LAWL Losers and Friends - July '05

You're on Page 46 of 56
Go to
  • WI yesterday was good, i lost 1 lb. since Sat. I thought i maybe was losing b/c Sat. i was peeing non-stop. Sorry if TMI, but do you notice that? The weather has been dreary lately so i'm having trouble with my walking goal this week. I'll have to try for walking on Wed. a.m. and then twice again thru Sunday.

Go to my energy healer tomorrow, kind of excited to see how that goes. She does body work, kind of like a massage but works with your energy and your meridians. My reg. dr suggested her and i like her so far.

Happy Tuesday!
  • All of these young ladies here. Ya'know I'm starting to feel OLD!
    I guess I should just accept it! I'm already in those categories Star mentioned.

My daughter told me last week, while we were at the pool, she thought that her and her brother keep me young. Acutally, I think they make me feel older, but I may be wrong (won't be the first time I've been wrong). Having teenagers is rough sometimes, I don't know what I'm gonna do when they are all grown up--probably feel lost. My DFI and I are talking about trying to have another child after we get married. I am really considering it, all my babies will be grown in a few years. I just don't know about being pregnant again, diapers, crying, ya'know all the baby stuff......
  • You chicks have been a great motivator for me! I am now following the blue plan and journaling again (I think this makes all the difference). I am down from the weekend, plus TOM has arrived! I am so excited - I don't want to go to the holiday parties overweight again this year!

Looked thru all the notes from when I was on the plan 3 years ago (lost 35 lbs) -- seems like when I journal and follow the plan I lose 2-3 lbs per week. that's my plan!

Got a selection of bars from the store to try since I am on my last week of LAWL bars -- really don't want to have to import them. Shipping chocolate bars in the middle of summer can be disastrous. Protein bars are soooo expensive over here! $2-$3/bar

Skipping my 20 year class union next year will probably still be living in UK…. Boy do I sound old?!

Sarah - I am not sure why, but sometimes after the good WI, I also get off plan. You would think there would be a firmer commitment. I guess I tend to sabotage my success.

Fruit & Oat bars are nasty! Not fond of the honey nougat either.

Bre - Keep up the great work!

Mary - I completely agree with you about feeling much healthier on eating this plan! I had done the plan after #2; unfortunately for #3 - I ate and ate and ate - it was my only outlet. I wish I could get my parents to eat healthier. I watched my stepmom struggle with her weight her entire adult life (over 200 lbs) -- I don't want to struggle -I want to succeed! My parents do all the stupid fad diets, but nothing helps. How are the new bars working? TMI(what is that?)?

Shannon_Jo - always envious of mom's like you! I nursed exclusively with all 3 (for basically 6 mos) - I didn't loose anything!

Karen - 31 - it is all down hill from here! Actually I have enjoyed my 30's much more than my 20s.

Michele - I was set to get my mamo in the US, but then ended up prego and then moved -- I asked about the mamo in the UK -- they don't do them routine until 50 ?!?!?! Hope all went well!

Irish - Glad you are back home - hoping for a quick recovery for you!
  • FYI, the mammo technician said that the guidelines have recently changed and they now say that you should have a yearly mammo after 40! It use to be 50. So to all of you who are late or just don't wanna, think about maybe calling for your appt.
  • Karen - If you have another baby after you get married it will be like studying for your grandma time......lol

TMI - is too much information....
  • Star, you have an excellent point.... Then my DGBs can have someone to play with..... their aunt/uncle....
  • Karen
    I have heard of things like that, but have never actually knew the mama/grandma......
  • Good afternoon, all!

Irish ~ I'm glad to see you are well enough to let us know how you are doing. I do hope you can resolve the issue with the landlord to your satisfaction. It does seem like too much of a coincidence that you got evicted just after the citation for the back steps. Way to go on the new car! What a blessing! It's great that something good came out of that mess. Good luck on your visit to the chiropractor. I swear by mine! What color is Bailey? What a cute name!

Fiona ~ Way to go, dropping in at the COD! I'm glad you are back on track. You had been gone for a month? I don't know that I'd be able to get back on track if I dropped off for that long! I'm afraid to go totally off plan for even a day.

Star ~ You crack me up! You are so witty! I love storms too, especially when we have some of that exciting lightning that lights up the whole sky and thunder that rolls on and on. Unfortunately, last week we had two young teen-aged boys that were under a tree struck by lightning. They are both in the hospital and one may ot live. The storm came in unexpectedly.

Jewel ~ How fun! I love class reunions. I don't think our class has had any since New Year's eve, 1999/2000. We used to have one every 5 years, but I didn't hear anything about one in the past couple of years. The last one was planned with multiple years which was a lot of fun. My brother was a year ahead of me, and I was friends with some of the people in his class. Congratulations on only a 1 pound gain!

Britt ~ I love looking through cookbooks! Your post made me remember that one of the counselors told me that the Breakfast Sausage that is in the Ethnic Dishes/Soul & Traditional Southern section is really good. I need to buy some ground turkey and give it a try. Let us know what what you try from it and if it is any good. Oh, I love that Geico commercial too! In the beginning it always used to catch me off guard, thinking Tony was advertising something of his.

Mitchypoo ~ How exciting, going to an energy healer! I know some people think it is a bunch of hooey, but I would love to find one and see if it makes a difference! People just don't understand what they can't see or prove. Eastern medicine is far above Western in a lot of areas in my humble opinion.

Metal Chic, Fiona, and Mary ~ Y'all are just baby chicks! Don't you feel privileged to hang around with all these old hens?
  • Quote: I have heard of things like that, but have never actually knew the mama/grandma......
    You may know one soon......

I actually went to high school & college with a girl that is 4 months younger than her niece. Hopefully, my children will wait until they are at least in their 20s before giving me DGBs, and I am still fertile enough to get pregnant within the first year of trying (I've been on birth control since 1991). Then their would be some age difference.
  • Karen - You know I'm teasing you chick - but grandma's are getting younger everyday! I've been a grandma for 4 years and I've been 39 for for 17 years.....so go figure.....lol
  • Star, I know... Actually, I made my mom a grandmother at 31.
  • I have a confessions
    My FI was nice enough to get us dinner last night. I'll admit I haven't been on Plan so much b/c my counsler said that I would loose slower, and that I am better off not wasting my weeks. I restart again on Monday..hopefully I will be feeling better, and won't want comfort food as much. I think i've gained maybe 4 or 5 lbs don't know yet. It hasn't been a week since surgery..but i feel so guilty b/c since surgery I've eaten KFC ( i know bad bad but FI was being nice by bringing home dinner) Ice Cream, Soda, Pizza, cookies..I am drinking water though at least trying, and I know I am retaining alot of the fluids from surgery..can someone please sprinkle some mercy dust on so when I restart I havent' gained the 12 I lost back..so frusterated,..:-(

On another note we contacted a lawyer today about the eviction. Basically if this thing goes to court, our landlord doesn't have a prayer.
  • Quote: My FI was nice enough to get us dinner last night. I'll admit I haven't been on Plan so much b/c my counsler said that I would loose slower, and that I am better off not wasting my weeks. I restart again on Monday..hopefully I will be feeling better, and won't want comfort food as much. I think i've gained maybe 4 or 5 lbs don't know yet. It hasn't been a week since surgery..but i feel so guilty b/c since surgery I've eaten KFC ( i know bad bad but FI was being nice by bringing home dinner) Ice Cream, Soda, Pizza, cookies..I am drinking water though at least trying, and I know I am retaining alot of the fluids from surgery..can someone please sprinkle some mercy dust on so when I restart I havent' gained the 12 I lost back..so frusterated,..:-(

On another note we contacted a lawyer today about the eviction. Basically if this thing goes to court, our landlord doesn't have a prayer.

Well, whatever the initial outcome is, you DO know how to stay on plan and take off whatever managed to sneak back on. Just bite the bullet, get (and stay) on program, stay in ticker denial (I love that phrase) so you can catch up with yourself, and let us know how you are doing. You do know what to eat, and if you tell your sweet FI that you are back on plan, I'll bet he will jump through hoops to make sure you stay on.

Your wedding isn't that far away and will be here before you know it. Keep thinking of how good you will be when you have lost the weight and are a thinner beautiful blushing bride!
  • Bye chicks - I'm outta here....
  • WHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAT... 12 LBS IN 6 WEEKS.

I just dropped in and can't get past that one.. congrats to you.......I can't stay long,, gotta earn my keep around here this week.. (at work)

things going well on the blue...no difference in weight really since Monday, that is good, better than gaining.

I'll drop in again soon

Debi