Started South Beach today

• Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Rachel, I'm 24 and I have one son, Ashton who will be 2 in September. I gained around 60 lbs while I was pregnant and have been trying to lose the weight for almost 2 years now. I managed to lose quit a bit by going back and forth between WW, the Curves diet, and Slim Fast but I just haven't been able to stick with any of them. It seems like it just took too much time and effort to plan my meals. I just started South Beach today and so far I'm doing good. It didn't take very long for me to come up with my meal plan for the week but boy does it cost a lot to eat healthy! My grocery bill almost doubled!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!
  • Rachel, welcome to the Beach! I wish you great success.
  • Hello!! What I found was that my first shopping trip was really expensive but after that it really evened out. Now I actually spend less on groceries due to not buying all the processed/refined/prepared foods!!
    Congratulations on a good first day!!!!
  • Hi Rachel-
    I started today too! Maybe we can be buddies since we started the same day. Hope you had a great day! How did it go the rest of the day and night?

Kimberly
  • Welcome, Rachel. Please feel free to join the thread of folks who started July 11 and also post in the Daily.
  • Thanks for the welcome everyone! I joined the July 11 start thread