LAWL Losers & Friends - August 05

You're on Page 13 of 66
Go to
  • Dear Doctor Debi (snicker)....
    Yes, different chicks on here have done just that. I think Karen (Metal) bought weight loss weeks, no maintenance and no bars....and look how great she's done.
    At Rustys COD they were offereing $100 for a full year....
    Then at my center they have run weeks at $3 per week.
    There are all kinds of options - you just need to know that before you go in. They are really there to sell us something, even if it isn't the whole package.....
  • When I signed up, they gave me the same talk about the Care Credit and such and finally when I told them I wasn't going to do the up front cost or the care credit.....they finally gave in and told me I could have a set amount taken out of my checking over a certain amount of time. I could handle that.
    But wow!!! it was a chore to get them to admit there was another way.
    They didn't like it that I wouldn't buy the bars upfront either. Heck. the bars would have been $1000. alone upfront.
    I now buy 5 weeks at a time of the bars. I can handle that.

Jewel
  • Good for you Jewel...they are so pushy......don't mean to be negitive - just honest.
    Oh and about them being "perky" When the manager at my COD answers the phone it makes me roll my eyes and tell her she sounds orgasmic..and she needs to tone it down.....lol
  • ONE DAY LEFT!!!!!

In 20 minutes I'll be out of here (work) and then I'll only have ONE DAY LEFT at this godforsaken place!!! Actually it's not so bad most of the time, but the one person that I've had problems with from the day she was hired (not the reason I'm leaving but I'm definitely glad to see the last of her) has been especially snarky toward me the last couple days. I don't know what her problem is, other than maybe she's on some sort of power trip because she has to/gets to train in the new girl since I won't be around to do it.

I've been trying to instruct her on some of the stuff I do (that she doesn't handle even as my backup) so that she can properly train the new girl, but she continually blows me off for her "more important projects". Whatever, I guess - not my problem after 4:30 tomorrow!
  • I got all the same garbage about maintenance and CareCredit. I just payed for my entire program up front. I think it was about $489

I bought 40 weight loss weeks, 6 stabilization weeks, and 6 maintenance weeks. I got several weeks free during my program due to specials or coupons. I have not bought any LA Lites; they gave me a few to try and those things were YUCK. I don't like soy protien or chocolate! They let me try the Honey Nougat and the Fruit & Oat (I think that is what it's called), which I think are most of the ladies here least favorites.

In the beginning I did buy the VitaMax, EFA, CarbEnders, and Celluway from them. Boy, did that get expensive. I found other multivitaims, EFAs, and starch blockers. I really don't know what if anything that the Celluway did so I didn't even try to find a comparable item. I have NEVER did the Take Off/Fast Forward, something about my health history and blood pressure. Like I cared anyway, I don't like citrus drinks and I don't know if I would survive. :

I was desperate to loose the weight, and they promised that they could get it off. I had no idea what was ahead. I had a real hard time at first. I changed my eating habits drastically. I was in tears at the grocery store and at several restaurants trying to figure out what I could eat on plan. I carried the information around with me everywhere I went. Now I only reference the information if I am going to eat something I haven't been eating or something I haven't had in awhile.

Thank goodness my family didn't try to sabatoge me. They helped me as much as possible in making decisions. My FI still will ask me "What can you have?" when I ask him what he wants for dinner. The kids adjusted as well, not quite DF, sometimes I think he is the food police. So I guess they do love me, they want me to be happy and healthy!
  • Fiona - I was just gonna ask you how you are feeling? BUT I can see your very excited about your almost last day.
    As for your dumb co-worker, after tomorrow she'll be wishing she would have treated you better. Atleast until you showed her all the stuff she's gonna need to know - ha-ha on her......
    congrats!!!!
  • Sy
    Where is your dairy? Am I missing it, or is it not there, or do you not have any?
  • Hi chicks!

I also think that not all the centers offer the same specials etc, because they're franchises, which sucks when you want to take advantage of a special you heard here and they've never heard of it.

So, I survived the fair so far without too much damage - I think. Last night, the gourmet box dinner was a roast beef sandwich on a small crossant, along with a calico bean cup, fruit salad cup. I ate a little of each. Had 2 small drinks. Stayed away from the cream puffs and brownies. Today, I had some of a baked potato with sour cream and chives and 3 slices of an apple with a little caramel (hardly any). Avoided the cream puffs and the dollar brownies. Not too bad for the damage I could have done. I wasn't able to make it into WI. I may just go tonight, even though I now the afternoon weight is higher the am and it will proably look like a gain.

Feeling kind of big and icky today. Hoping to feel skinnier tomorrow.
  • Diane - It is sooooooo hard to go to fairs and carnivals - all they have is really bad fried foods and it's all soooooooooo good. Sounds like you really stuck to your willpower - good for you! The french fries and elephant ears get me everytime.....lol

REgina - Talk about food police - I didn't see a dairy on Sy's menu either....but I'm sure she gets one.

Karen - your family really supported you on your weight loss journey, I think they could tell you were really serious, it sure paid off...
  • Thanks for the tips ladies..

I have been a good girl.. not on plan, but sensible eating and such.. I'm back POP on monday and am looking forward to some success... Have had a loss of a few ounces.. nothing too exciting, but loss is loss...

gotta run, on a long weekend with hubby.

See ya monday
  • Debi - enjoy your long weekend !!

I had a small NSV this afternoon ...LOL I have a T-shirt that was a bit tight when I got it ... tried it on today, it fits much better !! YAY !
  • Mom2-3
    See what wonders 15 pounds can do - Good for you!!!!
  • Fi - what are you going to be doing on the new J-O-B? I caught that it's going to be with your mom. . .

RE care credit - I didn't do it either - I have enough debt, anyway, and this way I could at least get cash back on my Discover card.

Debi -- didn't someone post that you could sub a fruit and a starch for a lite? I imagine that it would go the other way, too.
  • Mary - why don't you just start him off on the plain red plan and see how he does? If he's really hungry after a few days then you can monkey with the plan. Or maybe someone knows what the red plus plan is?
  • Julie - I'm basically becoming her third arm, lol! Taking over most of her business's office functions (vendors, billing, payroll), also will be helping her organize and track her responsibilities for the MANY committees she's part of. I'll be working only about 30-35 hours a week, have a 10 minute commute (vs an hour since we moved) and will have full benefits and the same salary I currently make, plus I can set my own schedule. It's a pretty sweet deal!

Fiona