Floozies MAY Walking/Exercise

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Gayle-You are doing great!
    Thursday
    3/110/120
  • Thanks Shelley!!!!

5/27: 1 hour walking
  • Gayle-I am so proud of you!! You need to give yourself a big hug from me!!
  • Saturday
    8/118
  • Hug received Shelley...although the family thought it looked kinda weird hugging myself! LOL!

When you run, do you enjoy it without any of your body parts hurting? I'm just wondering if I continue, at what point walking will become fun to me instead of a chore.

5/28: 30 minute walking
  • Gayle-Running is my stress release. I put on my headphones and just go. If something starts hurting, I either try to overcome it, or go back home and consider it a day that wasn't meant to be a running day. If your walking is a chore to you, maybe you should consider a different form of exercise. You should enjoy what you are doing, or you won't continue with it. My whole reason for running started out for weight control, but now it is my mental control also!
  • Sunday, May 29
    10/128 Yippee!! I'm over goal, and I still have 2 more days to run.
  • AWESOME SHELLEY! Congrats on reaching goal!!!!!

5/29: walking 30 minutes

I think walking will continue to be ok for me, I honestly think I just need to condition myself. I just wondered if you were able to automatically begin running or if it was something you needed to condition your body too and overcome the aches & pains. I know I NEED to continue some form of exercise and walking will be the one I am more inclined to stick with.
  • Shelley, today when you ran 10 miles... how long does it take you?????
  • Gayle- It usually takes me close to 2 hrs. to run 10 miles. I am very slow, and most people can run 10 in 1 1/2 hr. The farther I go, the longer it takes me because after about 8 miles, I start to need walking breaks. As far as the pain goes-yesterday I had a hard time. I was hoping for 12, but barely made 10. Some days are just bad runs. Also, I didn't eat anything before I ran. It has gotten very hot here and I need to get acclimated all over again to the heat. I'm going for 5 today. If it feels good, I'll keep going though.
  • Memorial Day
    Ended up going 9 to makeup for missed miles yesterday.
    9/137
  • Shelley, you amaze me!

5/30: 30 minutes

5/31: 1 hour
  • 44/152

A good month for exercise for me.

Way to go Shelley you did great mileage this month.

Gayle one thing that helps my sore feet are socks that you get at a sports store. They are a double lined sock. One of the linings wicks away moisture from your feet preventing blisters. They work wonders for me. It is good to see you posting with us.
  • Dee-I agree on the socks. I also wear sport socks. I try to wear the type with CoolMax in them.

My June goal will be 120.

June 1
    4.5/4.5/120