losers are able to deal with stressors that used to drive them to react with emotional eating.

HELP MEEEE!!!!
  • lol
    Jenn - You just showed your 'newbie' status......with this question
    "Anyone else get discouraged from time to time?"
    We all do, have and probably will again - it's normal. What makes us different is that we are all to stubborn to quit
    Plus where else is this kind of entertainment free
  • Good Morning Losers, hope you all are having a great weight loss day. I'm feeling rather lethargic and down and don't understand why. Probably need to take some Geritol and get moving. Only gained 1 lb. at WI yesterday and that's a miracle because I went crazy and out of control eating last week at Shooters, Bob Evans, Smokey Bones, etc. The green tea and lemon must have helped. Also, those FB500s that I had leftover from my previous stint with LAWL. One counselor said to take it 20 mins. before a high fight meal and I finally remembered to do that and I guess it worked. I no longer have energy to workout. What's up with that?
    It seems that instead of working out, doing my bills, looking for a job, cleaning my house - I EAT. Got to change that HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Bre - Try making your workout time like an important appointment, then get ready and do it......soon it will (hopefully) become a habit.......

Carmen - Okay - over/done. If you get back on plan you will have something else to think about besides all that (MIL) stress. Think how good we are gonna look for Christmas this year....oh-rah.
  • Bre - can you find a way to do something good for yourself that is *not* food related?
    Not sure if the lack of energy is food related or maybe a bit of mild depression? s

Carmen - check your PMs.

Julie
  • Star and JULIE - THANK YOU. Julie, I may take you up on your offer.

It's not so much the MIL as much as a whole lotta everything combined. I've come to the realization that MIL is just a "you-know-what" and that's going to be her lot in life. I guess the problem I have right now is with myself. I am allowing myself to be distracted, I KNOW this, but won't do anything about it? What kind of sense does that make?

See, its like this: I do fine on plan during the day. I am able to log on, read these posts, stay motivated, eat right, and all is good. Then I get home, read the mail --> YIKES! Greet my DSs, my DH who may or may not be agreeable, and by the end of the day I don't even care anymore. Going to the COD is like bad "exercise" if you follow me... it's boring and uninspiring. Maybe I'll try posting at home in the eves. I guess it can't hurt.
  • Carmen, at a guess, I'd say you are suffering sole-woman syndrome -- and not getting a lot of support from the men in your house -- try breaking things down in small tasks, and ask for help?
  • Hey chicks,

As usual I've been lurking and not posting, but I have been keeping up.

Star-I'm so proud of you for going back to the COD and re-focusing by doing FF/TO...can't wait to hear the good news of your WI.

Sy-Congrats on completing the ride, it must have been pretty inspiring to know how much you can/did accomplish...I'm so impressed!!!!

Athena-Welcome back and I'm glad to see you are back on track too...good for you!

Mary-I read about your NSV and getting into 14s...i remember that day well and could have cried tears of joy. I just never thought I would stop having to shop in the 'fat girl' section and could hardly believe it. Keep it up!

Jenn-Congrats on your great choices at the fair this weekend. I just read your other post that you're somewhat discouraged right now, but hang in there. It's kind of like anything else in life, I'm not happy with everything everyday, so I figure this shouldn't be much different....I'm going to have my good days and my bad days. I think it's the Thin for Life book that talks about not letting a lapse turn into a relapse...the key is to get back on track the next day and forgive yourself.

Carmen-Hang in there! Julie used a phrase many posts ago reminding us all that we deserve the best choices and that's true of you as well. This is a selfish process at times but the goal ultimately benefits everyone around us when we feel better and are more healthy. Maybe a little walk in the evening could help you relieve some stress?

Bre-I hear you about eating out....I eat out everyday for lunch and usually at least once on the weekends. My advice would be to check out the menu in advance and don't let eating out be an excuse to not be on plan. I look for the grilled chicken and seafood (sometimes steak) and add a salad and the steamed veggie of the day. You can eat out and stay OP. Even my last counselor was like "Girl, you eat out A LOT) because I write it in my journal where I went and what I had.

I know I missed some chicks, but take care and I'll try not to be such a stranger....I'll post again on what's going on with me because this one is super long already!

Take care,
    Jen