Dieting w/o family and friend pressure

• has anyone lost weight without telling their family or friends and then surprised them ?
  • Hi,
    I am moving from general diet plans over to the support forum.
  • Hi, I started off very low key and didn't tell anyone at first. Not that I'd joined a gym or anything. When people started noticing or asking questions I came clean (not even necessarily noticing that I'd lost weight, but noticing that I was wanting to eat healthier stuff), but I still don't look to friends and family for support or motivation really. I'm doing this for me.
  • Like YP1, I didn't tell everyone immediately. My husband knew from the start but family and friends in general don't know unless they've commented on my appearance. At the moment, my dad and the women I've become friends with through my kids' playgroups know, but no one else has said anything so I haven't said anything either. Like YP1, I'm doing this for me. Even if nobody notices after I reach my goal, that's okay. I want to be healthy, I want to feel confident and happy about my appearance, and that's what matters to me.