1985 was the year...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • 1985 was the year….

• Gorbatchev became leader of Soviet Union
    • Song “we are the world” hit the charts
    • Movie “back to the future” was playing in every movie theatre
    • I was stupid enough to believe that police investigators were all driving Ferrari’s like in Miami vice.
    • Madonna’s debut video “like a virgin” had many teenage boys fantasize…

In 1985, I was 15 years old and barely able to fit in my size 38 jeans…..Yesterday, I bought a new pair of 38 and they fit perfect…..Even if the scale isn’t going down that fast these days, at least, there is some satisfaction around the waist….
  • That is so awesome! Great job! Keep 'off' the good work!!!
  • I agree with Sara...that is awesome!!! That had to be a great feeling
  • Great job I love the feeling of being able to fit in new clothes. Was that really 1985. I feel so old now. I can't believe that was 20 years ago.
  • H Man:

Wooo Hooo!! That is so great. You go Howie.
  • You rock ! That is waaaaaay too cool.
  • Thanks Donna but Frenchiepolarbear is the one who gets the kudos. How much do you weigh now Fenchie. Just courious so I can gauge when I might be able to get there.
  • @Howie. As i mentionned earlier, scale is going down much slower than before, no matter how hard I train or how careful I eat….I think I’ve hit the point you once reffered to as “virgin fat”…

However, waist is going down I guess this is also due to muscle mass taking more space.….i am now at 257.
  • WTG Frenchie that is awesome. You are doing so well and such an inspiration. I bet if more men read about your success you, howie and slimmings won't be the 3 lone amigos on here anymore
  • was the year I got married!

WTG Frenchie!

My waist isn't going down even tho I lost a few lbs guess some time in June I'll have a big drop

Catherine EDD#11 June 24th
    hw/sw(pg)/cw/gw
    272/258/238/155
    mabear's homepage
  • I am hoping I at least end up in 38s at my goal. I just don't know. Maybe even 36 Just not sure with all the extra skin. Sure would be nice to be in 38s though.
  • In 1985 I was 2!

haha, anyway I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to wear the jean size I wore when I was 15 (back in 1998 I think I was a size 18/20. I've always been a big girl but it would be nice to fit in those again!
  • .... was 3 years before I was born!

CONGRATULATIONS! That is so cool for you! (And very creative may I add...)
  • Wow, Frenchie - congrats on the 38's! Apryl, you make me feel old...I graduated high school in 1985.
  • That was my reaction, Kimberley, I graduated HS in 1982,

Congrats on the 38s, that must feel fantastic! great achiement.