hydroxycut

• has anybody tried hydroxycut? i am curious to know if it works!
  • I've heard there's nothing like eating right and exercising to take the place of pills that claim to do this or that for weight loss. I've not tried them. I've thought about it. But can't see trying MORE pills when the previous ones I've all tried never worked.
  • Pills are not permanent solutions... and they could be dangerous to YOUR health. Other people may claim that pills worked for them, but for me it is too risky.

Stimulate your body with exercise, not pills. Just my opinion.
  • i intend to diet and exercise but i was wondering if there was some way to increase the efficiency.
  • I've moved this thread from Recipes to Buyer Beware so more people could have the chance to respond.

You might want to check out a few threads here on the forum, specifically this one:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32108

Basically, like Jiff said, these pills are risky to use, even without the ephedra they used to contain prior to the US ban. At best, I'd say that any 'productive' effects are only temporary.

And don't get conned by the multipage "articles" you see in the fitness mags for Hydroxycut. These are ADS, and the before and afters for the most part (if not entirely) are FITNESS MODELS who get PAID to do these kind of ads. In fact, their contracts generally state that they be given 12 weeks advance notice prior to the ad shoot so they can get into the 'after' condition you see in the photos - not by using the product they're pushing so much as by some very rigorous, unhealthy 'competition dieting' (the same kind of diet and exercise regimen that competitors in fitness and bodybuilding contests undergo prior to their contest dates). This causes a TEMPORARY weight loss, largely through water loss, and can really do a number on your body including your thyroid, making it more and more difficult over time to lose any regained weight. So be VERY careful and don't be taken in by those ads!
  • Even as a boost to the diet, I'd still say that you should consider this...You're going to have to keep the weight off after you get down to where you want. Are you going to be able to take these pills for life? If it's not something you can do for life, you may find anything you lose doing it may come back later. It takes years to get overweight, so don't try to rush losing it. You can't effectively speed off what took so long to bring on and expect it to stay off in the long run.
  • The thing about the active ingredients is - that they lose their effectiveness as the user builds up a tolerance - so what typically happens (IMO!) is that the user will take ever-higher doses. And you're typically already taking a lot as it is - usually the instructions will 'cycle' you up to a recommended dose of 3 pills 3x/day (realize how much that would cost - usually there are 90 pills in a bottle, seems like a lot until you realize it's only 10 days' worth).

Just something to keep in mind
  • Hi Mellesa,

I tried Hydroxycut. Don't waste your money.
  • I've tried it too w/Ephedra and without and I'm with everyone else...Don't waste your money!!!
  • I tried it a while back but with the ephedra and it did give me energy and suppressed my hunger. I did recently try the new version without the ephedra and it just wan't the same. I am one to say sometimes adding diet aids is fine but as long as one also focuses the main attention on diet and exercise. Hey man thats why it always says that those guys in mags lost weight while following some PROPER diet and exercise. This is the core. I haven't taken anything in a long while but I was going to try the lean system 7. Yet, in the end research in places like bodybuilding.com and other such sites. The new hydro just ain't worth the cost.
  • I tried one of the ephedra based products and it triggered panic problems which I have to this day when I drive. ITS NOT WORTH IT! Problems I NEVER had before I took the ephedra based products.

I tried the phen/fen through the dr. and had to go through the heart exam etc..to make sure I did not have problems as a result..AGAIN NOT WORTH IT...Nothing like reading the paper to see all the lawyers who want to get your business cus you may have heart valve problems and DIE because you took a few pills..and then listen to the pharmacist, (when you go in to get documentation so you can get your tests done) say well it was always a dirty combination..though he gladly sold it to you before and NEVER said anything.

Plus I had severe bloating and gas on phen/fen...
    Geez I was only 20-pounds overweight then ..what was I thinking?

As far as before and afters..one of the fitness models was EVEN PREGNANT in her befores and they NEVER say that...Disgusting!
  • Hi--didn't try this product--but have tried others--IMHO--they work--but totally ruin your metabolism! Someone else wrote--"are you prepared to take them for life?" That is a very true statement. When I went off of the product I took--I gained my inches back--I went off--because I didn't want to be tied to a "pill." I did lose all of the inches again--but--I did it the old fashioned way--I earned it! And my body--and me--are much happier now!