...need help in subsituting...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • ok i found this recipe and I was wondering if anyone could help me make it south beach friendly....besides the obvious...

12 NUTTER BUTTER Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies, divided
    2 Tbsp. butter, melted
    1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
    1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 tsp. vanilla
    1 tub (12 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
    2 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted

CRUSH 8 of the cookies in resealable plastic bag with rolling pin. Mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of foil-lined 9x5-inch loaf pan.
    MIX cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in 3 cups of the whipped topping. Spoon 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture into small bowl. Stir in melted chocolate until well blended; set aside. Spoon half of the remaining cream cheese mixture over crust. Top evenly with chocolate mixture; cover with remaining cream cheese mixture.
    FREEZE 4 hours or overnight until firm. Invert onto plate. Remove foil, then re-invert onto serving platter so that crumb layer is on bottom. Coarsely break the remaining 4 cookies. Top dessert with remaining whipping topping and cookies.

any insight would be helpful!!!

THANKS
  • Aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh! You've got to be kidding! I wouldn't even attempt it! There is a limit to how many substitutions you can make in a recipe and have it remotely resemble the original.
    Good luck!
  • lol Ruth!!!
  • Angel, there's no way, hon. Can't you find something else to make?
  • Take the easy route

• oooh that makes me sad... i actually figured it out though it obviously wont taste the same!
  • Angel, it does sound good, but honestly, some recipes would take so much work to change it's better to let them go! Why not think of another way to eat something like it? You could make a PB cheesecake and put semi-sweet choc chunks in it...or try the chocolate PB cake recipe I put in the forums. It's excellent!
  • good idea!..i was grumpy about it cause J's mom made it for everyone and I really wanted some..but I thought i could make my own....thanks Laurie for being so nice about it ...I will def try the PB cake
  • How about this:

1/2 cup nut flour (peanuts?) mixed with 2 TBS ICBINB and 3 TBS Splenda
    2 Tbsp. canola oil or ICBINB
    1 pkg. (8 oz.) Fat Free Cream Cheese, softened
    1/2 cup NATURAL creamy peanut butter
    1/2 cup splenda or other sweetener
    2 tsp. vanilla
    1 tub (12 oz.) COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
    2 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted OR 2 TBS cocoa mixed with 1 TBSP canola oil or ICBINB.
  • oooh there we go....!!! THANK YOU...I will give this a shot tonight...see how it turns out
  • (Just make sure that you adjust your Splenda to suit the Cocoa--some times, it isn't sweet enough..)

Good Luck
  • OK dumb question what is ICBINB?
  • I cant beleive its not butter
  • Thanks angelshine