New Chicks, Old Chicks, Need a Buddy? Come on in!

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Hello everyone!! Im new as well IM 35 with 2 kids 10 and 4 1/2 and married for almost 13 years. Been up and down my whole life with weight. Im 5'8" and was at my heaviest Dec 26th 2004 that is when I decided to change my life and eat right and do right. I started Curves and work out 6 days a week and I have not touched a drop of JUNK since then I started at 258 and currently at 232 my goal is 170 where I was when I married then after at I would like to shoot for something I have not been in a long time and that is 160-165. Im not following any diet in particular I just gave up the bad stuff and eat healthy. I watch my carbs since IM carb sensitive. I quit smoking COLD turkey Aug 18 2003 after 18 years of it and have not picked one up and feel 10 times better since.

Im so glad to have found this place online and know Im not alone.
  • Hi Kelly!
    Hi Kelly!

I like your handle-Its time for me. I had that feeling when I hit my 30s too.
    I've been fighting for me time ever since.
    I think you'll like it here.
    Welcome.
  • Hi Chicks!
    I have been trying for DAYS to get in here and say HI!! I have just been so busy! It hasn't been warm here, but very sunny, so I have been opening all the curtains and cleaning like it was Spring. By the time it gets here I will be done with Spring cleaning!! We have gotten rid of so much stuff, I feel like I'm moving!
    My eating hasn't been great but I did walk 3 miles today. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! my new treadmill, I set it at 3 miles per hour and walk the hour Regis and Kelly are on-I want to win the van!!
    It sounds like everyone is doing well! It is TOM so I didn't weigh this week, last week I stayed the same-which means I have lost NOTHING this month! I know it's my own fault, so I'm mad at myself! When it's TOM I'm not a chocolate fiend like most-I just want lots of salt, I could just live on tortilla chips, salsa and guacamole!
    Well its almost 11 pm, it's my bedtime! Girls and hubby gotta get up at 6:30 for school and work. I will be back in tomorrow! I think I will be lazy! Except for my walking!
    Peace,
    Kathy
  • Hi everybody!

I have been working out and eating sensibly as I also joined the Self Challenge from the Self magazine. I am determined to lose the evil 30 lbs this year.

Kathy- I also watch Regis and I hope to get the call to win the Van. But, being realistic the changes are slim.
    I try to do the treadmill at night with any show that keeps me focused, last night I watched A. Idol while I walked/run. I recommend a Heart Rate Monitor that it keeps you focused and at the end tells you how many cals you lost in your workout, I love my Polar that I got very cheap on ebay.

Well I have to go, Crying baby is whinning upstairs. I run a daycare and one of my babies is really a Pain in the ***.

See you later!
  • HI Chickies!!
    I have been doing well the last two day, I have focused on getting in the excercise.

I too rode my stationary bike while watching AI. It does help to do it while watching something, the time goes by much quicker.

Tabbey
  • Hey all.....
    How is every one 2nite . Just popping in to say hello and catch up on all of the post. Selena for the get wells I started my therapy today and now I know I must lose this weight. My knees never hurt me before my spill but now I can see how this weight is really putting a strain on them. Ive been lifting the 10 lbs weights wherever I sit and thats all Ive been doing lately is sitting .

Well I hope everyone has a great week and Ill check back later. Welcome to everyone that has posted since I last stopped by!
  • I'm shocked
    I lost 3 lbs this week-worked on house and it just seemed to fall off somewhere?

I'm SO HAPPY! beginning to think it would never go the right direction.
    WOW!

Ok- OK I'm gaining control!

Going to change my ticker.~~Poof~~
  • Hi Chickies!
    Just wanted to stop in and say HI and WOOHOO!!! to Carol on the -3#!! That is awesome!! Wish I could get over this little plateau I am on, it's driving me crazy! I have been walking on my treadmill, so hopefully next week I will see a loss?!?!?
    Dolphin4Doug-I hope all is going well with your knee, don't push it!
    Danicomia-Regis didn't call me!! I could really use that new van!! Oh well! I've never watched American Idol. I don't watch much tv at night except the news and Jay Leno. The only reality show that I've watched was Biggest Loser. I wish I could have a trainer like that for 12 weeks-but I wouldn't want to be on tv!!
    Tabbey, Kelly, Jme and anyone I may have missed- WELCOME!! The more the merrier!! I hope everyone is having a good (healthy) weekend and if not, we can start over Monday!!
    Peace,
    Kathy
  • Hello all! It sounds like everyone has been doing awesome! I missed my WW meeting this week so I don't know how I did. I have been going pretty strong these last two months though. I haven't made a drastic loss but I feel like I've made a great change to my eating habits that will last.

I'm eating right but exercise remains my enemy. I have the hardest time getting into a program so then I start skipping it and then I'm right back where I started. So annoying! I feel like I just need to find something I enjoy or a workout buddy or something.

Well I'll be happy for my weight loss for now. I think when I hit a 20 pound loss I'll be so excited that I'll start working out more diligently. Until then, I'll keep plugging away.

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy day!
  • One Pound!!!!
    I thought I did good this month, only a few bad meals . But what do I see on the scale this morning??????? I have ended the month with a 1 pound GAIN!!!! I am slightly upset with myself. I have this brand new $400 treadmill sitting here, and have I got on it all weekend? NO! Why? I don't know. I think my biggest problem is my husband and kids are home all weekend and we were doing things. I still had time to walk a few miles but I didn't I am going to be very hard on myself for the next month, I WILL lose weight this month. I am at 237 today, I want to be at 229 on March 28th. 8 pounds, I know I can do it.
    Come on chicks, give me some kicks
    Check you all later!
    Peace,
    Kathy
  • gfmomx6 - Live Regis...
    Danicomia-Regis didn't call me!! I could really use that new van!! Oh well!

I know, He didn't call me either. Can you believe some people got two vans instead of one. Why did they do that? With so many people like us who really just need one?????

Today I got another sad news. Good Day Live, the show I watched here in Denver while I do the treadmill, has been cancelled!!! OMG What am I going to watch while I do the treadmill?. I guess some stupid Talk Show now. Not that I like the anchors too much, but I like the entertainment gossip format that is completely free. At least I have 3 more weeks to watch and jump on the treadmill before they are completely gone.

MP
  • Hi!
    Hiddie Ho
    Just popped in to say HI

Wish i had my exercise room ready.
    Too many jobs to do before that happens.
    Doing taxes today.
    Hope I can do a afterwords.

On to victory!
  • Don't beat yourself up, Kathy! We've all had weigh-ins that seem so out of whack with how hard we've worked. Put that one pound out of your mind! You have lost 35 pounds and that's something to be proud of! By March 28th, I believe you will reach your goal because you want it enough to make it happen.

On a personal note, if one more person has a birthday that I am required to bake a cake for, I'm going to gain 600 pounds! My mom's birthday was yesterday and I baked an out of this world cake that was so rich, just to smell it was 50 calories!
  • Good Day So Far!
    Hi Chickies
    Just thought I would pop in and say my day is good so far! I walked 2 miles this morning and hopefully I will get in 2 more this evening. My food has been good, but its usually the afternoon that ruins my whole day!! I just really get the munchies around 4 pm, and I usually give in ! I am not going to give in today! I am going to be good, eat good food and lose this weight! I WILL LOSE WEIGHT THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!
    Well, gotta go change laundry and get this house straightened up!
    Catcha later!
    Peace,
    Kathy
  • Hope you have a good weekend!
    Got lots to do - many thing to count as exercise.