Week of June 13-17

• Hi all! I thought I'd start the ghread since we are falling off on our postings! I had my ultrasound yesterday. BAby is aboiut 6.5lbs, and completely normal for 36 weeks. My amniotic fluid was normal. Baby was "breathing" in fluid, peeing, swallowing, moving a LOT, and basically a healthy little guy/girl. I can't tell you what a relief it was for us. I am so happy Yay!

Outside of that, I am sick AGAIN with a cold that turned sinus/bronchial infection. I am on drugs, butthe really mild kind, so I am just keeping my fingers crossed I get over it. It would SUCK to go thru labour with a respiratory infection, then possibly pass it to the newborn.

OH and yesterday I had a surprise shower at work. It was so nice (I have some serious thank you cards to do!!). I had about 25 people there and lots of really nice gifts. One that DH loved was the video baby monitor!

Well, I better get going - write when you can!! Hope you are all well!
  • Belle: Geez, less than a month left!! Sounds like you'll have a good-sized baby and that's always good! I am sorry you're sick right now.. I hope you feel better soon!

I struggled with my eating yesterday and really worked hard and fell under my magic number which is 30 (I am running 35K a week so I need the calories)... I so wanted to have some junk, but used good old fashioned willpower (I know I forget about this tool). Anyway I am starting to journal again and start working on my running nutrition (carbs yah).

Hope all is well!

Ali
  • Hi all-I want to keep this board going so I can rejoin after my baby is born! I have been eating like crap but weighed in this morning and have maintained again. that is good-I am 14 weeks and 8 pounds under my prepregnancy weight! Whoo hoo! More ice cream for me! (the baby needs calcium, right??)
    One of my coworkers is doing WW on line and I am trying to support her. It keeps my accountable too..
    Oh, and I went running on Sunday-just 2 miles, but it was better than the nothing I have been doing lately-I wanted to do somethin good so I could post it here!

Ali-what are you training for?
  • Hi Lori,

I am training for a half marathon in October!

Ali
  • Oooh-good luck-that is one of my post pregnancy goals-to run a half!!
  • My post-pregnancy goal is to sleep again! Right now my hip/siatic nerve is so sore, I don't get any sleep at all - even for 40 minutes!!

I am looking forward to WW on the nursing mom program (assuming nursing pans out for me!).
  • Lori: I've had to reduce my training this week no voice which means I must rest-up so my voice can get better (I was speechless for a week last time)... I am annoyed... 2nd time losing my voice in less than a month. The half has been one of my goals too so I figure I should go for (we'll see if I can actually do it <might need surgury for something unrelated later this year>)

Belle: OoooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwCh... I've had a hurting siatic before. I hope it gets better!

Take care!

Ali
  • Hey Ladys Crazy week at work
    uber big boss is here
    BELLE OMG its 1 month away till cleatus comes out to see us ( thats supposed to rhyme) I have sciatica it SUCKS I'm sorry lady
    Ali I hate not having a voice!
    Hey Lori Stay with us when are you due again?
    DH and I booked our anniversary weekend in Saratoga NY in a b&B called the mansion its GORGEOUS
    He wants me to go camping this weekend so I'm kinda hoping it rains too much to go I don't want my first camping to be in the rain bleh bleh
    bbiab
    Kier
  • It could be a WEEK away before Cleatus makes an entrance. I have had spotting and bad braxton-hicks. Doc says could be within the week, but I have to be prepared that it might be two or three weeks yet...so, it's a waiting game! Perhaps we should stimulate labour the old-fashioned way....sex!

Anyway, the siatic thing - they say it won't go away til baby does....the best case scenario is that she'll write me off work. The OB said she'll write me off anytime I am ready, if I want to...if it gets worse and the baby isn't coming, I might go a week early. Office jobs are not optimal for preggos!

Kier- you have NEVER camped before? OR do you mean the first of the season? My first ever was may-long weekend, and it snowed. IT was bloody cold! Can't be worse than that!!
  • Hey guys! Today is my performance review. We usually have it in October, but I requested it before I leave, as I won't remember well my accomplishments, and niether will my boss. But I hate the perf review, it's so much stress.

Last night in baby class, one couple had thiers already - she was 36 weeks to the day. Teh baby was 6lbs 2oz, adn just a little peanut. He had crazy blonde spiky hair! Cute...they all think I am next, which is likely.

It's raining here again - we'll likely have flooding south of the city again...just a nasty June! But in a way, I am glad it's not really hot.

OK have to run. Lots to do as usual.

COME OUT AND POST!!
  • My voice is better, but I had two nights with an attack of frozen yogourt+chocolate chips.... ooops... I get hungry when I am sick Although I didn't run last night I attended the talk session of my running clinic and received my schedule... wow, it's a tough schedule, but doable!! I so want to be able to run this half-marathon.

Kierie: Enjoy Saratoga!! An anniversary is always exciting!! it's pouring here so maybe it'll head southeast!

Belle: I am trying to accumulate as much sick leave as possible now so I can take a week or two off before I have kids... I have four weeks now with a potential of another three this year. I might need surgury though which will suck up at least a few days Take care, you might be a mom in a week!!

Ali
  • Belle-good luck! Ali-fro yogurt with choc chips? MMMMMM I am with you-you know how people say if they are sick they can't eat? I am exactly the opposite-I pig out, and on sweets and 'comfrt' foods-for me, comfort food when I am sick is ice cream-for most people it is chicken soup! Go figure-hmmm I wonder why I have a weight problem>?????