where to buy weird bra sizes

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I know we've had threads about bra sizes here before, but I had a question I was hoping someone on here might be able to answer. Where, other than online, can you buy weird bra sizes?

Some of you might remember a while ago I was excited about fitting a 36D, since it meant I could buy "normal" bras. Well, my 36D has not been fitting so well, and since I have lost a lot of fat off my back I thought it was time to stop fooling myself and actually measure and see what size I really am. I recently tried on a 34DD to see if it would be better, but it still felt a little off.

Well, as best as I can tell, I am either a 32DDD or a 30E. I don't even know where to buy such a ridiculous size. I don't want to order online because I really have to try it on before I can buy, but I don't know what else to do. Should I just keep wearing 36D even though I can really tell the band is too big? Should I buy 34DD and hope that it's good enough?

I am so upset about this. I had thought that finally my troubles with bras because of my enormous chest were over, but there is no end in sight. Anyway, I guess I just wanted to vent, and to see if anyone had suggestions on where to buy this stuff.

I have just one thing to say to people who want breast implants to a DD or above . . . DON'T!! I have huge breasts naturally, and I hate them! I don't understand why anyone would voluntarily do this to themselves.
  • A friend of mine wear's a large size bra and finds her on Ebay. When searching, she types in nwt (new with tags).
  • Did u look at Lane Bryant? and you could always search the web at the online stores. Hope that helps
  • Have you tried JcPennys i have the total oppistie problem, my boobs are small, i am a 34 nearly A, go ahead laugh! i find bras that work at pennys you might want to try there, or there cataloge, they have a really good return policy, so if it doesn't fit you could send it back and try something else. good luck, i would gladly take some of your boobs
    good luck
  • I have a bra problem also in that I'm big around since I weigh so much but still have small boobs. Do you know how hard it is to find a 44 B that does NOT look like my grandmother's bra?! Can't wait to shed more pounds and become a more normal size (many stores carry up to a 38 B). Till then...

I would have suggested Lane Bryant also except for your number being so small--I don't think they would carry a 32 or 30 in such large cup sizes. I would just order a few online and return the ones that don't fit. That way, once you find a good one, you can just order from the same company all the time so their sizing will be consistent. I think it's worth the shipping costs to find a perfect fit. Good luck!
  • I have that problem as well. I like going to Sears for my bras. I have found them to fit better and last longer. And they are not all that costly! I have not found another store yet to have my size unless I paid tons of money.
  • Quote:
    good luck, i would gladly take some of your boobs
    Ahhh, the grass really is always greener on the other side isn't it? I'm accepting boob donations as well although I have to admit I don't envy you your DD's (is a nice perky pair of C's really asking too much?).
  • Quote: Ahhh, the grass really is always greener on the other side isn't it? I'm accepting boob donations as well although I have to admit I don't envy you your DD's (is a nice perky pair of C's really asking too much?).
    LOL!!! I will GLADLY give you some of mine!!! The grass is for sure greener on your side of the fence lol.
  • Haha, I would gladly donate some of my boobs. Really I think everyone wants to be a C! That woudl be my ideal size, 34C. What's most annoying about the DD's (other than sleazy men staring) is that I always accidentally run into walls with them, like I turn a corner but forget they're in the way and hit them on the doorjamb!

I ended up finding an awesome bra at a local specialty lingerie shop. I highly recommend British bras, the fit is lower and tighter on the back, and the part in between your breasts lies flush against your sternum. It's really amazing. I ended up getting a British size 32FF!!
  • paperclippy,

Lol.. your cracking me up lol. BUT IT IS ALL SO TRUE!!

~~~~~~~~

One time I was cooking and burned them with boiling water when I was draining my pasta into the sink!! I am short so they are always in the way lol.

I will never understand people like Pam Anderson!!!! Why? It is not easy to sleep, by clothes, walk, or do much of anything lol.

They could make a great cup holder though!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA just kidding lol.
  • I was going to suggest Brittish online stores. I know a woman that goes to London just for bra shopping about every two years!

I went from a 34B to a 38DD with pregnancy and nursing. I used to envy the large chested until I became one! Plus, I can't wear underwire while nursing because it clogs the ducts and is very painful. So being well endowed with no support is not a good combination! It will be interesting to see what size they become when I am done breastfeeding. Please be a C! Though I'm sure far from perky!
  • I'm moving to London!!!!! Good fitting bras for big chests (for lack of better words lol) and the women there supposably don't get fat!!!! Here I come!!!! LMAO! Just kidding of course lol.

I can't wear underwire either. It hurts and is very uncomfortable! I have never been able to wear them. Nothing is perfect for bigger chests I don't think.
  • http://www.afraidtoask.com/breast/brasizeform1.html <-- plug your measurments in here and it will give you an 'accurate' bra size.

According to it, though, i'm a 36H, so i'm hoping its wrong!

I've heard that figleaves.com is fantastic for hard-to-size boobage. The other thing you might want to try (and it sounds silly, but it works) shops that cater to strippers (club/fetish-wear/lingerie shops). Girls in the industry tend to get their implants up to that size, so there's lots of (actually sexy! not ugly granny-types) bras and such for large sizes. For sensible bras, that actually support, Figleaves is likely your best bet.
  • This reminds me, I really should go bra-shopping myself.. yay for Lane Bryant and Avenue, they both sell pretty bras in my size (36 DD).

Very often, walking to or from work, I get guys stopping and asking me for rides. As my neighbor says, I don't need to stick out my thumb to hitchhike, my chest does it for me! (And no, I don't take a ride...) And they DO always get in the way.. people are always hitting them, it doesn't even phase me anymore.. and if I am leaning over the grill at work I'm always afraid I'll burn them! Ouch...

A friend and I were going to start a rent-a-boob service.. renting out my boobs to smaller-chested women! Make money.. plus give my back some relief! Haha anyone want to join me on this enterprise?
  • Quote: and if I am leaning over the grill at work I'm always afraid I'll burn them! Ouch...
    I totally understand this!! I have done this before!! It is not fun lol.

Quote:
    A friend and I were going to start a rent-a-boob service.. renting out my boobs to smaller-chested women! Make money.. plus give my back some relief! Haha anyone want to join me on this enterprise?
    Hey now that is a thought! I would love to make some money from these pain in the ars things hahahahaha. That would be nice huh! Just take em off and rent em lol.