Roll call! (bio's)

You're on Page 12 of 56
Go to
  • Hi Pingree! So glad to see you on today!! Here is some to help you on your way!!!!
  • Hello,

I'm Suzette. I live in Southern NH. I work full time for a major telecommunications company and I am fortunate (though, at times its not so fortunate) to be able to work from home, except when I travel (about every two months on average). I am married and mother of 3 sons, ages almost 15, 13 1/2 and 10. My sons are currently Freshman in high school, a 7th grader and a 4th grader. I enjoy downhill skiing in the winter. In the summer, I enjoy swimming. I also enjoy walking and working out at the gym on the elliptical trainer. I am an amatuer creative writer, particularly enjoy writing dark, epic science fiction, though, I also like historical tales as well.

I was a normal weight kid until I was about 7 or 8 then I ballooned. I lost weight when I hit puberty but then gradually, though late high school and college, I gained, finding myself 50 pounds overweight. After college and after getting married, I went to a place called Diet Center in the late 80s where I lost the weight, got to goal and kept it off for nearly 4 years.

Then...I started having kids and in matters of weight, it went up from there. Through having kids and a few job changes as well as moves a few times all over the country, as well as two years of injuries and female health issues leading to surgeries (knee surgery one year, follow by a hysterectomy the next) which kept me immobile (no exercise) and depressed (COMFORT FOOD OVERINDULGENCE!), I was pushing 40 and found myself over 150 pounds overweight. I asked myself the question we've all asked ourselves at a "turning points"''...."how did it ever come to this?"

I turned to WW and lost about 40 pounds online but then...nothing. I found myself battling the same 10 pound for 8 months when someone from the WW message board, through her own efforts and success, convinced me to go to LAWL.

So, here I am!

In two weeks, I've lost 8 1/2 pounds. My goal is to be down to my "goal" by my 20th wedding anniversay by May of next year. I know it is very doable. I like the program because it is VERY similar to Diet Center, the program which was most successful for me. I also love the bars.

This group is awesome and very supportive. Suzette
  • Hi Suzzette:
    Congrats on your loss girl!! Wow 8.5 lbs in 2 weeks is awesome
  • Welcome Suzette and great job on the loss so far. You will love this board. Everybody is so nice and helpful.
  • Hi Suzette! You're going to love the support you'll receive here. I look forward to chatting with you!
  • Thanks for the welcome..

Tina, your little girl (I'm assuming) is adorable. I love that "I'm up to something but I'm charming you with innocence" little smile on her face. She reminds me of a female version of my DS#2 when he was that age. Wonderful....
  • Hi all!
    I haven't posted very much at all...but I've been reading other posts for the past 7 weeks. I feel like I know everyone here already!
    I joined LAWL on January 20th and have lost 24.2 pounds so far. My goal is to lose 80 pounds.
    I work at a radio station and get the program for free in exchange for my testimonials. So...without having to worry about paying for any extras, I'm on 2 lites a day and all the supplements. I haven't felt hungry at all and I'm sure it's the lites and supplements that help with that!
    I stay motivated because I feel like everyone in town knows that I'm on this diet. Which is good. I know this is going to work...for a lifetime.
    Did anyone see Wynonna Judd on Larry King Live last night? She actually went into a 'rehab' center for 7 weeks to detox from her 'food addiction'. I'm sure that cost a pretty penny! I wonder if she got in for free in exchange for her statments
  • Welcome Radio Girl and Space. Ths is a great place to be!
  • Radio Girl:
    WELCOME!! I use the supplements too and I like them a lot. You will love this site!
  • hi new here
    H everyone
    I have been a lurker here but have really enjoyed reading the posts so I thought I should introduce myself. I was always chunky as a child - started dieting as a late teenager and that seemed to lead to the yo-yo factor. Just over 4 years ago I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I lost a lot of weight initially but slowly gained it back. One of the few that gains weight on chemo. After a 3rd reoccurence last year I really thought I have to get my life back. So I joined LAWL in January. I have to say all my experiences are extremely positive. Because of medical reasons I am not eligible for any of their supplements & bars so I am never asked. I have to say thanks to you all for all the recipes they are great!
    Barb

• Hi Kicker, and welcome!! Looks like you are doing great. Come on over to the Losers and Friends thread and say hello, that is where most of the daily chatter takes place.
  • Hello kicker:

I hope to chat with you soon!!!
  • Welcome to all the new gals--you're gonna love this place!
  • Hi Everybody! I am fairly new to LAWL. Just starting my third week today. I have searched online for support, and am glad I found this forum!

Quick Info: I am 38 yo, mother of 4 (19 boy, 15 girl, 12 boy & 11 girl). I moved from NY to PA last July, and am currently attending a technical school for Practical Nursing.

So far I have lost almost 10 pounds. Although the weight did not come on over night, I wish it would go away quicker!

I look forward to chatting and getting to know everyone!
  • Hello Sherry

Congratulations on your loss!!You are in onederland!!!You will find a lot of friends here and a lot of support too.