Movin' And Losin' Part 17

You're on Page 32 of 37
Go to
  • Hope everyone had a fine Thanksgiving. We did--not a lot of people, but everyone together, and the food fine.

Got a call today at 4:27, and it lasted 47 minutes! We have so many terribly long calls with this prescription drug program. Then today after we'd been telling people with Medicare and Medicaid that they should be sure to enroll before the end of the year, we got a message that we don't have the information for them to make a choice of program. What a mess!
  • Hiya all,
    Saturday afternoon here and I am getting ready to go to a friends place for their Christmas dinner with friends. I understand we are barbequing. But what we are barbequing I have no idea. I need to get some wine and some flowers for the hostess. No the wine is for me and since I am driving a bunch of small bottles will do the trick. What I don't drink I bring home.

It's been a warm day, busy mostly as well. House is cleaned (again) - really don't know where all the washing and cleaning comes from. I blame the cat!! Couldn't possibly be me creating all the mess.

Food has been sparse owing to the upcoming, aforementioned barbecue. I can afford to eat a good plateful tonight.
    Water has been a bit sparse, but I am getting through it. I will be taking some with me tonight as well and alternating with the wine.
    Exercise - well I went to Body Balance and have done the abs/ crunches.

So it's been a good day. Not too hot. But the temps are rising.

Hope Patty is celebrating her birthday in style. All you lovely ladies must still be celebrating the holiday weekend. Hope you are all having a good time although it sounds like Cat is at work.

Catch you all tomorrow.
  • Hello ladies,

Thanksgiving dinner was just wonderful. All our family was together. Sister and her dog came over and spent two nights with me. We went shopping yesterday, I was looking for a new Christmas tree. Found one and came home and starting getting Christmas decorations out. The tree is up and the living room is decorated, but the rest of house is a mess.

Shad - You said you were going to a friends to celebrate their Christmas Dinner? Are they celebrating early or is their Christmas earlier than ours?

Cat - sorry you had to work the day after thanksgiving. Going over my dad's information is so confusing. Luckily, my sister and my brother and myself are all willing to help look at it with him, to help sort things out.

Hal - Hope you and Rocky are having a relaxing week.

Mooz & Nita - Hope you all are doing ok. Hope to hear from you.

We'll I'm off, going to run up to craft store and pick up a few more items. Then off to dinner. Thanks for all the birthday wishes.
  • Darn, you'd think I'd know by now that the longer I put off balancing the checkbook, the worse it is. Need to walk dog before it gets darker.
  • RE: Sunday morning!
    Hey Everyone!

It's good to hear everyone enjoyed the Thanksgiving holiday. I had a quiet one here. A two of my brothers and my sister did get together in Indiana and go to a restaurant. That is half of us. The rest of us live a good distance from them. Anyway, Rocky and I had an enjoyable, quiet one. I was super good on the diet - why not! I had a Stoufers turkey dinner, and it had 400 caloires, 6 grams of fiber and it was way good! I feel really victorious days later having consumed just a few calories all holiday weekend. Yes, I have been exercising on my stationary bike. It's all good!

Hey, do you guys notice none of the icons work on the site? No smilies, nothing above for posting? Any ideas?

I'm off to grocery shop and run a few errands on this rainy Sunday!
  • RE: Found out how to correct this... Control + F5 Button...
  • Happy Belated Thanksgiving to All of You,

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. I just had to get over being depressed. I think I have finally done that. I went bowling this morning and bowled five games. I have also been very diligent about going to my Silver Sneaker's exercise classes. Gene and I stayed home and had steak, but we did have sweet potatoes and Sara Lee Pumpkin pie. I did not go to the WW meeting and have decided to just try and maintain during these holidays. I did manage to talk to my daughters on Thanksgiving Day and perhaps next year we can be together. After the new year I am going to try and find someone who will come to our house each day and make Gene his meals and be there while he is showering so that I can possibly take a trip back home for at least a week!

Even though I have not been writing, you ladies are always in my thoughts and I value all of your friendships!

Take care,
    Anita
  • I'll swear I posted yesterday morning giving all the details of the bbq on Saturday night. However, I can't find it. I did have problems with the smilies and buttons on the first day after the upgrade but they fixed themselves by the following day. Suzanne put a note on the forum help to explain one way to solve the problem - it's to do with old cookies and new cookies. Yeah right. But it could have been something like that that swallowed my post.

Saturday's bbq went well. Lots of food. Bit of a fall down on the sweet chili cream cheese dip but I had a small piece of steak, a chicken tenderloin on a skewer (satay style) huge plate full of salad and veges - passed on the dessert and refused the chocolate. The chocolate was a close run thing as I love the Belgian Guylian choc truffles. I took along a piccolo bottle of Lindauer champers which was very dry so there was no difficulty sticking to one glass. I came home around 11pm and watched the footy from Scotland which finished at 3.00am. Woke up yesterday feeling extremely blah and sore in the gut - obviously too much food and too little sleep. Went to the gym and woke myself up, didn't feel like eating until around 3.oopm then ate everything in sight. Luckily I hadn't shopped and keep a boring refrigerator so there wasn't a lot of damage I could do. I worked in the yard until a storm sent me inside and the cat ran under the bed and wouldn't come out. It was a real doosey this one. Lots of rain, thunder, lightning etc. Some damage done north of the city, but none down our way. I gave up trying to do anything thing and went to bed for siesta.

I'm trying to sort out the Christmas dinner for this year. I think it is going to have to be the week before Christmas because of my going to Adelaide for Christmas itself. Therefore I will have to start organising the brothers by this week. The bossy sister effect comes back into being, but if I don't organise something then no one else will.

In my now disappeared post I put in some birthday wishes for Patty. Sorry if you didn't get to see them. I did think of you. Hope you had a very happy day.

Nita - good to see you back and posting. Sometimes this quest to move stubborn weight is enough to get even the most super optimist depressed. I'm glad you came back.

Hal - way to go on the calorie controlled thanksgiving dinner. You rock.
    Better go do something. Hard to believe it is nearly the end of November and weigh and measure is just around the corner AGAIN.

Cat - way to go on balancing the checkbook. A chore and a bore, but must be done.

Better go do some work. See you all later.
  • Hello Ladies,

Can't believe how fast this 4 day weekend went by. The tree is up and the living room and dining room are decorated. Now to put up all the empty boxes and nick nacks that I removed to put up the Christmas decorations. Keeping an eye on Blackie as he looking at Christmas tree as maybe a gift for him. Christmas is going to be at my house this year, so putting up more decorations than I usually do.

Nita - I hope your able to find someone to come and help out with Gene. I'm sorry to hear you've been depressed, but remember we're here for you.

Hal - WTG on exercising and watching what you ate for the holidays. Sorry to hear you weren't able to spend time with you family, but I know that's a long drive to make.

Shad - WTG for skipping the desserts and the chocolate, and for going to the gym. I did get your birthday wishes and thank you.

Cat - I feel your pain. Paying bills is the thing I really don't like to do.

We'll I better get going. Talk to you all tomorrow.
  • Just a quick hello, bringing us back to page 1.
  • Weight and measurements!!!! Yes well.
    For some reason I had this thought that things were getting better - if not weight wise then size wise anyway. However a trip around the tape measure this morning is not good news. Not only am I 1/2k up from my last weigh in and 1kg up from when I got home from Japan, I am up in just about all the measurements as well.

I'm so tired of all this. So fed up with getting up early and exercising, with being diligent with food, with being GOOD. I think I will be BAD for a while.

Day 19 of my challenge on another thread came and went. Same old story. Day 20 - Same as before no doubt. Second verse, same as the first........ and on, and on, and on
    It's okay, I am just feeling sorry for myself. Day 21 will be the end of the challenge. Habit maybe formed but thats about all. No other changes have been made.

Gotta go - do some work, I'm training a co worker in the joys of the OnDemand program today. Sometimes I fail to see how companies can pay so much for a program that while a good idea, delivers so little. See you all later when I get out of my snitchy hissy fit.
  • Mornin chickies ........ I really must get back to posting here nore often. I did not go to WW last week because I felft I had done badly so I decided to miss that week ..... wrong decision. I went last night and I have put on 3.5 pounds! I really must get my eating in control amd move more Christmas is coming so quickly now and I do not want to be putting on weight this year like all other years. Maybe with your support I can do this.

Have a nice day all.

• Morning all,

Mooz - good to hear from you. Sorry to hear that you have put some of that good loss back on. Stay in touch now do y'hear?

It's been very quiet around here. Our lovely ladies are all obviously very busy with work, home, school and family.

Okay - well we have had a night of heavy rain and thunder storms. On Tuesday we had heavy rain and some places got such a dose of hail that roofs, pergolas, and carports collapsed under the weight. It looked like a mid winter scene in Canada. Around 7000 homes were affected in one way or the other and 1000 are damaged enough to be unliveable. People are without power because the weight of the ice and water in the ceilings is collapsing the ceiling and pouring out through the light fittings.
    I might add, that a lot of the places damaged have been newly built in an area where there were protests about the developers. It all used to be forest which was bulldozed willy nilly and houses put in to fill just about every square inch of the ravaged soil. Such is greed. Up round my way which is by every piece of information I have ever read, situated in a storm belt, there is no damage at all. We live under the convenant that for every 5 acres developed, there must be one acre of parkland or the existing forest must stay. Therefore we always had large trees around the place. I think that has helped. Not to say it can't happen. Anyway, it made for an interesting night last night. Haven't seen rain like that for ages.

Gotta go. Strike a blow for the workforce. See you
  • Hello Ladies,

Mooz - Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your weight gain. But you know that will happen, the thing is to just get back on track.

Shad - I'm so glad that you did not get any damage to your home or vehicle. That hail can really do some damage. I know you've been talking about a water shortage, but yikes. Even though this did some damage to some, hopefully it helped out were needed. Sorry to hear about your weight gain. I know it's frustrating to go to the gym and watch what you eat and for what? a gain! We'll I guess we need to keep the bigger picture in mind, you've helped your blood pressure and your cholestrol and all the other good things that exercise does for a body.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • Mornin chickies ....... had a good eating day yesterday and I did 15000 steps ....... thought I could manage 20000 but it did not happen!
    Sending you a link to an article on The Richard & Judy Show which may or may not be of interest to you ........ Drop a Dress Size for Christmas. Hopefully this link will take you to the diet and explain it all
    HAve a good day all

http://www.channel4.com/entertainmen...drop_final.pdf