*NEWBIE* Looking to Re-Lose/Needs a buddy

• Hello
    My name is Katie. I am 22 and have been battling with my weight pretty much since my ex-fiance and I split in December 2003. I was at my all time heaviest at 225 on my 5'8" frame. Though I did manage to lose 45lbs on my own with eating better and working at a hospital as a housekeeper, VERY PHYICAL JOB....I was SOOOO proud of myself! Now within the last 4 months I have managed to pack on 24lbs of the 45lbs I had lost.
    I am not currently working and do not get the phyical activity that I used to. I am in a 'comfortable' relationship and seem to have 'let go'.
    I tried the Atikins Diet in late Feb and only lasted a few weeks and lost 8lbs. I was thinking about going on that diet again. I have also done the 6Week Body Make Over(didn't really follow to a T though) I did good on that when I was working at the hospital.
    I am pretty much looking for a buddy that will help motivate me. Someone I can share a similar diet plan with. I SOOOO want to be 150lbs before the year is over...that's only 53lbs to lose in the next 8 months!!
    So is there anyone interested in buddying up with me??
  • Welcome to the boards. I'm pretty new myself. These boards are a lot of help! I love reading all the posts and I'm sure you will too.
    If you ever need help or advice let me know. I know most diets in and out since I've tried them all. My problem is just sticking to one. I've been exercising a lot (for me) and been trying to stay to 1200 calories a day (which doesn't always happen). Somehow I've managed to get rid of 70 lbs, but that's over the past 3 years or so. I do really good and then quit, it's a viscious cycle. I have been lucky to keep off what I do lose in between though which is key. I have about 40 lbs more to go and want it off now!
    What kind of things are you eating now? Do you plan on exercising?
    I've lived in Denver 3 years now, but before that lived across the bridge from you in Vancouver my whole life. I'll actually be visiting back there in June.
  • Hi! Welcome to the boards! Good luck on your weight loss! Try to pick the weight loss plan that is best for you and fits into your lifestyle and STICK WITH IT! Small changes will make the weight loss last. Excercise and diet, along with water are vital! You can do it!

AmberM
  • Hi Katie! you can email me anytime at [email protected]
  • Hello and Welcome!!

Good Luck with your weight loss you can do it!!
  • Thank you ladies for the welcome. I'm pretty excited to get this weight lose thing going.

flxthct107~I was actually born in Vancouver! I grew up in the gorge, The Dalles and then my family moved down to Corvallis for 6 years and then 2 years after HS I spent 1 1/2 years in SoCal, just outside of L.A. and now I'm back here. Been living in Gresham for 7 months and love it!
    Congrats on your weight lose over the last 3 years! That is a big accomplishment! I think I may be going back to Atkins but not sure, I don't think I have what it takes to count calories. But I am going to start working out and start toning my body with what I got in my 6Week BodyMakeOver Kit. We both want that 40lbs gone and it's gonna happen!!! WOOHOOO As far has what I am eating now it's all that great....I'm eating probably twice a day not getting all my veggies and good stuff and I know i need and I KNOW I need to be drinking ALOT more water. I keep stalling with this weight lose thing BUT I will be starting full force Saturday May 1st!

Shawla~Good to hear from you. I added you into my email address book. Here's my addy [email protected] also if your on yahoo messenger you can reach me at partygirl418.
  • got you added, will send a message soon.