Am new and have a WW online question...

• Hi, I've done WW before and mainly disliked it because of the points counting... eating turned into a chore. Now I weigh more than I ever have and I'm miserable.

I know a lot of people who have done well on WW, via the point system. I don't know anyone who's done Core. Could someone break down the basics of it? I assume you have choices to pick from... but I worry I lack the discipline to do Core.

I know how I need to eat. I don't eat junk food much and i function better on a higher protein/lower carb diet. I don't eat fast food ever.

BUT... if I do WW online, I assume I will not have the Points Slide Rule thing that they give you when you join at a meeting. I need that slide rule!
  • To do core you don't really need the slide rule that much. I started doing WW at home 2 weeks ago. I went to the actual weight watchers and bought their Start up kit for $23.00 and then join E-tools for 3 months @ 29.99. So I have the best of both worlds. I did Flex my first week and lost 4.5 pounds. WI was Wednesday. I started Core Wed and got on scales this morning and had dropped 3 more pounds.

I really like Core. There is a whole HUGE list of food you can eat. You dont count points. You would do well on it because chicken, pork, fish, beef if 97% lean & up is all core. All Vegetables & Fruit are core. Whole wheat pasta, brown rice, potatoes plain, eggs, SF jello, are all core. It is basically a healthier way to eat, without the hassle of counting points. Also you are given 35 points to play with for the week on top of Core. For like bread if you want a sandwich, etc.

My email is [email protected] if you want some more information about it.

Thx Terry
  • Quote: To do core you don't really need the slide rule that much. I started doing WW at home 2 weeks ago. I went to the actual weight watchers and bought their Start up kit for $23.00 and then join E-tools for 3 months @ 29.99. So I have the best of both worlds. I did Flex my first week and lost 4.5 pounds. WI was Wednesday. I started Core Wed and got on scales this morning and had dropped 3 more pounds.

I really like Core. There is a whole HUGE list of food you can eat. You dont count points. You would do well on it because chicken, pork, fish, beef if 97% lean & up is all core. All Vegetables & Fruit are core. Whole wheat pasta, brown rice, potatoes plain, eggs, SF jello, are all core. It is basically a healthier way to eat, without the hassle of counting points. Also you are given 35 points to play with for the week on top of Core. For like bread if you want a sandwich, etc.

My email is [email protected] if you want some more information about it.

Thx Terry

Thanks! I just worry I'll snarf food on Core and gain! It looks like already eat a lot of Core foods.... vegs, fruit, brown rice, eggs. I am allergic to wheat! I ordered a starter kit on Ebay and actually found my old points slider when i went to look for it.
  • i probly shouldnt say this, but i go to 2 ww groups a week and in both groups the larger losses are coming from core participants
  • Quote: i probly shouldnt say this, but i go to 2 ww groups a week and in both groups the larger losses are coming from core participants
    Yeah? Cool! Most everyone I know on WW does the points. The points counting was what was so hard on me.... I'd snarf all my extra point by the first of the week, or get so depressed when I saw I had, say, 4 points left for dinner.
  • yep totally and i firmlybelieve its b/c the point categories are too low (the 1st two are like 1000 and 1100 cals)
  • Hi Nerftoast,
    One thing to keep in mind with the Core plan, is that they recommend you limit your servings of carbs, such as brown rice or potatoes, to only one meal a day.

Good luck

Sofi
  • one meal a day but as much as you need at that 1 sitting plus you can still have cereal 1x a day w as much as needed and of course theres unlimited starchy veggies so that doesnt seem low carb to me