Ice Tea

• I love my ice tea I can't remember if I am alowed Ice Tea in the first Phase??, or does it matter??
  • I imagine so, but not w/ sugar. Must use sugar substitute...

We can use Crystal Light brand drinks, right?
  • Yes you can have tea but no sugar. You might want to have decaf though.

Yes you can have Crystal Light. Just can't sub it for your water.
  • Dunno if you know this or not, but Wal-Mart sells some sugar free drink stuff..lemonade, peach iced tea, and rasberry ice. You add a packet of the flavoring to a 16.9oz bottle of water. The stuff is great!! Sugar free, sodium free..but tastes wonderful!
  • You can do the samew thing with Crystal light - they even have small packets that are just right for a water bottle. I use just half the packet as I prefer it diluted.
  • Yes Danzgal, iced tea & crystal lite are OK on the beach,but it Has to be decaf with S/F.

HugsBB
  • I'm going to disagree about it having to be decaffeinated. South Beach allows us to have 1 or even 2 cups of caffeinated drinks a day. I drink hot tea myself. I have my first cup of the day with caffeine and then switch to decaffeinated after that.
  • Dead on, Barb! I think Dr. A states in his book that there's no need to go decaf unless caffeinated affects your weightloss. I need my coffee!