Good Whole Wheat Pasta

• I am looking for a good whole wheat pasta that tastes good and has low points?
  • The most you will see is 3 points per cup for pasta. Personally all whole wheat pasta tastes like dirt to me but I have heard that most like Hodgkins (I think that is the name) and it is avail at Wal-mart.
  • I buy the Hodgson Mills whole wheat pasta and really like it; both of my boys like it too and they're 14/20. The new Barilla Plus pasta is good too.
  • You really need to read the labels thought some are only Whole Wheat Flour and some are Whole Grain (which will be lower in points). Whole Wheat Flour is no better than white flour.
  • I tried the Ronzoni Whole Wheat Blend pasta. Very tasty. However, you will have to use your points for it I think, if you are on the Core plan. Worth it though if you don't eat a whole cup.
  • I love Ronzoni (used to be Creamette)whole wheat Rotini. I've used it for over a year and found that I like it better than regular. It doesn't seem as starchy to me. My only complaint is the occasional piece that doesn't cook thoroughly and crunches

Christy
    going to my first meeting tonight
  • I get daily messages from a site called "Hungry Girl" and she advocates some new tofu pasta that apparently has 0 points perserving (Tofu Shirataki):

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chew...s.php?isid=467

I have not looked for it yet, but you can probably try Whole Foods. I will probably try there this weekend.
  • While I was on a quest for tri-color whole wheat pasta (Haven't found any) I did find some whole wheat with flax seed spirals at my local health food store. It's really tasty!! And it is a whole grain. I've come into this whole pasta salad thing lately (probably from all the graduation parties I've been to) and this stuff really stands up. It's made by Hodgson Mills. I can't wait to try it when I make sauce.

Lisa V EMT B-IV
  • The only whole wheat pasta I have ever liked is the Bionaturae brand. It tastes the most like "regular" pasta, IMO.
  • barilla plus rocks!