Salllllllllllllllty!!!

• Preeetzles!! Preeeeeetzles!!! Braaaaains....er... *cough* Preeeetzles!!

I have a salty/crunchy craving like you would not believe. A big bag of FF pretzles would reallllly hit the spot. However, I really don't need those refined carbs and I REALLY really don't need all that salt. (Trying to recover from high-blood pressure naturally)

I've tried chewing gum. The spicy red kind and the cooling mint kind. It's not helping!

ARGH!
  • count out one serving of pretzels and enjoy it, but figure that into the rest of your calories. you shouldnt deny your cravings, but at the same time you shouldnt let any craving ruin a day of good eating
  • Sometimes I find that something with lemon juice or vinegar helps sub for salt. So maybe some vegetables sprikled/dipped in lemon juice or vinegar?
  • another good sub are low sodium pickles..you get that cruch you would from pretzles and hard to eat that many pickles (although i am weird and love them usually eat them with mustard)..they are relatively low cal (the dill ones)....salt though might be high if you eat too many
  • If you just have to have something salty, I'd have it. Drink an extra couple glasses of water to make up for it. It's better than eating a ton of other stuff that isn't really what you want, trying to satisfy the craving
  • How about just doing some exercise....or any other behavior that takes you mind off of needing to eat now.
  • I really don't like salt at the moment. Last week I was on holiday and was eating really nice peppers stuffed with feta cheese. Lovely. Today I bought some in the supermarket back home and they were so salty I could hardly eat them.

Not nice.

I'm going to have to down a pile of water now I think!