Weekly Move Your Kaboose 2-27 - 3-5

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Yesterday was my and my husbands 3rd anniversery, so we went out...I did squeeze in the WATP 2 mile dvd though.
    Tonight I go to the gym.
  • Monday: one hour gym - cardio and toning + 10 000 steps
    Tuesday: one hour gym cardio and toning + 8 000 steps
    Wednesday: one hour swimming - half an hour in gym + 10 000 steps
    Thursday: one hour swimming + 10 000 steps + half hour in gym at lunch time
    I am really enjoying my exercise, I was doing nearly nothing before January, it's been the biggest change I have made.
  • 3 mile WATP tape this morning
  • Mon: ab/back/leg workout (9 exercises), 3 miles at ~3.1 mph
    Tues: arm/chest workout (8 exercises), 4 miles
    Wed: ab/back/leg workout (9 exercises), 3.6 miles

I've gotten in the arm/chest workout this morning and another 1.6 miles (plan to do 2 miles for lunch). Can't seem to get past ~3.1-2 mph rate on walking. Any ideas?
  • Didn't get back to my workout yesterday to finish it, but I think I can still get 5 step aerobic workouts in this week. This morning I did step aerobics, and tonight I plan to do pilates.
  • No structured exercise for me yesterday, although I was walking around for 6 hours... fast walking because no matter what happened yesterday, we were always late! I'm hoping to get a tae-bo workout in later, I will walk 1.5 km's this morning.

Barbara - I know it might sound silly, but get some REALLLY upbeat fast music, that always helped me get my pace up.

-Aimee
  • Thanks for the idea, Aimee -- I listen to Celtic folk music mostly -- I'll have to make a tape of the faster reels and see if I can keep up! But that would be a good thread -- what songs inspire you most?
  • thurs. Took a 2 hr walk through the park... it was a beautiful day!
  • did 4 mile WATP tape yesterday. Cramping too bad to get in my exercise this morning. I will probably use mom's exercise ball tonight and do some of those exercises.
  • Barbara - I really enjoy techno type music.. some of my fav songs to listen to are "Equador - by Sash!", or anything by Brooklyn Bounce, there is a song by them which is upbeat, and then does this little interlude where the person says "don't stop", I can't tell you how many times thats helped me out

-Aimee
  • Thursday night:
    50 mins HIIT elliptical
    weights: arms and legs
    Crunches: 250
    stretching

Friday:
    55 mins HIIT elliptical
    weights: arms and legs
    Crunches:250
    stretching

Today: OFF
  • Friday- 2hr walk outside
    Saturday went shopping found lots of bargins 5hrs of walking.
  • Fri - 30 mins on treadmill
    Sat - 40 min walk (with dog)
  • So Saturday I danced in 3 inch heels for like 3 hours, thats exercise right?

-Aimee
  • Oh yea that's a one heck of a bum workout Aimee!