Exercise Accountability #9 June 6 - 12

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey Gang

What's everyone up to this week exercise wise ?? Any swimming in the picture, it's hot as heck here I love it !! Except the pool isn't open yet because before this weekend the weather had been so bad...

Today I am biking and doing legs

NEXT!!
  • House work this AM. Cheer practice 6 - 8 and then hot date with Billy Blanks tonite. Yep, its a cardio only day for me.

Tiki
  • Skipped the date with Billy and hooked up with Mr. Pillow instead. However, this AM I hit the gym for shoulders, then back home to put clothes in the dryer and do Tae Bo.

Tiki.
  • Flunked excercise for yesterday, but i did do 7 km run on the treadmill today. After reading Tiki's post I might gat Billy out again some time
  • I flunked out of exercise yesterday too! But I did work in the garden for a couple of hours so I didn't just sit and do nothing...

Today I will go to the gym...
  • Good morning, chickies! Monday and Tuesday were cardio-only days for me ... cardio's done for today and shoulders are on the schedule for this afternoon.
  • Cardio only day today - Did 50 minutes on the bike.

Tiki
  • Ran 6.4 kms on the treadmill
  • Good going, Rabbit and Tiki!!

My day started with 6:00 AM spinning class, which has me completely jazzed and ready to go! Hey, maybe the energy boost will get me through some major and much needed housecleaning.

Let's see, after cardio yesterday AM, I snuck in a shoulder workout last evening in between clients. I don't usually work out at night and was noticeably weaker, which is the same thing all my clients tell me - they're stronger in the AM and weaker after a day of work. Which makes sense, of course!

Have a great day, fellow exercisers!
  • Hi guys! New here, today I did 30 minutes on the arc trainer. According to my heart rate monitor I burned about 240 calories. I also plan to ride my bike during lunch unless it starts to rain!
  • Let's see, on Monday I played DDR with a pal for a few hours, but didn't have my heart rate monitor on so I'm short on the details. I assume it wasn't quite as sweaty as my last 2 hour DDR session since we took turns playing...

On Tuesday I did a combined elliptical + DDR workout, where I went 30 minutes on my elliptical and then jumped off and played DDR on "endless" mode for an additional 30 minutes. This one was probably my best workout yet from an HR and calories burned perspective...

Activity: Elliptical + DDR
    Date: 06/05/05, Duration: 01:06:54
    HR Average/Max 145/180, Kcal: 1392

Wedensday I didn't do any cardio at all. Wel,l none that I'm able to report on anyway as my partner is distinctly uninterested in the cardio statistics for our intimate time. Hehe. My feet were hurting a bit from playing to much DDR, so I gave 'em a break.

Today I played frisbee, because it's really nice and warm here in Seattle today. Frisbee is a lot of fun, and is a great workout. The stats for this workout are slightly different as I wore a different Polar watch which calculates calories burned slightly differently than my other polar watch (grr!) but I digress.

Activity: Frisbee
    Date: 06/09/05, Duration: 01:01:49
    HR Average/Max 150, Kcal: 1025

Playing frisbee has got to be my favorite form of cardio. Running is not fun, but running after a frisbee is!? I can't explain it, it's probably the same reason dogs like to chase balls, cars, and frisbees.

spud
  • Hey Sherpa welcome !! Congrats on your weightloss so far too, 41# is very very good!!

Today exercise time was limited to only one hour I did 30 mins chest/triceps and 25 min run on ... Not a lot but what can ya do , it's better than nothing...
  • Quote: Playing frisbee has got to be my favorite form of cardio. Running is not fun, but running after a frisbee is!? I can't explain it, it's probably the same reason dogs like to chase balls, cars, and frisbees.
    Must be a guy thang ... have you ever played Ultimate Frisbee, as I understand it it's like football except with a frisbee... They don't have a team in my town that I know of yet, but I hear about it being played in Ottawa and bigger cities. My BIL and nephew play it and love it...
  • ran 7 km on the treadmill today
  • Friday:
    Exercise Bike
    30 minutes
    195 calories

And maybe another bike ride at lunch. I managed it yesterday, but today looks like it might actually pour!

eta: I got the bike ride in at lunch, about 25 minutes.

Saturday:
    Swimming lessons w/my 3 year old, lots of housework. 20 minutes on the exercise bike I bought for $8 at a garage sale yesterday.