I think this is where I need to be. Hi, I'm Kel!

• Hi everyone. I have come to 3fatchicks website many times over the years but I had never been to the forums until last night. I introduced myself upstairs somewhere but I wanted to come in here too because I think this is where I need to be.

I'm a 41 year old, short, round stay-at-home-mom who just this morning hit the 300 mark on the scales. It's taken me a long while to get motivated enough to get back on the weight loss train but I'm ready to try again. Ideally, I would like to lose 150 pounds, half of my body weight. I want to be healthier, stronger, have more energy and I want to do all I can to live a longer life since I have a young child at home. The time has come for me to make some changes and I am hoping I can meet some people here who are going thru the same thing, people who are finding success and who will share tips, recipes and support.

I already know that I can not do this alone and, really, I'm not alone because my husband is going to be doing this with me. He's overweight too but not as much as me; however, he has Type II diabetes. We are doing the G.I. Diet because a friend of mine had great success on the diet and it looks like something I can live with. Time will tell I suppose.

I guess I need people around who can remind me that losing 150 pounds is actually possible. I see these people on shows like Oprah who have done it and I'm blown away but I'm always left with ''but is it really possible? could I do it?'' This is where I need encouragement.

I wasn't really sure where to get started here so I figured I'd just introduce myself and go from there.

Here's to hoping that we all are successful and reach our goals!!

Thanks,
    Kel
  • Hello and Welcome!! I have about the same amount of weight to lose! I also think is it really possible!! Good Luck with your weight loss!!
  • Hi Kel, welcome to the board ! It looks like there is a lot of support and words of encouragement to be had here. We are all on a similar journey and it is great to make friends along the way. Like you I know I can't make this long trip alone, so will be here looking for and providing any support that I can. Good luck with your weight loss!!
  • Welcome, ladies! Head on over to the highest numbered thread and introduce yourself so all the other gals can meet you.
  • I want to welcome everyone to the 300+ group.
    YES... it is possible to lose your excess weight and live a fuller , happier life again.
    This is not to say we don't have a full life now... nor that we are not happy... but I think we all can agree.... we will be happier and healthier with 150 less pounds to carry around.
  • Just wanted to welcome you to the group...I joined back in January...and I adore the ladies here...they know exactly what we go through from day to day...and we're all just a post away = )