When You feel you have not lost enough

• Sometimes when I am dieting and I only loose 1 pound I get discouraged and think that I am sometimes not doing things right. Recently my mother has told me something that always helped her in the past.

If anyone thinks that loosing 1 pound is barely anything, go into your frige and look at a stick of butter or a pound of margarine. And just imagine, For every pound you loose, you loose one of those
  • I agree -- that's great motivation.

I recently needed to carry several 40 pound bags of salt to my basement where the water softener is. They were HEAVY and I was totally pooped when I finished! It was then that I realized that I used to carry MORE than that extra weight on my body every second of every day. It's no wonder I was tired much of the time.
  • Wow, I never thought of it that way! What a great way to look at it!
  • What great motivation! Thanks!
  • That's a good tip, my husband, bless him, always counts in bags of sugar, when I tell him what I have lost he says well that's another bag of sugar, so I have lost 39 bags of sugar, that takes up a lot of room on the supermarket shelf!!!
  • Every ounce lost is a small victory.
  • I love that image! I will remember that...and think of the big stack of butter that is slowly adding up....
  • Totally love that view