Thursday's Menus - March 3

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Well even tho I'm not eating that great thought I would start you guys off with a fresh new menu thread!

Breakfast: if I can get out of here soon might have an egg mcmuffin and coffee on the way to physio appt.

Lunch: probably my homemade soup
    orange

Dinner: will definitely try and get that roast in the oven today - all chicken gone and dh won't be home til late and no time to cook!

Frouf
  • B: Chocolate Strawberry Banana Smoothie

L: same as every day

D: Today is DH's birthday so we're going to Outback for dinner. I will either get a sirlion or filet with a plain baked potato and ff dressing on my salad.

No birthday cake till Saturday after weigh in .
  • b: farina w/strawberries, milk
    l: will try to make split pea soup w/canadian bacon, milk
    s: pear
    d: Indian (Flavored) Beef Patties, green beans, milk

I'm feeling a little more semi-human today, so I might be able to cook!

Angela
  • are you guys having extras or snacks, etc with these menus?
  • B - puffed wheat (trying it out) and milk
    S - fruit
    L - leftover stir fry
    S - yogurt and fruit
    D - beans and barley
    S - pudding or something milky

probably a milk coffee out today too and lots of extra veg in between.
    How does it look pals. I want to stay with Core, but I want to lose weight too.
  • Yeah, I usually have a snack of fresh fruit or a fruit muffin between meals. I coulnd't do it without it!
  • I don't add extra snacks. I write down exactly what I plan to eat but some days it doesn't all get eaten. There are days when I'm not as hungry as I should be. When I cheat, it's because I've had coke or beer or too much non-Core food.

B: scrambled egg, little piece of sausage, milk
    Sn: strawberries and SF/FF cheesecake pudding
    L: 3 slices of turkey, string cheese, a sliced Roma tomato with light 1000 Island dressing, more milk
    Sn: 4 thin corn tortillas with butter spray and salsa
    D: Baked potato with FF cheese, FF sour cream, 1/2 can of tomato soup

And of course, our friend ... water.
  • Oops, I forgot my coke on the way -- 139 calories for a small coke at Sonic. Baby steps ... usually I would have gotten the larger one.
  • katpo - that doesnt seem like much food to me. But you aren't hungry, right?
  • It seems like a whole lot to me! I was looking at it wondering how I would get it all in -- it feels like I'm eating constantly.

Maybe drinking a lot of water keeps me full. But no, I'm not hungry.
  • Thursday:

B egg w/ww toast (4pts)
    milk
    Folgers cafe latte (1 scoop = 1 pt.)

s - banana (2pts)

L- salad w/egg and ff dressing (4 pts)
    string cheese (2 pts)

S- popcorn - crystal light (1 pt)

d - p/nut butter on 1pt. eng muffin
    milk (4pts)

Sn - shredded wheat w/ milk (4 pts.)
    folgers cafe latte ( 1pt)

Total 23 pts. - 2 for walking = 21
  • gotta add the pumpkin pudding for lunch. I made that recipe with pumpkin, pudding mix and milk. I used butterscotch and it was wonderful. When you guys eating pudding do you generally eat half cup? Thanks
  • I eat 1/2 cup of pudding at a time and have been adding sliced strawberries to it. They're on sale at every grocery store here buy one get one free, and so we've been buying them quite often. I have those Tupperware snack size containers and a box of pudding with 2 cups of milk will make four servings, and it's usually plenty.

I'll have to try the butterscotch. Right now, next in line is pistachio and I guess I'll add pineapple to it.
  • Kathy, butterscotch is really yummy. I make that Caramel Apple Delight recipe with butterscotch pudding, FF ricotta, FF plain yogurt, 2 apples and a bit of skim. It is FABULOUS! I think the recipe is on our site somewhere.

If I make just pudding I use the tupperware cups too and eat 1/2 cup per serving. If I make a recipe like the Caramel Apple Delight, I probably eat between 3/4 to a cup because it has added stuff and fruit in it.
  • This core plan on Weight Watchers how is it different exactly. I have been viewing some other ones and a lot of people say they dont like it or cant stick to it .
    I have been thinking about doing the core program and wanted some information
    Shelley