I got a new smile! (pictures too!)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So along with being mega busy with wedding plans, and softball, and being sick, I got my teeth fixed. I had my front teeth smashed in when I was 12, and got horrible yellow veneers that i have always hated. So I have always hated smiling with my mouth open because I felt like everyone was staring at my big ugly chiclet teeth.

So....I had the veneers replaced with crowns and thought i'd show you all the before and afters.

On the first visit, I was nicely high on valium and it went well when they did the crown preps. Today however, I had to leave work to go, and obviously had to be straight lol. So I get there, and all is fine until the hygenist takes the temp crowns off and the air hits my teeth and it hurt, and I started crying as I was holding my hand over my mouth (more out of my fear of dentists than of actual pain). So the dentist had to calm me down, and he froze my mouth - which I am so glad that he did, because I wouldn't have made it through the appt anyhow without it lol. So, for the pictures:

A closeup before and after:

A full face shot before and after (notice how yellow my veneers were in the first picture - they were always like that and I hated how big and square they were)

For the first time in my life, I am smiling and feeling good about it. It's such an amazing feeling, I'm so happy.
  • What a beautiful smile ....
  • "For the first time in my life, I am smiling and feeling good about it. It's such an amazing feeling, I'm so happy."

And so you should be...you (and your new teeth) look fantastic! I'll be expecting to see lots of those lovely smiles when you post your wedding pics!
  • Awww, look at you! They did good work, and your smile looks better than ever!
  • Beeeeautiful! You smile with your WHOLE face now. Smiles are so much more beautiful with confidence. What a beautiful smile, Raelynn. Congratulations!
  • You look so amazing!!! Cngratulations!
  • Beautiful! Now your teeth match your face. What a nice feeling that must be.

Catherine EDD#11 June 24th
    mabear's homepage
    Restarted Jan 17 '05 at 243. Trying to maintain while pregnant.
  • Your new smile is lovely ~ I am happy for you.
  • Wow chica! What an amazing difference - in looks and attitude! You look MAaaauvelous, dahling!
  • Thanks
  • You look amazing; what a beautiful smile! Details on the wedding plans, young lady. And how's your daughter?
  • Looking great. thanks for sharing
  • You look great. That has to be a good feeling.
  • They look great!!! How cool!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
  • Wedding plans are coming along, less than 6 weeks until the Big Day! I'm very excited. I get my dress alteration measurements etc on June 4, I was dreading that, because i was trying to lose weight etc and I kept having nightmares my dress wasnt going to fit. Everything else is pretty much done, just get to enjoy the next month and hopefully my nerves dont catch up to me. Jordanna is very excited too, she has her flowergirl dress now. She starts Kindergarten in September, that is so sad for me! lol