Sucess in week?

• yes i lost 4 pounds in my first week
  • i lost 5 my first week and 0 my second...so 5 for my first two weeks.
  • Most people see quite a bit of success in their first 1-2 weeks because they lose a lot of water weight. However, if you have been eating healthfully and drinking enough water all along, but maybe just maintaining instead of losing, then you may not see it as much at first. I had this problem--I didn't get the big burst in the beginning like so many others did, and it was rather discouraging, but I trucked along slowly and steadily
  • For the past week I have been doing Atkins because I have never lost a pound doing anything else in fifteen years. All week I have been smiling about my 1 to 3 pound weight loss that occured in my first few days.

I have had huge energy and have walked an extreemly brisk mile on my tredmill (even running at times to my husbands amazement)
    Well I was happy with the 3 I lost in 3 days, and today (day 8) I weighed myself and I realized I was reading my scale wrong all this time. I lost ten pounds in my first week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that is a marching band you hear in the background!

I am a little ticked off that I didn't realize my scale was so weird, but now that I know I am so psyched! So those days when I was showing I lost 2 to 3 pounds I had really lost 4 to 6 pounds!
  • 12 pounds for me in the first week.
  • I'm down 4 pounds since I started really taking my weight loss seriously, which was on July 2nd, so about 9 days ago.
  • I lost 8 pounds my first week! In the beginning, I sometimes lost 5-6 pounds in a week. Now, 6 months later, I'm losing a steady 2 lbs. per week.
  • I lost 10 lbs in my first two weeks using Jorge Cruises The 3 Hour Diet
  • The first week you will usually see large results, no matter what plan you are doing. This is due to a lot of it being water weight, and since most plans have you eating less, your "system" is holding less waste by the end of the week.
    What I have seen regularly, is that those with larger starting weights will have larger results the first week-simply because they are larger people and hold more water, etc. This usually holds the same whether they are counting calories, doing Atkins, South Beach, WW, or what have you.
    Someone who starts out only wanting to lose 20 pounds may lose 2-3 their first week, while someone who has over 100 to lose may lose pounds or more. A lot of the beginning water and waste weight is relative to the starting size of the dieter, and then it slows to 1/2-3 pounds a week usually after that.