LAWL Losers & Friends - August 05

You're on Page 3 of 66
Go to
  • Good morning ladies, and welcome newbies!

How's everyone doing today. I had a set-back on Sunday at my sister's pool party. Overall, I didn't do too bad as far as what I ate, but how much of a hotdog do you need to say that you went 'way off plan'? I bite would be about right, right?!

Back ontrack as of yesterday, actually as soon as I left her home.

Feeling good today, got 1 hour in at the gym last night - just still having problems with all that water. I better go get a refill.

Hugs, Sy

P.S. Star, shouldn't Julie be back any day?
  • Good Morning Ladies!

I'm on week 4 of maintenance.... Still doing good!
  • Morning Chicks...
    It's Tuesday - which is better than Monday and real close to Hump day...so all is well......

Okay - so several of us had bad weekends....as for me, well I babysat DGB's and went to Aunt and Uncles house. Aunt was sick and so had to make do with eating and feeding the babies like peanut butter jelly sandwiches. Missed all my fruit, most of my water and like my twin - had a hotdog that night. Now how is that for blowing it Sometimes life happens and gets in our way - Anyhow by Sunday I was feeling so bad I saw no reason to get back on plan, just ate strange, didn't pig out or anything, but no way was I even withing miles of POP I was gonna do TO today, but my hearts just not in it so I'm just gonna go back on plan and call it a day....

Linda - going on vacation is not a bad thing - it's a good thing. You most likely didn't gain all your weight back, just go in weigh and start from there. Lordy knows we've all beenthere/donethat....

3 rising sons - Welcome - we are all buddies here, or should I say buddies in crime? Actually we do have some goody-goody chicks here that stay POP and are also having fab results. If we get enuf of you maybe the good will outweigh the evil and rub off on us......ShannonJo - you are in our group.....lol

Mary - you make TO sound absolutely painful - glad I'm not doing it

Oh SY - yeah I hope Julie is back soon, maybe she will shame us into being POP again......she's so dang lodgical about all this......(Julie hurry!)

Hi to everyone else.......
    Hi Karen - you are so awesome - 4th week of maintenance....
  • Quote: Hi Karen - you are so awesome - 4th week of maintenance....
    Thanks you Star, but I'm not awesome--just stubborn..
  • I'm stubborn too, there must be another ingredient I'm missing.......
    Today I'm thinking my only hope is to be put into a concentration camp prison type enviroment to lose this last friggin 15 pounds of lard type fat......
  • Hey Star - only five weeks til Biggest Loser 2!

Fiona
  • Fiona - Cool - I love that show.......
  • Good morning Chickies!

We had a weekend holiday with the grandkids. We took 6 grandkids (ages 11, 10, 8, 8, 8, and 7 months) and their parents to Branson, MO. (The 8-year-olds are a set of twins and a stepson). Everyone had a great time. I fell off the wagon by NOT eating. Even though I tried, it is extremely difficult (can we say IMPOSSIBLE??) to find healthy food at an amusement park. For the most part I just didn't eat, which was my major problem in the first place. I didn't gain, but I didn't lose over the weekend.

Mary ~ Don't let the situation with BIL and future wife get to you. You know that you won the prize and have a beautiful little boy to look at daily to prove it to everyone. Make the choice to not let the family drama bother you. You can't do anything about what in-laws do or don't do, but you CAN do something about your reactions to them. I know this is easier said than done, but I've consciously made choices not to let things bother me and now it usually comes to me naturally.

In my book, brothers/sisters don't date exes of siblings, but some just don't go by that. It does make things awkward, but again, that's a choice you make. Once you decide to not let it bother you, you will feel so much better.

It does sound like you and your husband both did very well for yourselves and that is something you should be proud of! Some people (like BIL) always need a helping hand and never learn to stand on their own two feet. Poor them!

Remember that you are doing this lifestyle for yourself. Yes, it will be wonderful to be thinner at their wedding, but I think it would be even greater to be pregnant!.

Star ~ If it is so hard to lose the last 15, maybe your body needs to just stay where you are. I know I set my goal high (185) and would be happier if I can get to 165, but I am going to just keep trying to lose until my body says it is time to stop.

Karen (MetalChic) ~ Congratulations on being subborn!

I hope Julie is enjoying her vacation! Has anyone heard from her?

Sure miss Ruby and her exciting posts!

OK, now I've caught up on reading all the posts and there are just too many to respond to unless I want to take a whole page to myself, so I'll just start from here.
  • Thanks Regina - I kinda did take a break from plan over the weekend and rather enjoyed myself....lol Also, maybe I will consider just staying where I am (since I don't seem to be going anywhere). I'm kinda sick about talking about this last 15 pounds like a bad x husband you can't get rid of. I'm gonna give this some real thought - thanks.
  • Hey Regina - I think you just filled in for Julie - Thanks again.....
  • Good morning, chic chicks!

Sorry I've been MIA -- just back late last night, and I'm still on Reno time, so it's going to be a while before I'm back to my early morning posts.

Need I say that my good eating went out the window? Did y'all know that when you gamble you get FREE drinks! No matter what time of day!!

But it's August, the beginning of it, and I am ready to go back POP, and restart my exercise program -- and try to bootcamp myself with exercise and other things on my goals. . .

At this point, I am so glad to be home, and to be able to drink lots of water, lots of coffee, and --hard to believe it-- but lots of lettuce. And run around home in a tee shirt and underwear. . .

welcome to all the newbies! I've got about half of the July thread to catch up on before I know you all.

About family drama - - I can tell you from recent personal experience that it doesn't seem to get better as the participants get older. All we can do is look at it, shrug our shoulders, and not play the game.

Hugs,
    Julie
  • JOOOOOLEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! How ya been girl!?

Star - interesting, interesting...I was just looking at the BL website, and if it's not just hype, it looks like the red and blue teams this season are going to be (or start out at least) men vs. women?!?! (There's an image of the two teams doing tug-of-war, and all the red shirts are definitely men while all the blue are definitely women. Hmmm.)

Fiona
  • FIIOOONNAA!

I read the same thing about BL on their website -- should be interesting. . . I think they'll have to change the winning to percentages instead of total pounds -- not really fair to judge them based on pounds, since men always lose pounds faster (darn them)
  • Julie - Welcome home chick - we MISSED you and your smarts.........

Boy oh boy, sounds like you are all vacationed out......you can rest now - your home....back to the POP......

There are so many newbies Julie, many have dropped out, probably some lurkers and stalkers out there.....and ofcouse us lifers are still here...lol
  • WB Julie!

Mary, the CDC's definition of overweight and obese is almost obsurd. I think they need to revisit their guidelines. I was obese myself, according to their bmi calculations; but now I'm within normal range. I was kind of obsessed with that for awhile. I would weigh in and check my bmi to see if I had changed categories yet, or how much more I needed to loose to change categories. I also have a scale obsession, every morning and night I'm on that scale.....

Star, Regina may be right. Your body might just be happy where it is. Is that last 15lbs really that important to you? You may find that when you stop trying to loose it, it may go on its own. What does your bmi tell you? There is nothing wrong with being in the upper normal range or the lower overweight range.