Breakfast?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: Is that Sara Lee Delightful Bread any good?? My weight watchers instructor said that it was great for breakfast.. Right now Im basically having Special k with red berries with fat free milk each morning.. kind of getting old!
    25 yrs/ 5'4''
    Grad Student
    Highest Weight 183
  • I personally don't like the Sara Lee bread. The light oroweat bread tastes better to me.
    I just take in the extra calories now and get the 7-12 grain breads.
  • I eat Kashi Go Lean Cruch with skim milk and cut up a 1/2 of a bananna to put in it. If Im in a hurry I have a slim fast. On the weekends I have the Sara Lee Delightful bread with a hard bolied egg. I swich it up sometimes but these are my normal choices.
  • how about something like this its not sweet at all it still has eggs but i don't think you'd notice them as much.

BREAKFAST PIZZA

2 Cups Frozen Shredded Hash
    Brown Potatoes
    1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
    1/4 Teaspoon Chili Powder
    2 Tablespoons Canola Oil, divided
    1 Cup Egg Substitute
    2 Tablespoons Fat Free Milk
    2 Green Onions, sliced 2 Tablespoons Red Pepper,
    chopped
    1 Tablespoon Jalapeno Pepper,
    chopped
    1 Garlic Clove, minced
    1 Pre-baked Pizza Crust (16 OZ)
    1/2 Cup Salsa
    3/4 Cup Reduced Fat Cheddar
    Cheese, shredded

In a non-stick skillet, cook hash browns and the next 2 ingredients, in 1 Tablespoon of the oil. Remove and keep warm. In a bowl beat the egg and milk and set aside. In the same skillet sauté the onions and the next 3 ingredients with the remaining oil. Add the egg mixture, cook and stir until almost set. Remove from heat. Place the crust on an un-greased pizza pan. Spread salsa over the crust. Top with egg mixture, then the hash browns. Top with the cheese. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes.

SERVINGS 6; CALORIES 375; FAT 12 g; PROTEIN 19 g; CARBS 50 g;
    FIBER 1 g; CHOL 10 mg; SODIUM 748 mg
    SERVING SIZE= 1 Slice
    (recipe taken from www.lowcaldiner.com)

kate
  • I like brown and serve turkey sausege, 3 links for 120 calories. Most mornings I have 3 links and oatmeal with skim milk. Filling and keeps me from snacking mid morning.
  • Kashi Go Lean cereal and half a banana mixed in a fat free sugar free yogurt.
  • My breakfast depends on how much time my 5 month old gives me to eat! Sometimes it's just a small bagel with light cream cheese or rice krispies with a banana. I sometimes do eggs all different ways. I really like them baked with salsa. Oatmeal, toast with peanut butter, and other regulars.

Maybe odd, but I like tuna or salmon scrambled with eggs served on toast. Yum. If splurging, also good with white gravy on top.
  • One of my favorite snacks that could also double for a good breakfast is Wasa crisp-bread (I use the multigrain kind) topped with a little fat free cream cheese and tomatoes.
    Also, if you're one of those people who tends to get hungry long before lunch or snack time (like me), you might want to try a breakfast that sticks with you longer. Cereals like Weetabix, Shredded Wheat or anything with a lot of whole grain and fiber will keep you full longer than most (in my experience). Oatmeal can also be great, however most kinds have too much sugar in them. I usually mix mine as 1 packet of a flavored kind with 1 packet plain...

Hope this helps!!