Pineapple

• I'v always been so delighted that something so yummy as pineapple was only 1pt per cup. But then yesterday i read somewhere that it was 2pts per cup. does anyone know which it really is? I dont want to be eating the wrong points value.
    Thanks so much
    Nancy
  • Ummmm.....I had some pineapple tidbits recently and I think it was 1/2 cup for 2 PTS! That is what I counted them as atleast.....
  • Some canned pineapple is packed in a light syrup which increases the calories, though the calorie counts always include the fruit and the liquid. Pineapple it it's own juice still has more calories than fresh cut pineapple or pineapple packed in water.

1 cup pineapple in light syrup is 131 calories, 2 g fiber, 0 fat (2 pt)
    1 cup pineapple in juice has 120 cal, 2 g fiber, 0 fat (2 pt) - though the amount varies by brand so you'll want to check the label

1 cup fresh cut pineapple is 76 calories, 2 g fiber, 0 fat (1 pt)
  • it depends
    I checked my complete food guide. It says that fresh pineapple is 1pt per cup, but canned, unsweetened is 2 pts per cup. so it depends on which you're eating.
  • Thanks guys! Yeah i was eating fresh pineapple one of my ultimate favorite snacks . so thank you for checking on that, im glad its still only one point!
    Nancy
  • I get Dole and it is 1 point per 1/2 cup but I too prefer fresh over canned/jarred.