♥ Christian Encouragers #206 ♥

You're on Page 7 of 9
Go to
  • Good Morning!
    It's a gorgeous morning. Sunny with a nice gentle breeze. A perfect day for a wedding. I am so looking forward to this weekend. I have a bit of packing to do and then we're off. I'll be back Monday.

Michele: I forgot to congratulate you on getting into a smaller pair of capris. It's such a great feeling isn't it. Way to go.

Canadian mickey: You are in my prayers. Sometimes we wonder why we have to go through so much hardship. Just remember that God is there with you. You will rise above this. Just keep trusting HIM to supply your needs.

Sprout: My prayers are with little Brennan and with your family. So little to go through so much. They are so brave and such fighters even as such a young age.

You're also doing really well with your weight loss. You can do this!!

Margie: Enjoy that time by yourself. Do something just for you. You deserve it! Blackberry jam - YUM!

klynntx: My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your cousin. So young. Also, prayers for your mother. It's so hard to adjust to a new eating lifestyle plus have a spouse who is ill on top of that. I'll be praying for you too as you must have a lot of responsibility to help them.

A 3 floor move! It's tough enough moving in a 1 level building. Just think of the calories you're burning and the muscles you're building. My prayers for safety for all of you.

Guess I better go get packing. Have a wonderful weekend!
  • Devotional for Dieters for July 30, 2005
    July 30

Colossians 3:23
    And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.

Alice was right: Doug had been doing his diet halfway. His heart hadn't really been in it, and Alice asked him why he was even doing it at all. Now, he felt he was ready. Alice had offered the challenge, and he aimed to take her up on it. No more halfway measures: he was going to throw all his energy and commitment into losing some weight. God wants us to mean what we say. Our yes must mean yes, and our no must mean no. Whatever we choose to do, we ought to do it fully, for God wants children with commitment and resolve, not indecision and insincerity.
    Today's thought: My diet is an all-or-nothing proposition!
  • Our Daily Bread Devotional for July 30, 2005
    July 30, 2005

Source Of Hope

Read:
    Lamentations 3:19-41

Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed. —Lamentations 3:22

Bible In One Year: Micah 5-7

What good is faith when all seems lost? I've asked that penetrating question in my life, and not long ago I received a letter from a mom who has asked it as well.

She told me that she and her husband set out in their marriage to seek God's will for their lives and entrust their future to Him. Then their second son was born with Down syndrome. Their initial response was "grief, shock, and disbelief." Yet the same day he was born, God used Philippians 4:6-7 to put peace in their hearts and give them an undying love for their precious son. It says: "Let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts."

But their days in the desert were not over. Nine years later, their fourth son was diagnosed with cancer. Before he reached his third birthday, he was gone. Shock, pain, and sadness again broke into their world. And again, they found help from God and His Word. "When the grief overwhelms us," says this mom, "we turn to God's Word and His gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ."

When life's troubles hit us like a tidal wave, we can remember that God's compassions never fail (Lamentations 3:22). He can give us the hope we need. —Dave Branon

My sheep I know, they are My own,
    I leave them not in trials alone;
    I will be with them to the end—
    Their hope, their joy, their dearest Friend. —Anon.

Feeling hopeless reminds us that we are helpless without God.
  • HI EVERYONE!

Sorry I've been MIA for awhile - my health is going downhill and I know being 300 pounds isn't helping matters. My gall bladder acts up every now and then and the last week or so it's been the now part. Haven't slept much and that makes for really difficult days with the littles. My knees are just about shot - I can barely walk on my right one - it keeps giving out on me. THis is horrible for 50 years old and I need major prayers to get me motivated on my healthy eating and at least a start on the exercising again.

Abbi is at camp again! This time a girl scout camp down in Farmington, MO. My parents live pretty close-by so we visited them awhile yesterday and then took Abbi to camp. What a gorgeous camp it is! I should be doing as good as my parents. Dad will be 88 in Nov. and mom is 86 and I tell you the truth they do so well! Dad has had hart problems, but still keeps going, God love him! With I had their genes - I was adopted as a baby. I thank God everyday for them!

WILMA: Hope you have a GREAT weekend!

KLYNNTX: I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. I will pray for peace for his family. I'll also keep your parents in prayer. My mother-in-law had alzeimer's and it's so difficult for all concerned. Moving your daughters sounds exhausting, but I'm like you - I do love the peace the ride gives - it's actually relaxing to me when we do long road trips and just settling in the van!

SPROUT: Been praying for Brennan and family - how is he doing today? CONGRATS on your weight loss!

CANADIAN MICKEY: I'm sorry you are having so many problems. I think money problems are some of the worst - with 5 kids and 1 income, we have our share - I will definitely be praying for you. Only God can give you the sanity and peace to deal with "Christian" people trying to take advantage of you.

GARY: Thanks for all the info on your beautiful fur babies. Boy, is Reba a lucky doggie! I'm sure all of you are quite happy together - God even takes care of the animals doesn't He? How's Calif.? When will you be able to get back to Angie and your fur babies?

SUNNY: WHERE ARE YOU????

Well, I better see what the troops are doing. Talk later!
  • Hello My Friends!!!
    Joe has been off and will be going back to work on Tuesday.
    We have been very busy with home & yard clean-up with a bit
    of fun things to do in between... I will be back on Tuesday to
    catch up with everyone!

Hugzz and more Hugzzzz for everyone!
    *Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Devotional for Dieters for July 31, 2005
    July 31

Proverbs 10:25
    As the whirlwind passeth, so is the wicked no more: but the righteous is an everlasting foundation.

When the group began, there were sixteen people involved. They all made a contract to lose twenty pounds by spring. Spring was less than two weeks away, and the group was down to seven members. As Jean walked along the sidewalk toward the building where her group met, she noticed some small saplings bending in the stiff March breeze. Some had broken off, but a few determined little plants held on for dear life. 'I'm like that,' Jean thought. 'Most of the others have given up, but I'm going to hang in there, no matter how stiff the challenge.' Perseverance is a huge part of a successful diet. Continually ask God for commitment to your cause. He is good to give it.
    Today's thought: I'm determined to make it, no matter what!
  • Our Daily Bread Devotional for July 31, 2005
    July 31, 2005

Bridges Of Grace

Read:
    Acts 5:33-42

They departed . . . , rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name. —Acts 5:41

Bible In One Year: Nahum 1-3

Imagine for a moment that you are driving through the desert in Southern California and you see the magnificent Golden Gate Bridge spanning the dried-up bed of "Three Frogs Creek" on the outskirts of "Turtle Soup Junction." What a ridiculous sight that would be!

So too, the Lord never displays His power and grace at an inappropriate time or place, but He always provides according to the difficulty of the hour. He does not impart strength until it is needed.

We shudder when we think of what some of God's children are enduring because of their faithfulness to the Savior. Many have chosen the path of intense suffering rather than following the line of least resistance. I wonder, would we do the same?

Of course, the Lord does not ask us to make such a commitment before it is necessary. And we can be sure that when we "suffer for His sake" (Philippians 1:29), He will provide whatever we need to endure the pain.

As servants of Christ, we can take one step at a time and be confident that whether we come to a dried-up gulch or a surging river, the Lord's bridges of grace will be just right to allow us safe passage to the other side. —Mart De Haan

Each day God sends His loving aid
    To strengthen you and me;
    We need to use today's supply
    And let tomorrow be. —Anon.

God gives enough grace for each trial we face.
  • Sunday
    HI GALS

It sure has been quiet here...I can see by the views that people are lurking, although they are quiet as a

Went to church this morning with my daughter, (Ron couldn't seem to get up...AGAIN!) OR my son, OR my neice, Summer, who is staying with me right now, for that matter. Amanda and I sat with my ex-wife, my brother, sil, and my neice, Marcie, Ron's sister...so it was a full pew.

Spent most of yesterday fixing a leak from my bath tub hot water line...it had been leaking a VERY long time...one drop at a time...I saw a little water on the floor in the garage...looked a little strange...researched and found the problem...what a mess...all the tearing out of the drywall that was wet in the garage and gym...the water had tracked several places...AAAHHHH!! My brother and I were on it all day repairing and doing the demo...now I just have to patch it all in. Then later that day I see that my sprinkler line had a hole in it too! Fixed that after church (I think ) today...we shall see in the morning if the patch worked.

Got great news from Angie this morning ...seems that while she was at church, Reba and Rylee decided to chew up a couple of used ink cartridges that she had left next to the computer...now keep in mind that they have been there for almost a month..UNTOUCHED..well, guess the little ladies got BORED!...now they have ink on their feet and on the NEW CARPET!! in Angie's office...AAAHHHHH!! She was just getting ready to try and get it out when I called her...anyone looking for a dog...or two ?

SUNNYDGRAPHICGODDES50'SFANJOEAND ITALIANCATLOVER Glad to hear from you...hope you and Joe had a nice little vacation together See ya on Tuesday.

MOMTO5SWEETIES OK! Here is the deal...you DON'T need MAJOR prayers to get going...all you need is a little...we have given you that here on this thread my dear! Our GOOD LORD has placed that "thought" in your head to get motivated...now it's up to YOU! We have not let you down...we have done our part...NOW GET GOING!! and stop about it! OH, and here is the MAJOR prayer you wanted!! Just DO 1 thing new each day towards a better lifestyle...then it's easy!

I probably will not be going up to Washington until next summer, at least for any extended time..Angie will be coming home in about two weeks.

My daughter and ex just came in...be back later
  • Back
    LORI Sorry to leave you so abrupt! Sorry if I was too pushy about "gettin' goin'!" I just have the same problem!! Instead of looking at it like I have a half hour with nothing to do...sooo, I think I will go use the eliptical in the gym (in our garage)...but...NOOOOO! I look at it like...humm, ONLY a half hour...not even worth getting sweaty over...guess i will just have another beer and watch this TV show!.... ...don't tell anyone, but I HAVE a TV in the gym...and actually my eliptical has a "cup" holder ...so as you can see all MY excuses are LAME!...Pray for me

WILMA I hope you had a great long week-end! That wedding sure is getting close...bet the kids are excited! Hope your work isn't too stressing for you leading up to the big day.

AMANDA I hope this finds you with a new job and place to live! I hope the "old" boss can see it in his heart to work with you through the situation. So sorry! Prayers!

KLYNNTX Prayers for your mam and dad and their medical issues. Sorry about your cousin, my dad was only 54 when he passed away from pancreas cancer. I hope you have a comfortable vehicle with all that driving to do! My goodness. I have never been to Georgia but my daughter has made several trips there for her college tennis...she has been to both Rome and Atlanta...not that you would care, but it is kind of funny...I rarely hear of Rome...but last night the indoor football team from the city where our Washington house is located beat the team from Rome in the championship game.

MICHELE Busy week-end with the boys? ...any special ones we should know about?

Well...HELLO..to everyone else, gotta go...Amanda and I are going to work on dinner...a new recipe for hamburgers...see ya........

Prayers for all...Gary

ALMOST FORGOT...I received an e-mail from Juan, in Iraq, today...it is his 25th birthday today. He received a Medal for Valor (?) for stopping an insurgent with his quick thinking and marksmanship while in his Humvee...the commander wrote that he saved countless lives, military and civilian with his bravery! Which is all true...but to hear him tell the story...he just reacted to what he was trained for..never had time ti THINK about it...thank goodness! Just though you would like to know.
  • An Apology
    Hi Everyone!

I'd like to apologize for my last post. I'm glad Gary pointed out to me that I was whining like a big baby. My mom and dad never allowed negative feelings or thoughts while I was growing up and for the most part, I do pretty good at not ---itching. But sometimes I just get overwhelmed - I guess I just felt safe here, being it's a Christian group and all.

Since I hold my husband and all five kids together and take care of their needs it's just that sometimes I get tired and feel sorry for myself with all my aches and pains - I shouldn't have unloaded here and for that I'm really sorry. I had a nervous breakdown in '92 and was seeing a shrink then, but I've done so much better since then, I haven't needed one. He claims you should get your feelings out, but I was taught to hold it all in.

I'll just pray for all of you and stop my whining on here - have a great week everyone!
  • Hey Lori
    LORI ~ Just want to make sure you saw the continuation of my post...since we both posted at approx. the same time.

I think what you are trying to say is that hummm...YOU ARE NORMAL!! We all NEED and HAVE pity parties...the catch is to GET OVER them as soon as possible and do something constructive....

DON'T EVER THINK YOU CAN'T VENT HERE...YOU "ARE" SAFE HERE!!

As far as I am concerned...keeping things in doesn't solve the problem. When Angie and I were first married we didn't do such a good job of "telling each other" what REALLY was bothering us...as time went on we matured ...well, anyway we got smarter.

THINGS GO BETTER WITH WHINE!
  • Hi Gary,

You are so funny! Things go better with whine - LOL! Anyway, I thank you for being understanding, but I re-read my post and I was a bit "feel sorry me" - I know exactly what you mean about if you have a half hour, why bother exercising or whatever - I tend to be a perfectionist and if I can't do it perfect I won't do it at all - that is such a ridiculous way to think - as you said we are HUMAN! If I can't stay PERFECT on my diet I don't diet. If I can't do hours of exercise a day I don't exercise - and it's just so stupid! I'm the one putting those high standards on myself - nobody else does now - my mom and dad did growing up - like if I brought home all A's and a B, why wasn't the B an A type of thing - I guess it just carries over!

So............having said all that - it IS great to be here! I appreciate all of you!
  • From Angie
    Hello to all - especially my hubby-

Gary already told you about the surprise I found when I got home from church today. I wanted him to see just ONE of the ink stains in the carpet and at the same do a commercial for Resolve Dual Power with Oxy. I thought posting the pics would be a good way for him to see what HIS dogs are up to - NO GOOD!

Here is a before pic of the ink stain

Here is an after pic - pretty good, huh?!

I gotta say, that Resolve with Oxy works miracles. I got ALL the ink stains out of the carpet and it even worked on old wee-wee stains and dog barf stains in our other carpet AFTER a professional carpet cleaner couldn't get them out.
    Okay- end of commercial. Take care everyone!!
  • Hey Babe-- It looks like there is still some ink in the carpet...maybe you could try a little harder...okie-dokie. Try to "control" your dogs!

Love Ya......oh, and YES I do know my butt is in trouble AGAIN !
  • Good morning!

Hi Gary and Angie!~No Gary, no big news about the boys. I did have brunch with Eric the golf pro guy. We are both dealing with some personal stuff but we enjoy spending time together and he is so darn cute! We talked about it yesterday and we are both probably not ready for a relationship but we like eachother and like spending time together. He has become a good friend to me and that's important, even if we have a committed relationship in the future, it's good to have a friendship base.

Don't have nothing really exciting to post on the weightloss front. Hoping to have a good week, although it's a busy week too.

Have a friend from kindergarten coming to visit Friday with her hubby and 3 kids. They are on a month of vacation, driving in their van, starting in CA, they've been in Arizona and spending a week in South Dakota. I'm looking forward to seeing them.