Water trick

• I thought I'd share this trick with everyone out there who aren't big water drinkers, like me. I've been a soda drinker all my life, and it's been one of the hardest things for me to cut down on. The only bottled water I like is Dasani, which is too expensive to drink all the time.

So, what I do is I drink a glasss of ice water with some lemon juice/Real Lemon in it. It's really good, and gives the water a slightly sweet aftertaste. The good thing about doing this is that if you're at a restaurant, it's really easy to ask for a glass of water with a slice of lemon in it.
  • I do that all the time rubyblushu. I HATE the taste of water so I go through many bottles of real lemon in my water. I really enjoy the taste of it then.
    That reminds me, I'm all out and have to pick up some more with groceries.
  • Thats a great trick. I also drink a lot of Crystal Lite those little packets for water bottles but i only use about half at a time cause its a little to strong. Hope this helps ya.
  • Girly, where do you buy the Crystal Light for water bottles? I think I've seen them, but I can't remember where.
  • I get them at Super Walmart and just about any grocery stores have them. They are right with the regular Crystal lite and kool-aid but they are in a box. They have lemonade, tea, and a fruit punch one so far
    They are super handy hope this helps
  • my super walmart also carries another store brand that is way cheaper than the crystal light....they have lemonade, raspberry, and peach tea...the peach tea is awful, the raspberry tastes exactly like crystal light and the lemonade is pretty strong so I use about half the packet and then a packet of splenda to sweeten it a bit....
  • super walmart?? never heard of that before. hmmm
  • Yeah i usually get the generic brands too
    Super Walmart is Walmart with a grocery store in it Little
  • Another trick for those who don't care for water is to add a small amount of your favorite fruit juice. I like cranberry or raspberry. Lots of flavor without a lot of calories!
  • I love those crystal light packets!! for the longest time i'd been using the regular foil cups, and sorta guestimating how much to put in my drinks...my only complaint is i wish they'd make them in more flavors!
  • Quote: super walmart?? never heard of that before. hmmm
    That's cause we're in Canada !! We're always the last to get everything ...
  • Does Crystal Light count for the daily water consumption? Or do you have to have at least 64 oz of plain water? I usually have 2 Crystal Light packets a day( I have 20 oz bottles) and then 2 bottles of plain water.
  • I've been wondering the same thing. I drink a lot of water but some times I just want some flavor and not sure if crystal light or iced t would count.
  • I think you can count Crystal Light as water for a day or so, but plain water is much better for you...
  • The ice and lemon water idea is great. Citric acid is good for you, it helps burn calories (or so I read) and apparently drinking your water ice cold gives your metabolism a boost, or makes yoru body work harder to regulate the temperature... Something along those lines...

I'm new, by the way. hi