A Fantabulous Birthday

• well, huff, puff, not that anyone here NOTICED, but yesterday was my birthday. i feel like mollly ringwald here, didnt anyone know???

it was great!! i'm 24 now.

if you dont want to hear about my wonderful dinner, move away from the computer now....

we (bf and i) went a wonderful upscale caribbean type joint. we had mojitos (rum, ginger ale and some other stuff) and our pre-appetizer appetizer (lol) was this big raw bar sampler, which included lobster, shrimp, clams and oysters with three kinds of sauces. mmmm. then we had 2 appetizers (we went all out, OK??)... duck confit empanada with foi gras on top and cuban style pork spring rolls... yum yum. bf had steak for his entree and i had tuna in a black bean sauce. fabulous! then for my birthday dessert we split kahlua mousse over a brownie with vanilla gelato and espresso soaked dates. i love great restaurants where you can try fun things! yay!

bf got me a digital camera and printer, and a new full length mirror to admire myself in. prepare yourself to be dazzled with photos of me!

so now, with less than two weeks before i go vacation, i am super OP and an exercise machine!

thanks for "listening" to my rambling
  • Happy birthday Megan! Wow, that dinner sounds great. It's nice to have an indulgence on special occasions!
  • Happy Birthday Megan! That dinner sounds fabulous! And what nice presents from your BF!
  • I knew, I just wasn't talking so I could be super-mean!

NOT! Sorry we missed that - how rude are we? Well, anyways, happy slightly belated birthday! 24! Sounds so OLD!!! :P
  • Happy bday, Megan! Well, you don't have to be a Huffy McHufferson about it, LoL! It sounds like you had an awesome birthday & and very sweet, supportive (and proud) bf. Congrats on being so close to your weight goal too! It'll be no time now.
  • Happy (belated) birthday to you,
    Happy (belated) birthday to you,
    Happy (belated) birthday dear Megan
    Happy (belated) birthday toooo Yoooooouu!

ps

You live in a zoo
    You smell like teen spirit
    and you look fabulous darling!!!!!!!

I'm glad you had a wonderful dinner, and sounds like a wonderful boyfriend to! Best wishes for you this year!!!!
  • Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful time
  • Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like it was a great one!
  • Happy belated b-day- Im glad it was a good one!

(p.s. my mouth is watering hearing about your bday dinner- sounds so yummy!)
  • aww shucks guys

thanks for the birthday wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    my camera should be arriving today. yes, bf is a wonderful guy. THAT BEING SAID, he has his "quirks" such as this conversation

me: does the camera come with a case because i'll need a case when we take it on vacation
    him: take is on vacation??? you are going to take it on vacation???
    me: ummm... yes, of course. i want to take pictures
    him: but it could break.. or get stolen... you should take a cheaper camera
    me: what is the point of having a camera if you dont bring it places where you want to take pictures???? where am i supposed to take pictures?
    him: i dont know... around the house?

he always does this... he doesnt trust me with electronic equipment. and i have had the same cell phone for the whole time we have been going out (2 years - yes i need an upgrade but its a nice one) and he has lost his twice (TWICE!) in that time.