Weekly Exercise Log 6/20 - 6/26

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Let's get moving, ladies!

Monday:
    30 mins stationary bike, "alpine pass" program, level 3
    LOTS of stretching (no running b/c my knees were bugging me)
    some ab work
    and I'll be walking home, 1.5 miles
  • Monday~mile and half Leslie Sansone video and short bellydance one
  • YUCKY .. no work out this morning. . I set my alarm for 4:50 PM not AM. . gonna try for tonight, a walk or rollerblade
  • Working it out!
    Monday-

30 minutes on the elliptical machine
    4 sets of squats, lunges, and kicks
    3 sets @37.5lb upper body strength training
    ran up the stairs ( i know that doesn't count but got the heart pumping! )
    just got in from a jog with my boyfriend for 2 miles.

Woohoo
  • I tried to run in the park with my son riding his bike. After a day of camp, he didn't quite have the energy but we wer out and moving for about 40 minutes but I'd say I only jogged for 20.
    I did a short pilates tape at home, 20 min.
  • Monday:
    30 min upper body weights
    20 min abs
    30 min elliptical machine level 5 alpine prog
    after work: 2 miles running w/friend, 2 miles walking
  • Monday-50 minutes exercise bike

My TOM is here and I REALLY REALLY didn't want to exercise. Plus I have pink eye (don't ask...I can't seem to get well around here...strep last week, pink eye this week) so I'm pretty proud of myself for exercising today.

Great job ladies!
    Keep up the hard work, it is worth it!!!
    Amber
  • oh girl I am with you on the TOM thing! The day before I started my Atkins diet (june 1) I started my period...then it lasted for 2 weeks! but was unusually light..then lsat week I started working out a lot more, and yesterday my TOM came BACK! only not so light...I got the works, headaches, backaches, cramping... It took everything I had to go workout today...did 30 mins on the eliptical on manual...surprisingly my cramps went away while I was working out, and that was the only 30 mins today that I felt fine. haha.

I am also wondering if I should add more time to my workout? 30 mins is pretty tough, I started at 5 and moved quickly up to there, but I dunno if I can do the eliptical any longer...maybe I need to find a new machine to do after that. Any suggestions? We have a stair master, treadmill, stationary bike and the eliptical.
  • Breakfastsurreal- Don't push it too hard. I would stick to no more than 30-40 minutes on any machine....now that i have been working out consistantly for the last 6 weeks it gets easy when i get to minute 25 or so. Its good to do multiple machines or switch it(maybe get an aerobics tape) up every once in a while, your body will be surprised and will thank you.
  • Breakfastsurreal~ I would try to switch up machines, I usually have to switch every 3 rd day or so. Usually I get stuck in a plateau then I swtich to treadmill or stair master. I never feel like I push on the other machines because eliptical is my choice of machines.
    Tuesday work out 15 mins cardio 20 mins abs/sticks lower body weights 20 mins
  • Monday - 32min cardio on the arc trainer
    3sets upperbody strength training

I'm so glad I went! Mondays always seem to end up being part of my 'oops I forgot to workout' weekend.
  • Breakfastsurreal~ You might also try mixing it up within one workout like 10 min on each machine (treadmill, bike, stairs, elliptical) and really pushing yourself on each one. then you've gone for a total of 40 minutes but it won't seem that bad. worth a shot.

anyway today I did 30 min lower body weights, 15 min stairmaster @ level 10 and 20 min recumbent bike with random program.
  • good idea! thanks for the suggestions ladies! Going to go workout now and switch it up some! I'll check in when I get back!!!
  • Ok just got back...I did 15 min on the eliptical, then 10 on the stationary bike, then tried to do the stairmaster, but it felt really unnatural and had this really annoying cranking sound/feel to it, so i did that for only 2 mins, then walked at a 3.6mph pace on the treadmill for 10 mins...so 35 mins! woot! I'm hoping this changing it up thing will give me more results!
  • oops, I posted this on last weeks thread...
    Tuesday
    3.6 Miles on the dreadmill....45 minutes
    45 minutes pilates
    some walking