Looking for Buddies!

• Hi All My Name Is Dawn And I Am 47. I've Been A Yo-yo Dieter Since 10 Years Old. Have Tried Ww, Adkins, Slim-fast. Would Love Some Inspiration And Goals. To Kick Start My New Journey I Joined A Gym And My Trainer For Two Weeks Is Mo. After My First Three Training Sessions With Her I Could Barely Lift My Arms And Forget About Squats. Ouch!!!!! I Would Love To Find A Buddy To Work-out With And Be Accountable. Any Takers? Ciao Dawn
  • Hello
    Hello.

My name is Donald and I am trying to lose some weight.

My weight fluctuates wildly, since I don't really control what I eat and am not consistant with exercise. A basic timeline of my gain/loss story is:

1989: 240
    1990: 188
    1993: 200
    1997: 240
    2000: 285
    2002: 235
    2003: 200
    2004: 240
    2005: 235

As you can tell, it's out of control. I have known it for years, and while I was in the Army (1989-1998), I was always able to lose the weight in time for the every six month weigh-in or at least make my acceptable body fat limit.

My physical concerns came home recently, when my mother lost a limb due to diabetes (after a quad bypass, back surgery,...). I know right now, I am a prime candidate for all sorts of health problems with my family history of heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, and cancer. I am mid-thirties with three children, and a fourth due in July. I really want to be there when they get married, and be able to spoil grandbabies for a long time.

Any support offered will be well received and appreciated. (PS, feel free to be brutal if I start to slip up!)
  • Hi,
    This is my first posting. I am 33 yrs old and ready for a life style change. I have been somewhat over weight my whole life. I had it under control and stable in my early 20's. After I got married and had my 2 girls I wasnt able to get all of the pregnancy weight off with either of them. I gained 50 with each. I have started a diet each and everyday for the last 7 years only to fail. I had lost 30-40 pounds a few times only to gain it back plus. I guess thats why I am here. I need support and advise. Thanks
  • test
  • New Chick
    Hi,

I just registered after finding this site. Its wonderful! I am 27, 5'9" and I have a five year old daughter. I am not sure what happened but one day 3 1/2 months ago, I got on the scale and I weighed 242 lbs. Once I regained conciousness I broke out that step I bought a year ago and decided to use it for something other than a shoe rack. I have been dieting off and on my whole life. The last time I was thin I was 12. Anyway, I dont know what was different about this time but I am doing it and I will accomplish my goal. I am so happy and grateful to have stumbled accross this site. Everyones accomplishments are so motivating and I know this will help keep
    me going!

• I'm new and looking for some suppoort!
    Hello My name is Kelli, I am a 26 year old Navy wife. My husband and I have 3 kids together, Ben is 5 Lily is 3 and Calvin is 1.5. Now that we are done having children it is time to loose this weight! I need some motivation on those days I just feel overwhelmed! I am sure alot of you feel that way too right?! drop me a note if you would like a buddy too!
  • Coming out of lurkdom
    My name is Susie, I'm a 33 y/old sahm of 3. I've been overweight pretty much my whole life, and hit rock bottom in August '04...weighing in at 266. I started doing weight watchers and have lost 95 lbs since. I still have 31 lbs. to lose to hit my goal.

I've been lurking on this site for awhile now and just thought it was time to introduce myself
  • Hi There! I'm New!
    Hi!
    I'm 42 and I'm fat! I just joined Nutrisystem and I love it. I'm going on my 5th day and I've lost 3 pounds already. It's so easy! Plus I get to still have my glass of Merlot every night so life is good! I am highly motivated to lose weight. I am the heaviest that I have ever been. I am also a full time nursing student so I need to lose this weight to help me through all the stress. I am really good at email and instant messenger. Plus I would like to find someone in my area that maybe I could walk with once a week.
    Thanks for reading this!
    Anna
    : angel:
  • Hi there, Just wanted to say hello! I just joined today & my name is Dawn too!
  • new with hypothyroidism
    I am 27 to be 28 on the 8th.. I am overweight, a new mom, tired, and not motivated. I love sweets and have no will power against them. A year and a half ago I ran a 10k in Disney.. Now I cant even get motivated to walk on the treadmill. It is all a vicious cycle. I get disappointed because Im too tired to exercise so i get depressed and eat..then get upset because I ate junk..
    I just wanted to thank everyone who writes in... It is a great motivator that there are people like me..
  • Bumping up. These were posted in the wrong thread.