Starbucks

• I have a question for you wise people. I don't normally drink coffee (which I know is phase one acceptable) but occasionally I like to go to Starbucks and get a sugar free hazelnut non fat latte. I haven't done it yet since I started phase 1 because I wasn't sure if it would be okay. But, I was thinking about it today and since I use sugar free syrup anyway, would it be acceptable?

Gosh, it would be nice to have that one treat!
  • I have gone to Starbucks since starting this WOE, and I think it's acceptable. I just make sure they use 1% milk, sugar free flavor, and I get either the smallest latte or the medium sized one, depending on my milk product intake for the day. The sugar free iced lattes make me feel like I'm really getting a treat. Almost like cheating, without actually having to cheat!

Good luck to you!
  • I concur. I usually get soy milk, use the hazelnut SF syrup and they blend it with ice. LOVE IT!
  • Would it be possible to get something like this at Dunkin' Donuts? I'm dying for an iced latte.

I made something similar with General Foods International Coffee sugar free, low calorie Vanilla (1 TBS), 1/3 cup water, and enough ice to make 3/4 cup. I definitely need to double or triple the recipe. But it was good.