Psyllium Shake

• Can someone please who is still a member on JC, find me the psyllium shake recipe and post it here! thanks!
  • I have it still:
    1C non fat surgar free Vanilla yogurt
    1C 8 oz. milk skim
    1/2 banana - or any fruit
    1tsp. Flax oil
    1 tsp rounded, psyllium husk

Blend till smooth
    Let sit 1 min.
    Mix in 1/2 C Uncle Same / GrapeNuts/ or Granola

DRINK LOTS OF WATER AFTER - AT LEAST 12 oz.'s
  • I never put granola in mine! Thanks! Thats what I needed!
  • Have you done it anymore? Any results? Has it helped?
  • I havn't kind a lost touch with it. I need to start back up.
  • where do you get psyllium husk? How much does it cost?
  • I got it from a Vitamin store called the Vitamin Shoppe, you can even order it from JC.com, I think it was only like $6 or something. Cheap!
  • Hey, I found some at Trader Joe's for under $4!!!
    I'm going to try it soon....
    Has anyone else tried it and had any results and/or problems?

LLLove,
  • I "thought" I got results the first time. And therefter nothing really changes. But if I forget to drink a lot of water that day - that not the best!
  • Make sure you drink TONS of water 20 oz or more before AND tons after. If dont' don't drink atleast 32 oz's before and after, I see no results
  • i am new here, what are the benefits you all speak of?
  • Jorge says the psyllium is a colon cleansar because food and other *stuff* can stick to the inside of your stomach and colon and it is suppose to cleanse you before weigh in, but actually I have not seen too much to show this is true.
  • OK, I just bought Psyllium Husk capsules. I thought I would try that rather than the powder. Not sure if it has the same effects -- does anyone know???

The bottle says to take 3 per day with tons of water. I took 1 last night and 1 this morning -- so far nothing.....?????
  • If you dont' drink tons of water you will get constipated! So drink 20+ oz's before AND after and if I was you I would make sure to take all 3 of them for the full affect. LEt us know how it works.