Spinach Artichoke Dip... Found at Costco

• Ok - so it's a Spinach and Artichoke "Heat and Eat" dip. It's made by Gardens of Altantis.

2 grams Fat
    3 Grams Carb
    1 gram Fiber
    0 grams Sugar
    2 grams Protein

Ingred: Spinach, Artichoke, Romano, Asiago, Parmesan, Cream Cheese, Butter, Cream, Corn Syrup Solids, Food Starch, etc... and a bunch of perservative stuff.

I know that latter ingredients aren't great... but they really aren't that much in the total product, right? Serving size is 2 Tablespoons. They suggest mixing with eggs, so I made a quiche, well frittata? since there is no crust. Topped it with some Swiss, and it's good!
  • Um.....
    Quote:
    Romano, Asiago, Parmesan, Cream Cheese, Butter, Cream, Corn Syrup Solids, Food Starch
    . The cheese should be low fat and the other ingredients are not allowed. Sorry! Best save it for an occasional treat only in Phase II.

Remember, it's not the nutritional breakdown we need to check but the ingredient list!
  • Yes... but I can't help but think they are in VERY small amounts, othewise the carbs and fat would be much higher. Anchor said she called on her pudding and the dextrose was 1/10 of a gram. It is probably the same for this. These other items are also in lunch meat, SF pudding etc.

I had 1 Tablespoon... 20 calories. Made my eggs great and gave me veggies.

Guess I will just not ask if I plan on eating it anyway!