22 y/o looking to lose ~30 pounds...

You're on Page 7 of 14
Go to
  • what is oxycise never heard of it, Well for starters try couting calories and try get a jump start at breakfast and aleast eat 3 time a day but watcch you cal's the on your day's off try to work out if you eat more often in little portions that should help i feel it works for me.
  • WElcome to all the new girls!....
    Let me introduce myelf. I am 200, and 5'3", 27 years old, not married, no kids. I have been just trying to count my claories and exercise. Doesnt always work since my butt is still TTTHHHIIIISSSSS BBBBIIIIIIGGGGGG. I am addicted to buying work out tapes and pills, but dont worry, I never have taken them long enough to work

I have been put on orders by my dr to loose weight. I get distracted and bored easily so when I use the treadmill I must also listen to music and watch TV. I also love aerobics (Billy Blanks, Richard, and Jazzercise) I cant do yoga or palites, I get bored easily. My biggest weekness is cookies. Today I did real well till lunch time. I work at a banquet facility so there is ALWAYS lunch and ALWAYS cookies and other goodies laying around. I have a little self control problem.

So from the looks of the rest of the girls, we all seem to be in the same boat. I was very excited to find this website and realise that I am not the only one with these problems.

My goal is to loose 10 more pounds by my next weight in at the Dr's on June 20. I am a little behind, so I must start cutting out all the goodies.

I have had several friends who were aneroxic as teens, and once they gained weight, it has been VERY hard for them to take it back off. My suggestion is to start slow and not aim to low. For girls our height we should weigh anywhere between 145 and 100. I am personally aiming for the 140 mark!

Good Luck ladies! I am looking forward to future posts!

yahoo: marshsmm
    MSN: [email protected]
  • Quote: what is oxycise never heard of it
    It's a program with lots of deep breathing, stretching, and muscle toning (clenching & unclenching)--a lady on a Christian message board I belong to recommended it. It's fairly inexpensive, and in all the review I read even the people who didn't lose a lot of weight said it gave them more energy, less stress, and just overall helped them feel better--just that sounds great to me!!
  • Quote: I have had several friends who were aneroxic as teens, and once they gained weight, it has been VERY hard for them to take it back off.
    I've heard this from quite a few people--if only I had known!
  • we're getting pretty big here. It's nice to see so many of us here

I'll introduce myself to all the new girls
    I'm T1iffany (Tiffany if you couldn't figure it out lol) 23 going 24 5'2" 167 married going on 5 years and mother of 2 1 boy and 1 girl. I like to exercise most of the time It's my alone time and I just let my mind go blank it's nice I never had a problem with my weight until I had my 1 st kid and I haven't been skinny since I got down to 145 before I got pregnant with my 2nd and just can't seem to give up my sugar long enough to make a difference in my weight DAMN Coldstone creamery (it's of the devil) BUt I'm trying. I used to be in the military and loved it, but my hubby is military too and we didn't want to put our kids through that so I had the option to get out when I was preg. the 1st time so I got out. Now I just stay at home with the kids and eat too much. Well GOOD LUCK everyone I gotta go do some yard work Have a good day
  • Welcome!
    WOW ! Welcome to all of you newbies!!
    I am a SAHM of 1- 2 year old, and I love to play all sports, but dont get out to play enough...and eat too much sugar!!-I have slowly gained 15 lbs on top of the 30 i gained with my son, so now I am on a mission to get to a healthy weight before the next baby.. so ive been doing a Christian Program called First Place for a few months now, and then just read the Body For Life book last week, and I am now on day 7! it is pretty challenging, i was really sore the first 5 days! I really enjoy this site, and am glad to have buddies to relate & vent to, and to encourage/be encouraged by...it really is hard to do it alone!

I have been lately between moving to a new place, selling the old place, and buying 240 acres of (unserviced-no power/water) farm land to move onto next year! ( and my ds stopped sleeping through the night 2 weeks ago!! plus since quitting my job 3 weeks ago its kinda hard to adjust..)

Way to go to all you ladies who have lost weight/trimmed up/kept up on your workouts- and to those who didnt-keep trying! You can do it!!
    I hope to get the net at my new place soon - for now I use my friends so I dont get here too often-explains my book length post!
    If any of you need a buddy...my emails etc are in my profile...You can never have enough friends!!
    Have a great day!!
    Karla
  • Newbie in the same boat =)
    Hi! I'm also a 22 y/o looking to lose about 20-30 pounds. I'm in the same boat with the whole "gaining weight after finding Mr. Right". My sweet & loving significant other feels that I am perfectly fine & gorgous at my current weight, but I don't like the fact that I have gone up 2 sizes in my pants!

I joined Curves back in Feb 2005, but I have only lost 2 pounds in the past 3 months...It's a tad discouraging, but I also know that I probably wasn't eating as healthy as I should have been...So, starting this past week I have been keeping track of my food intake, including calories & I have been pushing myself to stick with a weekly exercising schedule.
    Is anyone here, also a member of Curves?

~Helen~

• My best friend did curves and lost like 50 pounds! She saw a difference in the way her clothes fit first, then the pounds started coming off a few months after she started. She did this to loose weight for a friends wedding. Well after the wedding she stoped going and gained all her weight back!!!! Now she is going back to curves in hopes of being thin again for her wedding in November.

Exercise works, but we must all make a commitment to our bodies to make a life style change, and not give up after we loose the weight, or else it will all come back!
  • Hey every body WELCOME to who is new to this it was a bleesing to me to find this site. My real name is Aurora The nost i have been is 250lbs that was in 2002 and whwn i graduate it 99 i was only 160 and my freasman year 120lbs so you can see where i been but 2002 i lost 30lbs and i finally got pg i found out i was having twins in dec 2002 in jan 2003 i found out i was having twin boys Peter & Yosiel the are my Angels the wher premature i lost the on feb 22, 2003 then i went in a graet depression i was lactating for six month which made it worst then i ot closer to God and i ask him to please help me he did the next morning i didn't have any more milk and then i found out i was pg with my little girl she was born a healthy 8lbs 1oz may 15,2004 she is a uear old now and you know the funny part is that my older sister had a little boy 12hrs before me on may 14, 2005. so when i babysit him and Daisy it like i have my twin boys with me so i still had that experiance too. but now i am 214 need to be at 160 per dr's order so let get healthy together .
  • I am 20 and only need to lose about 10lbs but those 10 lbs are really bothering me! What programs are you guys using?
  • Count your calories and exercise. How much do you weigh now?
    That weight will determine how much you eat:
    141 - 170 = 1200 calories
    100 - 141 = 1100 calories

The less you weigh, the less you eat, cause the less mass youe body has to maintain.
  • Jumping on the bandwagon
    Hey all,

Welcome to all the newbies. I'm Christine, trying to become less fat, if not skinny. Having a good time at it too, i actually enjoy exercise now. I've actually decided on a new challenge after reading a couple of folks' posts. I checked on that couch to 5k plan and I've decided to jump on the bandwagon and give it a try. I have never been a runner in my life, so this will definitely be a first to me. I've actually been jogging a little on my walks and discovered that i've lost enough weight so that i don't have as much flesh jumping and jiggling when i run as i once did. That jumping and jiggling was one of the reasons i avoided running, it was just uncomfortable. Well that's enough of me for now, good luck to you all and have a good memorial day weekend.
  • JUst got back from day 3 week 1 of couch to 5k. I even jogged more than I was supposed to yeah for me. Well gotta go more yard work to do I hope you all have a wonderful day.
  • Hey everyone
    I worked out last night with my trainer doing cardio and upper body( my weakest part) but I amde a promise I would not whine about and I kept it so yay me!
    Anyway I have just a few session left with him and then I am out on my own so hopefully I will stay motivated. This place will surely help!
  • Im a newbie also!! with one 8 month old daughter. And now I need to lose my weight from hte prgancy. Plus after finding "mr right" I have been so comfortable in my relationship that I just stopped excercisng, not to mention he eats a bunch a crap and does not gain a single pound!! drives me crazy..Because I just watch him and think.. you lil **** j/k Just saying hello and EVERYONe have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!