Starting to get hungry!!!!

• I am in week 2 of P1 and starting to get hungry. Nothing has changed in my routine or what I eat. Not having any cravings, I am just hungry.
    Any suggestions y'all beautiful chicks????
  • Is it close to TOM? I often get much hungrier around that time (which has been this week). I just eat extra veggies and drink more water to get me past it and the extra hunger doesn't hang around long.
  • Its post TOM. Ended wednesday. Could that be it????
  • Wenchy, I usually drink a large glass of water first. Sometimes thirst masquerades as hunger. If I'm still feeling hungry, I have some veggies and protein--homemade 3 Bean salad is ideal, but you could try some celery and laughing cow, etc. Usually, if I'm not truly hungry, veggies don't sound good to me, but if I am, I'll be thrilled to have them. It's like a little test.

Dr. A does say that if you are hungry, eat. But do keep it to veggies (which fill you up) and a bit of protein (which keeps you full longer).
  • Thanks Laurie. I was starting to worry that I was going to have to double what I eat to keep from being hungry.
  • Wendy, black beans in my salads have really helped me. For some reason it keeps me full much much longer.

Good luck!
  • I usually eat a salad when I get hunry with vingar only as dressing (I don't like oil). By the time I prepare it all, I am no longer hungry

Honestly, water fills me as does Crystal Lite. Try that first. I always have celery or peppers (in pretty colors) in baggies in the fridge to grab and eat. I've also started adding an extra veggie to my main entree (so I have chicken with spinach and cauliflower with a salad).

Very filling (not to mention FIBEROUS )