LAWL Losers and Friends - July '05

You're on Page 55 of 56
Go to
  • Quote: Or maybe someone like our very own Regina......
    Speaking of the

I went to COD today and was down another 2 pounds from Wednesday's weight. Today wraps up 8 weeks for me (or maybe it is tomorrow) and I'm down 31 pounds! I think I'm going to be like Karen and lose the first 50 pounds quite quickly and then stall like crazy. I keep waiting for it to happen and you're gonna hear me wail when it does!!!

The thing is, they say UP to 50 pounds, so you could lose only 10 and they would still be right.
  • Uummmmm, Good
    Sy, zucchini, chicken, and mango sounds so good and healthy and on plan. Hang in there girlfriend, you can do it. I'm pulling for you.

I happen to be layed off permanently (global workforce=Germany, India, China) and can do better on my diet while at home. I worked in an office filled with men and one female engineer, and they all thought that they were supposed to feed me. They would feel as if I was angry at them if I refused to go out to lunch all the time. I'm going to take advantage of this while I can and get my weight under control. Also, being single, it is most convenient to eat out often so I can't blame my coworkers. My boss used to tease me that with birthdays, professional days, and holidays, I would never have to buy grocery, just let the guys take turns taking me out to eat. That could be the reason why I was the lowest paid in the department though.

Going to fast Sat. & Sun. to clear the system for good weight loss. So, I did all of my yard work yesterday and today so that I can stay close to the bathroom.

later,
  • I had to change plans... I was on red and they changed me to purple. Then the next time I had a hard time, they added a 1/2 protien. When I got to within 10lbs it was HARD! It seemed like eternity, actually 4 months. Once you get close to your normal weight for your height you slow down ALOT... I think it's harder to loose 10lbs than it is 50lbs.....
  • Thanks for all the confidence. Well, I opened that box of pizza that was leftover, took a piece of pepperoni (that was hanging), chewed for a second or two, got to taste the sauce and spit it out and put it in the trash - refilled my water and headed back to my desk. Not 100%, but I think I did pretty good. I leave here at 3:00pm and I'm headed to the gym at 4:00pm and will be meeting my gym buddy. I think I'm on a roll. I actually feel great that I passed it up and tossed what I shouldn't be eatting. More of that and I can make it to my goal!

LadyIzzy: Too bad about being laid-off. Our company just announced that it will be laying off 15,000 people over the next 6 quarters. Hope I'm one of the survivors. They are offering early retirement as well, and I'm not 50 so can't take advantage of that (not that I could in the first place).

Star: How did you made out at the COD? Have fun this weekend with and your g-babies and be careful traveling with the apron lady. Think of me doing this and having a if you feel like giving in. Should keep you POP. LOL!

MetalChic: That is just what I needed.
  • Hi Chicks - Well I stayed the same at WI - not happy about that, but it could be some procedure I had yesterday.....

SY- thanks for remembering the 'apron lady' ...lol With two babies whatever eating we do will be at Unlce Curleys and Aunt Sue's (another apron lady). Hum, I will have to be preoccupied with the two munchkins........Aunt Sue's house is a chocolate haven....lol
    Sy - this chew/spit thing you have going on is that what bulemic's (sp?) do? Don't make me worry about you twin sister......
    Karen - thanks for the words on the last 10 (15 in my case) pounds being REALLY hard. It still doesn't make it fair.......tantrum icon here...
    Oh - I talked to Karen/Rusty at lunch. She is doing good and loves her new job. She said to say HI to you all. She will probably post this weekend from home....
    Bye
  • Star - I'm not sure if you're teasing Sy or being serious, but bulemics eat and then purge (vomit) - which is bad not only because the body doesn't have time to absorb any nutrients, but it's also much very damaging to the digestive system, as you can imagine. As long as Sy is getting all her POP foods in and "tasting" doesn't lead to lapsing (I know it would for me!!), I think she's got a good thing going!

So if you and Sy are twins, does that make me the bratty kid sister???

Fiona
  • Perfect position for you kiddo, you little smarty pants.....
    About remark to SY - I was kidding, I have done what SY is doing, but it sounds gross when you read it....lol
    My remark to Sy reminded me of a friend of mine that ask me before if I was abusing laxitives becuz of my CC.......I'm like oh yeah right?
    Smarty Pants -
  • Hello, ladies! Has anyone ever had a real problem getting their COD to hold their program for a vacation? I'm going away for two weeks but they said they'll only put it on hold for pregnancy or serious illness. I told her that I had heard of other centres putting programs on hold but she says they won't. She said that it's my choice to go on holidays and I have to live with that whether I keep losing or not because I signed a contract.

I think this is a great program but sometimes I get so annoyed at the counsellors! What she said makes sense but the way she put it made it sound like the contract and money are the bottom line regardless of my problems or life issues.

Sorry - just had to vent. I hope everyone is doing well.

Regina - I only WISH I could lose weight the way you have!

Stacey
  • Stacey, my center put me on hold when i went on vacation for almost 2 weeks. I'd be calling and complaining. You are right, it's not about contracts, or it shouldn't be, it's about them servicing you.
  • At my center, you can put your plan on hold at ANY time for ANY reason. I took off four whole weeks from just after Thanksgiving til New Year's last year, no questions asked. I'd call can complain to the corporate headquarters, or at least speak to the manager personally if you haven't already spoken to them.

Fiona
  • Stacey: It's pretty standard to put your program on HOLD while your on vacation. I'm be complaining too. Don't let them make up their own rules. It's summer, who doesn't take vacation?

Finoa: The Bratty Kid Sister sounds great! LOL!

Star: I have chewed and spit things out lately. I would have continued to eat the remaining pizza if I didn't toss it. I figured you were kidding (and maybe a little concerned). I guess it's kind of a 'I got control of myself' reaction. I was feeling guilty for even grabbing it, and had to get rid of it before my evil (inter) sister got the best of me and allowed me to really enjoy it - that would have lead to a bite, and next think I know - the slice would have been gone. I've been keeping her (the evil one) at bay, but sometimes she sneaks up on me.

I can proudly say that I have consumed 80 oz of water so far today. Went to the gym, got in 60 minutes on the ellipitical. Had shrimp with cocktail sauce, fresh tomato and 2 slices of fresh pineapple for dinner, just had my LA Lite and still have another veggie I can eat if I get hungry in a little while. I guess seeing that horrible number on the scales at the dr's yesterday put me in my place. Glad I went.
  • Stacey ~ Ask your counselor how you are supposed to weigh in the required 3 times per week while you are on vacation. Tell her that where you are going there is no center. Tell her you are taking a cruise! It's none of their business where you are going, but just that it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to weigh in, and since that is not possible, you want them to put your program on hold until you return. Don't take no for an answer. I agree with Fiona, talk with the manager and if you don't get satisfaction tell her you need the name and number of someone at the corporate headquarters. It sounds like the counselor just made an arbitrary decision and since others have had theirs put on hold, it doesn't sound like it is one that is corporate.

As for the quick weight loss, it surprises even me. I know there are contributing factors. I have a LOT of weight to lose, so I kind of expected the first 20 or so pounds to fall off quickly. Also, I gained about 40 pounds in about 3 months at the end of last year. Husband and I were separated for 3 months and I lost 15 pounds. When we got back together all I did was eat, eat, eat. The fact that it was Thanksgiving/Christmas season didn't help! Too many goodies around. Anyway, I wound up weighing more than I ever had in my life! That is what lead me to LAWL. When I joined I was committed to following the plan to a T and to the best of my ability, that is what I've done.

Good luck in getting them to put you on hold. Let us know if you prevail!
  • Marbear, are you married to my husband? That sounds like something he would do. I have awakened in the middle of the night to his munching on Doritos Cool Ranch chips!