Roll call! (bio's)

You're on Page 32 of 56
Go to
  • We are glad you are here. This site has so much support. Come join us in the loser thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Good Morning!
    I posted a couple of other places and then thought I should probably post here first so people don't think I'm some sort of posting phantom or something!

I'm another Wendy! I'm 40, mother of 5 (yes, count 'em.. 5) and the kids, age, bad eating habits and my dh's wonderful cooking have led me to this point in life where I'm waaaay overweight! I just joined LAWL 2 weeks ago, and I've lost 5 lbs so far. I'm on the purple plan and also doing yoga 3 times a week. I have NEVER been on a diet in my life. I sure hope this works! I already feel 200% better energy-wise though.. and I have a tough time sitting still at home -- which is a 180 degree change in how I was 2 weeks ago. That part alone has made this little adventure worth it for me so far. I've enjoyed going through many of the posts and making mental notes of the tips.. now I just need a bunch more recipes I think.
    It's good to be here -- I look foward to this!
  • Welcome Wendy!
  • Welcome Wendi!!!

Welcome Byebyebulge - Good for you to get back on!!!!
  • Welcome byebye! Come join us in the losers and friends thread. We would love to get to know you.
  • Hi! I'm Jen! I have been a member on this site for a few months now, I have just never posted before. I have found everyone here to be so helpful and supportive, so thank you. I joined with my Mom and we do a good job of supporting each other, we also do a good job at sabatoging each other. This is why I have decided to stop being a slient fat chick, I need the support. I had a hard time sticking to plan during the holidays and have started my program over. I look forward to being a part of this weight loss community.
  • Welcome Jen! It's only a matter of time before you go from lurker to poster around here. I think it's the unique community of support we have. Glad to have you.
  • Hi all,

I'm Megan, I sort of had to google 3FC after it was mentioned on the LAWL boards. 2 days later I love the vibe over here. Everyone just seems so much more upfront and honest. Maybe it's because we don't have corporate lurking over us!

I started the Red Plan back in November and had the luxry of dropping 11 pounds in the first three weeks! Needless to say the rest of the weight loss hasn't been nearly that quick!

All in all, I'm down 2 sizes and 12 inches. I feel better than I ever did. And, I quit my 8 cup a day coffee habit!
  • , Megan. Glad to see you here. I didn't even know LAWL had a forum. Just goes to show... I think you'll like it here. I've found it very supportive and positive.
  • Hi, I'm Patsy. I found this forum by doing a google search for LA weight loss, have been reading the posts for a few days, and thought wow, what an incredible forum. So, here I am!

I started the LAWL program on January 12th. I got engaged on December 1st, and tried to start losing on my own, including going back to the gym...lost a few pounds, but then put them back on rather quickly. I decided I needed more discipline and accountability, but most of all to learn how to eat properly.

I am doing the program without the lites, and haven't done the takeoff for medical reasons, am just following the diet itself.

I am so glad to have found this forum, to have a chance to read, discuss the LAWL plan with others who are doing or have done it. I find reading the posts here on recipe's, advice, etc. to be very motivational and helpful.
  • Hi! I thought I should introduce myself, as I've made several posts now. My name is Aleta. I have two wonderful children (teenagers) and one wonderful husband. I joined LAWL 3 weeks ago after talking with a friend, who has been very successful with her program and very happy with it. As someone who never really looked at the weight scale nor had a real weight problem until I hit 40-ish, I was in shock when my scale tipped 180 not too long ago. That moved me to do something about it. Gone are cheese puffs and chips! Everyone is so very encouraging on this site ... I thought I would join, as I know this will be a journey, and encouragement is so vital. Look forward to meeting you all.
  • Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I thought I'd post an introduction about myself as well, since I've been posting on this site for a week now.
    I'm not new to LAWL..this is my 3rd and final time joining. I start my TO tomorrow (2/5) and am in it for real this time.
    I'm a mother of 2 (a girl and a boy) ages, 3.5yrs old and 1yr old. I'm a born and raised midwestern girl, but recently moved to NC this past July....there's a long story there as to why I moved, which I won't bore anyone with right now..it's complicated and bittersweet to make a long story short. If you'd like to hear the detailed version, send me a note.
    As for LAWL, I joined the first time after I had my daughter and then quit due to getting pregnant with my son, I joined again after he was born but quit due to moving. Now that I've taken 8months off, I'm ready to get back on track.
    This will be my first attempt at doing the plan as a vegetarian, so I'm excited to see how I'll do. I'm a tad nervous, but am very optimistic for the outcome.
    Anyways, that's a bit about me. I love all the support everyone gives on this website and I think I've found a new addiction...3FC!
  • Welcome and we are glad you are here!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hello from Canada!
    I am 28 years old. I have been married for 6+ years. I have a 3 year old son.
    I am just starting week 4 of LAWL.
    I have lost a total of 12lbs.

I find if diffucult to stay on plan sometimes....especially when I have those foods in my house for the rest of the family....

There is alot of info on this site...I am hoping to get some use from it!

~Bernie