We're Doing Plenty, on Core Board Twenty! (#20)

You're on Page 6 of 20
Go to
  • Hey, we have a pool now! It's all of 9 inches deep, is shaped like a whale, and has a sprayer up where the spout should be on a whale. It even inflates and deflates for more portable convenience. Bet you all are jealous!

We got the wading pool out for the girls this afternoon and put it on the front porch. That way, they can play in the shade, and not get sunburned like Vickie and Jim. We even have a hot water spigot in the garage, so dh used warm water to fill it up. Lucky kids!

I managed to hoe in the garden for about an hour this morning. It looks good! I want to have the garden looking spic and span for when my mom comes home. I know she thinks the house and yard are going to go to pot with just my dad and brother home.

I think I'm going to go sew pajamas now. Dd is getting antsy to wear them.

Angela
  • Oh that reminds me of something! My sewing machine has to go to the shop next week. I'm making a quilt for the newest niece and my tension got all screwed up for some reason and I absolutely can NOT figure it out this time. I think maybe an internal part is bad. Anyway they will be here in August, so I have some time.

I am jealous of that pool -- I could take my sunglasses and book and sunscreen and just soak up the sunshine. The things that make us happy!
  • Wowee -- I just made my soup and am I excited! I used a big can of chicken (first time to use canned chicken and I was a little nervous), a can of rotel, a can of tomato soup, a can of water in the tomato soup can, a can of FF chicken broth, and a can of Mexi-corn. Spiced it up a bit with some Mrs. Dash and it is GOOOOOD!
  • That DOES sound good, and easy. How long did you cook it?

You should add it to our recipes board.

Angela
  • It's just a "dump" soup -- dump a bunch of cans and heat it up!
  • My kinda soup, Kathy! I'm gonna go check out the recipe board. Angela, the pool sounds adorable. I bet the girls were so happy.

Off to cook on the grill now!
  • Well, last night just tore Judd up! He hasn't moved an inch all day. So much for the chores he had scheduled for himself ... it ain't happening!

I made the soup, made a chicken casserole, and am about to make the pistachio pineapple lush that you posted earlier, Vickie. It sounds like something I'd like, so I got all the ingredients while at the store earlier. I'll report back but don't plan on eating my first installment until Monday. I have my four soup containers stacked up in the fridge, and will stack four pudding containers next to it -- then grab one of each every day and lunch will be a no-brainer!
  • Not a good weigh in.....but I knew that.......up, up, up, so I drank to the occassion what the hey!!!! I AM my own worst enemy!!!
    Another week starts, yet again tomorrow....and the band played on..........so they say....
  • I'm with you ... another week starts tomorrow. I'm all ready, but for tonight -- watch out. I think I'll be sleeping well.
  • Will we ever get this right, Kath???
  • I ask myself that every night. EVERY night ... I can't imagine what it'll take. Thankfully we're only battling with ourselves and the 5-10 pesky pounds that won't go away. I just remember how much easier it was when I had a lot to lose.
  • I think the last 5-10 pounds will be deadly. I'm sure I'll think I'm so cute by then! At least you aren't gaining girls. Have a good evening. I'm off to make some popcorn!

I'm making the pistachio pineapple lush tomorrow to have with my Chicken Fried Rice. I talked about it so much to NH Linda that I got a craving for it. Hey where's Terry. Hope her big run went ok. It was REALLY hot here today in Chicago.

Ter....you ok?
  • I'm making it too ... but tomorrow. I thought I had everything and couldn't find the crushed pineapple, so little DD (who works at a grocery store) is bringing some home tonight. I think it'll be awesome!!

One night next week I'll have to try the Chicken Fried Rice. We are all big chinese food lovers here, so it will probably be a hit!
  • I think any dessert that has the word "lush" in it has to be pretty good!

Here's a question for all you wise women out there. What would you do if your daughter had an eye like my dd's? I'm attaching a picture. I'm just a little concerned, because it's still really swollen. (It happened Thursday evening.) This picture is from this noon - it's darker now. Her actual eyeball looks OK, as far as I can tell. It's just a little red in the very corner. I know bumps on the head take a few days to go down, and I shouldn't worry; it just looks so horrible right now!

Thanks for your advice,
    Angela

• OH HOLY COW! That's horrible!!! I don't think the doctor could do anything, so if she's sleeping and eating and playing and peeing and not having a headache or dizziness or anything like that ... I'd just give it some time. Poor thing!!!