And ode to the Ladies Bathroom Scale

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Yes, I am addicted.

I weigh in every morning. Unless I somehow, miracle upon miracles, forget and eat first. I get disappointed and come up with possible explainations --whether the number goes up or down, I try to rationalize with it.

I am a scale 'ho.

I weigh in at work.

There is a tiny scale in the corner of the ladies' bathroom on our floor. Where it came from (other than the 1920's), I will never know.

But while I know that the scale at work, like at the doctor's office, is off and not a true read, can't I love it for just a moment???

I got on it all last week -- almost every time I went in to pee (which is a lot now that I am drinking water) and when there were no other ladies in the room ( ). And each time it put me at 199 or so -- a fairly accurate read after eating breakfast/lunch with all my clothes on...

But just now??? After breakfast AND lunch??? With all my clothes and shoes on?

194!!!!

Oh how I love thee, Ladies Bathroom Scale. Even if only until tomorrow afternoon...

• Jenn, you really are strange. I guess I've come the the right beach. Congrats on the loss.

Lydia
  • Jenn! I can totally relate. Sometimes, when the 'karma' feels right, I try weighing in on the scale at the gym. I know it's not an accurate reading, but sometimes it surprises me and I feel 'super skinny' for the rest of the day.
  • LOL Jenn, I'm a lot like you....I get on the scale at least 2 times daily, my DH says he's gonna toss it out the back door, lol since what the scale says sets my mood for the day. Don't ya just love it when it gives you a smaller number!
  • I only weigh once every morning, but I have a special way of leaning to one side while I'm standing on it. It takes practice.
  • Ellis!!

Wellllll, I started off I was only going to weigh in once a week...but now my 'official' weigh in is once a week and I have a daily weigh, ...I also weigh first thing in the morning.
  • If I lean forward on my home scale...I can BEAT the digital!!!!!

Now, the challenge: beat the 20's scale!
  • Quote:
    I am a scale 'ho.

I have the SAME ISSUE! Recently I have been trying to break the habit, but it's hard! At one point I would weigh myself before & after going poo just to see the difference! IT'S A SICKNESS, I KNOW
  • Ok -- so I am weird. Never said I wasn't and never tried to allude you to believe anything else

Going to weigh now...I pray for 195!!!!
  • Quote: I pray for 195!!!!
    You and me both, baby.
  • Jenn...what'd you get? <waiting with baited breath>

I lean back on my heels, but that means I have to squint to see the dial.
  • 195.8 - which I will gladly take

losing .4 oz. a day ain't half bad I just kind of wish I hadn't done the pre-SB diet before I started!! I wanted my Phase 1 to show more of a loss. I can't figure it out, other than eating breakfast and lunch SB friendly (and up in the air for dinner) and drinking lots of water the week before Phase 1, why I haven't lost that much.

I mean, in 3 weeks it's been 9 lbs, but only 3 since starting P1 for real...
  • I tend to weigh in everyday too. I have a chart I made hung up above the scale in the bathroom. The only days I don't weigh in are the days I wake up too late (which is actually pretty often). I notice the .2 of a pound too. I round down though. If one day the scale says I weigh 185.2, and the next day it says 184.8, I count that as 1 pound lost, lol, at 184 on my chart. I got to 184.0 the other day, and I have not weighed since. I know it's not there right now because I have had my TOM this past week. I am going to wait a few days to not suffer from Scale Shock.
  • I weigh in every morning. I can't wait a week...too afraid I'll gain more weight. Congrats on your weight loss!!
  • I weigh every morning and have been known to weigh before and after a poo. It should go down afterwards but never does.

I have discovered that I weigh less if I rest my boobs on the towel rack just over the scale.