Weighty Issues #29

You're on Page 7 of 8
Go to
  • Dips: I had to answer your question. I am certified to teach all subjects; I'm qualified to teach Reading, Writing, Science, and Social Studies; I teach 7th grade Reading and Writing. Funny, my assistant principal said that nearly all the 7th graders last year scored above 80% on the writing test last spring. I told her that they sure hid that ability from me. I used to proof read papers in college and my sister still sends me papers to proofread. If you need any proofreading let me know.

Noelle: Congrats for your boy!! That's great. Ashley went with a couple of friends to their karate class and now she's hooked. I'm not sure if it's something that she would stay with, but I've been thinking about letting her try. I'm staying at the same school this year, but Ashley is going back to the one nearest our house because I want her to meet more kids in our neighborhood. We'll see how it goes.

Angie: It is so good to see you here more often. Enjoy the rain while it lasts. We've been getting some rain most evenings, but, unfortunately, it does not cool off any. Well...maybe it does a little...from 108 to 102 last night.

Hello to Kempy, Cherie, and Julie. Stay cool!!

Cal
  • Hi girls

Noelle, congrats to little Michael. That is something to be proud of. That Dog episode sounds good, I am bummed I missed it. You know his wife is staring to grow on me. I like her. My kiddos go back to school in Sept.

Dips that is the one positive thing about really really hot weather, I don't feel like eating much either. I know what you mean about the "winter appetite" I get it every year . We need a little extra food to keep us warm,lol.

Kempy your husband loves brownies too? Mine does that is for sure. Last week I toasted some pecans in the oven while the brownies were a baking and topped them with the roasted nuts, carmel sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream....turtle brownies. We love brownies here!

Angie how are you feeling with the shop closed up? That is great that the landlord bought some shelves. Great about idea hanging the shelves at home!

Cal I wish my kids wore uniforms to school. It would cut down the cost for clothes and such. Stay cool girl.

Cherie, how are you doing? I hope everything is okay. I still need your new address when you get the time. Miss ya.

Well I am going to chug a huge glass of water to try and get my "bloatation" under control. I have a pms headache and just feeling bloated. But I am not going to let that stop me from getting on with the day. Sorry I have not been on the last couple of days, just have been busy and my mind has been out there. Okay check back later!! Have a great day everyone!!
  • Noelle, since you are such a big Tommy Lee fan , I saw he has a reality show coming up with him going back to college. Dh wants to watch it. Should be interesting. I miss the fall line up of shows.

Just wanted to mention that. Dd just wanted to eat lunch so I warmed up three pieces of frozen pizza and she ate almost the entire three pieces. She is such a tiny thing, she must be having a growth spurt....if I ate three pieces of pizza the scale would probally be up four pounds tomorrow. LOL
    Gotta, run my dd lost one of her dolls....Emergency . And the phone will not stop ringing, okay time for lunch.... .
  • Good Night Girls

I hope everyone had a good Thursday....tomorrow is Friday!! I actually did stay OP today and controlled portions even though it is my "craving" time. So I feel good. I have not had an OP day in a longggg time. Well I am going to go finish watching House Hunters. Love that show, even the repeats. I was trying to make a grocery list tonight of some healthy things. Angie did you get to the store yet or are you still calling the pizza man? LOL.

Hi Everyone .
  • BUMP UP!

I am out the door to work and then we are going to New Orleans for a Ducks Unlimited convention. I'll chat Sunday when we get back.
  • Good Morning Girls

Bye Kempy have a great time this weekend.

What up for the weekend everyone?

Angie I am sure you will be enjoying your time at home not having to drive to the shop, that is if you are all done there. Hope so!

The weather here is beautiful. But we are going to get very muggy and hot again. Hopefully we will get some rain, it is so dry. Mosquitos are still out though, poor ds woke up and is got some mosquito bites. I am going to have to put some cream on them. My "little" brother is turning eighteen. He is not so little anymore, he is like six foot four. Hard to believe, I remember changing his diapers and picking him up from daycare. It was like he was one of my kids. LOL. I am going to try and find him some kind of funny gift.

Well off of here for now and enough babbling from me.

Hi Noelle, Cherie, Angie, Kempy, Cal and Dips. Have a great weekend.
  • Hey girls the weekend is coming to a close. I hope you all had a good one. The weather here is so hot. But great sunshine. I had a nice family weekend.

Good Night All!!
  • I hope to see more of you girls this week. I will try and pop in too more this week, I might be busy a couple a days though. Miss you guys.
  • Good Morning. We had a pretty nice weekend here too. I went and played with the kittens for a while. This Saturday is my Moms best friends birthday so I am going to make a peepee cake and they are going to come over and we are gonna surprise her with a little party. I hope the cake comes out good. Jay made a donut shaped like a big dick once for a girl who worked with us and it came out so good. Hahaha She loved it.

Well, we are officially out of the bakery. I hung the sign on my bakery out here. It is big.

Me and Brit were looking through pics last night and I came across all of the ones I took when I lost my weight last time. It makes me want to cry that I have gained ALL of my weight back within the last 2 years time. I have so much work ahead of me again.

Well, I am off to find some breakfast but I will check back in a while to see if anyone has posted.
  • Good Morning Girls

Angie to funny about the cake. She will be surpised that is for sure. Now that you are done in the bakery, you will have more time to focus on yourself. I remember all the healthy suppers you made and you always ate your cereal for breakfast and you had time to take your walks. You will find your way. Don't ever give up on yourself! I was looking at old pictures last night too with dh. It was so funny seeing his old party days college pictures. I am glad he has calmed down with age. I noticed how much I have aged! Only if we could look eighteen forever!

Kempy did you have a nice trip?

Cherie, how are you? Thinking about you and hoping everything is going all
    right.

Dips are you surviving the heat? It is hotter than you know what here.

Noelle I hope you had a relaxing weekend. And got to de-stress some more.

Cal stay nice and cool if you can. I bet you are busy getting ready to go back to school.

Check back later girls.
  • I wanted to mention if you don't hear from me, it might be because of our "new" computer. It is just been trouble since we got it a couple of months ago. First the monitor needed to be sent back and then it eats a computer game in the dvd drive and shreds it to pieces inside. That was a total mess, sharp pieces. So they are sending parts. What a mess. Oh well.
  • Hey girls, happy Monday. I'm up bright and early as I need to grab a shower before work. It's been so muggy here at night, yuck! The weekend was fun, we went to a big beach party for all of the karate dojos on Saturday. They had the kids do all kinds of relay games and even had mock sumo wrestling rings . Michael and Rick hit the beach after lunch and I ambled across the street to Borders and browsed for a long time enjoying the A/C. Yesterday we didn't do too much except maybe drive around town. Took some pics of the new rims/tires we got on the car though, I'll try to post some if I can resize them Ok. Rick and I were looking at real estate listings online. The housing prices are so ridiculously high here--remember a few years ago when I used to grumble about a 3 bedroom house going for $380K? Well its well over $580K now. Gosh. We have been looking for just vacant land parcels that we could buy to put a house on. Not many of those to go around since this is a small island. But if we did find something, we have a gen. contractor friend who could put up a really nice 2 story custom house for about $150K. Of course, ideally, if my parents would seriously consider selling their house to me....well, that would be nice and sweet.

Angie, you guys are too funny w/your cakes and do"nuts" We have a candy shop out here that makes lollipops and stuff for wedding showers like that. Have fun at the surprise party, sounds like a hilarious time. Hey girl, I've been feeling kinda depressed w/myself as well how I let myself gain the weight back. It's up to us ain't it? To get up the mojo and work it off again. I know we can do it. Don't forget, we're all beautiful women here no matter the size.

Julie, that computer sounds scary. That's a bummer when you drop money on a pricey item like a computer and you have mechanical problems so early on. Hope you get it fixed Ok. Without you, this thread may have long disappeared! Wow, I didn't know you had another brother that young. 18 huh? So what kind of funny gift did you find him? If you were closer to Angie maybe she could've made you a some kind of girlie cake Just kidding!

I gotta get a move on. Have a great day everyone, be back later.
  • Julie, Good luck with your puter. I know what a pain in the *** they can be but can you imagine never having one again? I dont think I could do it. Mine has been funky lately and some days I want to throw it out the window. haha. I hope you can get it fixed without leaving us.

Noelle, I know it is sup to us. I just cant figure out why food is so important to me. I mean I know it will be the death of me but yet I still overeat. I can barely walk in the mornings now but let me tell you when I am hungry fruit is not my first choice. I am like a big baby when it comes to limiting my food.

Wow, You guys live on a gold mine. Damn. I hope you and Rick can find something you like. Houses here are so cheap. We complain if something is over $125,000.00

I am off to eat lunch. Subway. Big surprise, huh?

Be back later
  • Noelle nice to see you. You are up early there sunshine . Your weekend sounds really nice. Michael must have loved it. We went to a church picnic where my dd will be attending pre-school. Can't wait to see the pics. That would be sweet if your parents let you buy the house. Maybe it will happen someday, I will keep my fingers crossed for you. That would be so awesome if you and Rick could build too. It was alot of fun building this house, minus the morning sickness I had at the time . I would love to build another one. I don't think dh would want to move though. When the kids are grown he just might though. But anyway the cost of a home is just out of this world. My brother who lives in the San Fran area with his wife can't believe the prices out there either. Of course he is from here though, and the cost of living is cheaper but still everytime you turn around I see prices going up. It sucks. We can't go to the grocery store and just spend twenty dollars anymore for just milk and this and that.
    Anyway that is a good idea about the cake, to bad I can't get a cake from Angie for him. He would just about fall over, he is so shy. I thought about getting him something but I went for giving him cash. What more can an eighteen year old want? I was twelve when he was born. My mom had it great because I took care of him non-stop!! But I loved it.

Angie computers are a complete pain but I don't know how I would live without one. Talking to you girls, looking up recipes and talking to my brother through it. Subway sounds really good, I have a craving now.

Off to make lunch. I ate a big huge bowl of oatmeal this morning. It was good. I love oatmeal even in the summer because you can make it so many different ways. Okay enough chatter from me. Check back later!!
  • Hey guys. I have a few minutes before I have to take Echo to the vet. She just has to get her yearly shots but it is a pain to get there. This weekend was fun but I over did it Friday night so I stayed in the bed ALL day Saturday until around 4. That is when I finally started to feel like a human being again. They asked Joe to be one of the Co-chairmen for the state convention in two years and then be the chairman in three. (they have to get them in order a few years in a row) They also want me to be a part of it too. What can I say, those guys love me. I am glad to be home but I am still kind of tired.

Angie I know that now that you are at home you will fall right back into your routine. You are one of the strongest people I know and I have all of the faith in the world that you will do whatever you set your mind to.

Julie Joe's little sister just turned 18 this year and it really does seem weird to me. He says that I treat her like a little kid but sometimes I can't help it. She still seems like the little girl I met 10 years ago.

Noelle if your parents did sell where in the world would they move to? I thought our pirces where growing here but you guys have us beat. The house across the street from us sold last year for $205,000 and that to me is pretty darn high. I know you guys have been looking for something as long as I have been chatting with you so I hope things work out.

Cherie I hope all is ok with you. Did you get anything from me in the mail?

Cal have you melted over there yet?

Dips what's going on in the big apple?

Ok, I am going out ot let the dogs out and run around with them for a bit. I'll check back later.