Around the World again with the friendly Chicks # 6

You're on Page 7 of 28
Go to
  • Raining!!! Just started. A nice ground drenching steady rain. Farmers will be happy. They started to manually water wheat yesterday and they planted corn on Sunday.
    My flower beds need it. The ground was too hard to dig weeds out.I went to the church board meeting last night. Interesting.
    I couldn't decide what to do with my planless day yesterday so I did an hour of painting(stairwell-yellow), placed 4 patio stones,raked for an hour and then took care of the kids in between. It was enjoyable.( Not exactly relaxed Girlie, LOL)
    Errands today.
    DH is home so far today-waiting out the rain.
    Dance photos tonight at 5:15 then drop kids at home and then I am presenting my handbook to the home and school.
    I came back to read last night but once I sat down I was too tired to type. I am thinking of you all and am enjoying your springy posts!!!!

Off to run the errand loop. Hope the little guys sleep!!! ( first I have to change poopy diaper) LOL!!! Get ready Linus!!!
  • Thank you all for the wonderful welcome

I.am.so.sore.today. For the past two nights I've been doing a 3k walk at around 9pm. It takes me half an hour (which floors me, I thought it would be longer), then I come home,drink some water, and get in bed and talk to the boyfriend over Audio chat.

And, as I'm finding it very hard to wake up, I think I won't fight it any longer and crawl back into bed. *yyyyyawn*
  • Sara - geez you are getting up some speed there. 6KPH is very good and must be doing the power of good for you. Well done.

Holly hope the presentation of the book went okay and DH is not whingeing and grumping about the weather or the job! Get him to change the poopy nappies! He'll be out of the house long before you've noticed he has gone!!!

Feeling much more perky tonight - surprisingly - since I had less sleep last night than the previous two nights, but hey who is complaining. Not me. I might even get some work done around here tonight. I've pulled out the cherry tomato plants and there was a lot of damaged fruit on the vines, so I cut of all the buggy bits and put them in a big bowl added onions and salt and will be making chutney tonight. Not exactly diet friendly food but it's nice with a bit of cold lamb or beef in sandwiches. A bit is not going to make much difference. Bit being the operative word. The house smells of cooking vinegar and tomatoes and onions. Yum yum.
    This weekend will see me pulling out the roma tomatoes as well. There is a few fruit left on them as well. May have to think about pulping them for sauces etc. They will get frozen.

We have a long weekend coming up this weekend. No work Monday - yahoo. Will be able to sort myself out around here for a change.

Oh yes I had a mail from Mel. Here it is. Word for word.
    FORGIVE THE CAPS. MOVING IS STILL A CHORE. DIDN'T TAKE AS MANY PAIN PILLS AS THEY SAID I COULD. THEY MAKE YOU FEEL SO STUPID AND CONSTIPATING. LOL
    MOVING MY ARMS AND TRYING TO HOLD MYSELF UP IS FUN. LOL I FEEL LIKE I NEED TRACTION BUT THEY SAID JUST LIE DOWN. THEY WON CAUSE THEY SENT ME HOME WITHOUT IT. LOL I HOPE TO BE BACK BY THE WEEKEND OR EARLY NEXT WEEK. I ACTUALLY NUKED MY OWN BREAKFAST AND WASHED MY HAIR AND ANSWERED SOME MAIL BUT IT'S TIRING AND HURTING SO I WILL GO BACK TO BED AND SEE ALL YOU GALS IN A FEW DAYS.(SIGH) I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED. I AM SO BORED CAUSE I WAS JUST SICK LAST MONTH. WTF
    ANYWAY, MY SOUTHERN FRIEND TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF LITTLE SISTER AND I WILL BE BACK TO BE A PITA REAL SOON. LOL LOVE, PORANGI.

For those wondering about the Porangi. Mel found this word in the Maori/ English dictionary and it more or less means Madwoman. Actually literally translated it is a derivative of Porangahau - meaning the mad wind. Hau being wind and pronounced somewhere between how and hoe. End of lesson.

Okay, that's about it. Day is almost over and there are things to do, places to go and people to talk to. Catch up soon.
  • Shad~ I roasted my plum tomatoes and then froze them.
    slice in half lengthwise-place in roasting pan-toss in some garlic clove halves and diced sweet onion-toss with enough olive oil to coat-roast uncovered at 300 until the edges start to brown-cool- bag and freeze-YUMMY!!- goos in sauces on meat- by themselves.............
  • Oh Mellie Mellie Mellie! What are we going to do with you? You poor old thing. That was not a nice thing to go and do to yourself, especially as it was not your fault at all, m'dear!!! Are the painkillers helping now? Are you getting enough sleep to start off the healing process? A big [[[[[HUG]]]]] to you although I suspect more of a gentle squeeze is in order It brings back memories of my wheelchair accident last year when in London when I got tipped backwards in my chair and ended up smacking my head on the pavement and gazing up at the evening sky, shouting "GET ME UP!!!" I do feel for you, my friend and I will try and give you a ring over the weekend sometime.

It is such a gorgeous day here in Suffolk. Blue sky and nice and warm, too. It has been this good for a few days now but as usual the weekend is supposed to bring rain

Welcome to "newfiesara"!! I expect you have guessed by now that we are rather a mad lot on this thread. Loving, but mad!!Well done for your evening walks! Awesome!!

Happy, your garden sounds absolutely wonderful!! Try not to exhaust your body too badly with the gardening!! Oh and CONGRATULATIONS!! With the non-smoking!! $2,500 is such an awesome amount to have saved from not relying on the weed!! Enough for a couple of hundred rose trees, I guess!!

Shad, be careful with those treadmil excercises!! Jason is working you very hard!! Mind those knees!!
  • I closed the previous reply off rather quickly as I suddenly had an error report come up which said Microsoft had encountered a problem and was about to close...don't know what all that was about!! Anyway here I am back again!!

And in the meantime Holly has snuck in a post! That recipie sounds delicious, by the way! I think I might just put that one to the test.I always end up with a really boring sauce for putting over pasta and it would be lovely to try a new one.

My neighbour is still very depressed about her situation now she has resigned from her job at the local private hospital. She is still reeling from the last few weeks' events. I will go and see her later and see if she has any further news about it all.

It is good to talk to Linus most nights. Even more exciting to imagine "bump" growing more and more each day. And the time for me ton actually meet her is getting nearer and nearer! Must only be about 9 weeks now!! Better check my passport...I know I am still in the U.K. but if you are doing even only a domestic fight...ooops flight, I mean!!! they will not let you on the plane if you have no I.D. with you.

Ok thats is all from me for now...and I mean it, this time! Take good care, all of you and start winding down for the weekend...and for those of you lucky enough to have Monday off as well, make the most of it!!

Bye bye! Love from Teel
  • just a wee quick post ,as im knackered my little sister is 8 weeks pregnant !!!! yes the one that had a depression fit when i fell so kinda glad shell be due in december ish hope everyones well
    kirsty+bump
  • Hi everyone. Quickie post for me as tomorrow I am flying home to pick up my mom and bring her back for a week's visit. I'm so excited - PIZZA Ok, I will try and control myself. And I'm really even more excited to see my Mom and Sister... and my very talented nephew. There is an old head bangers song from the 70's by Deep Purple called "Smoke on the water". Well you ain't heard that song until you've heard it played on the TUBA. He also played Kumbahyah but Smoke on the water had me on the floor. Perhaps I will bring hubbie's harmonica and we can do a duet. Anyway, this will be the first totally fun weekend in many, many months and I am really looking forward to it - except that it's 84 here and it's 45 in Chicago. Brrrrrrrr. Where did I hide my snuggies????

Anyway there's a ton of things to do tonight and this is traditional couch potato TV night for me so I will be multitasking big time.

Linus, that's great that little bump will have a cousin about the very same age to share things with and be a good playmate! Teel, good to see you posting again. Don't worry about the Microsoft error report - it happens every once in a while - just proves that Microsoft has not worked out all the kinks in their programs. Holly, thank you for the recipe - I will try that myself as it sounds very yummy. Shad, thanks for the update on Mel, I must try and find my greeting cards so I can send a note off to her. Maybe I'll scratch out birthday and substitute "get well soon" I'm sure she wouldn't mind. I'm jealous that you have a 3 day weekend.

COULD IT BE THAT YOUR BIRTHDAY ON MONDAY IS FINALLY A NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED HOLIDAY?

Just in case I don't get back here in time - Happy early birthday Shad! May you have the most wonderful day!!!!

Ok, I really have to run and get busy now... hugs to the rest of you I didn't get to and I hope you all have a good weekend. I'll be back on Monday night - hopefully.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Happy ~ Your mom has the right temperature direction for a visit, as I'm sure you know! It doesn't take long for the blood to become accustomed to the warmer southern temps.

linus ~ Hurray for Bump-er cousins! Your Night Out sounded like fun - and you deserve some time off for good behavior.

teel ~ We do expect a full Bump report, you know. How exciting - only nine weeks left. I need a green emoticon for envy.

holly ~ your recipe had me drooling. I admire your willpower if you roast those 'maters then freeze them without eating the lot!

shad ~ I really miss my vegetable garden. Slim would plant the garden for me and then the kids would pick tomatoes and peppers and I'd can salsa and tomatoes while we dined on fresh tomato and mayonnaise (FF, of course) sandwiches. Nothing tastes or smells like a real garden tomato.

Newfie Sara ~ Congratulations on your dedication to walking!

SMelly ~ Gentle healing hugs for you, Dear One. Get well soon! I'll have to send you Slim's old motorcycle helmet so we won't have to worry about you when you go out.

Meadow ~ I absolutely LOVE DO Exercise. It motivates me every time I see it!

Tomorrow Slim is going to meet our oldest son "half way" so the dearest darling Grandsons, also called 'Thugs' by their father, can come visit us for the weekend while their parents paint. Now I feel like I should put paint in quotes. We'll go out for pizza Friday night then the four of us are going to the Flamingo Run 5K on Saturday. Slim has been working on their fort - he put in steps to take the place of the ladder.

Slim took his motorcycle class and test this week, so he wants me to get up at Oh Dark Thirty to go with him to breakfast so he'll be first in line at the Department of Motor Vehicles. He wants to exchange his Temporary motorcycle license for a PERMANENT REALLY TRULY motorcycle license. The motorcycle blessing on Monday was a hit. Everybody had a great time. Our 6'6" next door neighbor, who owns two Harleys, looked in the cooler and said to me "You don't drink beer, do you?" Guess I had a miss on the Biker Beer. Although when I sat down to the table with cole slaw ON my BBQ pork, he decided I was ALL RIGHT after all and stayed to eat. Of course, everybody else was grossed out. I thought EVERYBODY put cole slaw on BBQ pork. Just like vinegar on turnips greens.

Speaking of the darlings or maybe unique tastes, I need to get Slim busy on some HoneyDew projects before tomorrow. No, none of them require riding a motorcycle up and down the road looking cool...
  • Great post Tig. Nice to hear your news. Hope you are having fun with the thugs. When you roast a bushel of tomatoes they lose their charm.
    I hvaen't been here much to read. I missed that Shad has a long weekend and a BIRTHDAY!!! coming. Enjoy dear friend.
    Healing vibes to Miss Mel.
    Teel~you sound well.
    Happy~ hope you are haivng a blast!!!
    Linus~ give that tummy a rub!!
    Rose~ how are you????
    Meadow~ how is spring in BC these days? Should I ask about the house?
    Sara~ how's it going?

I had a few very bad eating days but have pulled it together yesterday and today.
    I actually didn't eat supper tonight before gymnastics because i just wasn't hungry. I ate whe we got home and I was hungry. It felt good.

I am already trying to figure out how to use my time to it's best advantage this weekend. I had been thinking gardening but snow and rain are forcast. DD has been asking for a big girl room. I think I might switch her room for the spare room.
    Totally relaxing tonight. Everyone else is asleep.
    HUGS to ALL!!!!!!!
  • The Good, the Bad and the #$%^#@$% Ugly
    Been a couple of days since I posted and all sorts of things have gone right and wrong since then.

The good?

- well eating has been okay. Not brilliant but even with the bad and ugly it’s not been bad. I’m pleased about that.
    - I did nearly two hours at the gym this morning. 1 hour on the weights circuit and 1 at Body Balance. Apart from one exercise, I’m getting along with this new workout okay. Let’s not tell Jason or he will up the weights.
    - it’s Saturday, first day of a long weekend!
    - Rang Mel this morning and had an long chat. She’s feeling sore and sorry for herself and it sounds like she is lucky that the damage will probably not be permanent (it will take a long time for her to sort this out) but is still laughing.
    - Gotta love this weather - not hot and not cold.
    - met up with a fellow contractor whom I haven’t seen for yonks at the Shopping centre. We will meet for dinner with other friends some time in the coming weeks.

The bad
    - I messed up on my appointment at the facial at the shopping centre so have to go back next week and try again. Bah humbug. That sucks. Especially considering I was there at the right time but was convinced it was half an hour later - so went and got some food instead.
    - the food was bad! - well not off bad but not tasty and not good. Serves me right I guess.
    - took longer to find a carpark at the shopping centre than at the police station. Too many people, too much noise, too many rude people, too many screaming kids - god I’m getting old.

The Ugly (and boy is it ugly)

- some time between Wednesday night and Friday morning, some low lifes got into my shed and stole around $2000 worth of my garden tools. Gone are the DS’s chain saw, my new petrol driven edge trimmer (only bought it 3 months ago), my almost new petrol driven hedge trimmer and the high pressure water cleaner DS & I bought together 3 years ago. &$^#^ B*stards. I just wish I could catch up with this dreg of society and have my edge trimmer back - I would put on the brushcutter blade - which they failed to steal - and turn it up to full power, raise it to around just above hip height (I’m short) and walk slowly towards the cretin. Listen for the screaming!!! How satisfying!
    So this morning I spent nearly an hour in the Police Station explaining all of the above (apart from the sadistic tendencies toward homo sapien corruptus) to a very nice man who was very sympathetic and absolutely clueless about garden tools. Now I have to see if I have kept any information about the serial numbers of any of these tools. I suppose I should be grateful that our lame brain chummy did not try to get inside the house - thats where I am presently keeping all my power tools for building and renovating. There is another couple of grands worth in here. &^%$#%^&&^%$$#

Can you tell I am not happy???
  • Shad, that is absolutely horrible news about your tools. I wonder if the instruction booklets might have serial numbers on them? A long shot.

• Don't allow the criminals to ruin your good time. Kick up your heels and have a ball!
  • I'm Back...how is everyone?
    Hi Ladies,
    I am home from my trip and am having a tough time getting back into the groove.... will share little things over the week about my trip.... Missed you guys.... I have lots of reading to do to catch up with all of you!
    Teeka spent the time with my mom and Andy and she was about at her limit
    of being away from me.... I even had a dream she needed me so I came back to Montana a few days early to get her..... she is doing great now....
    I just wanted to pop in and say hi so glad to see new friends joining this terrific group and sharing joys and sorrows and woes of life..... and how is bump doing???????
    Take good care all.
    Peace,
    Nae
  • Happy to see you safely home Nae!!!!
    Meadow~ you have a real gift with your collages!!!
    Shad~ a complete drag!!! You must be soooo disappointed. A quadruple ARG!!!!!!!

NOW!! you MUST enjoy your Birthday in a special way just for you!!!!!!!!!!! I will toast you with a lovely glass of Point Pelie wine(local Canadian fare).