What is your fave. low point salad dressing?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I hate fat free! My fave is T marzetti's country french but it's just has way too many points per serving.

So now I'm trying to find something that is low points but tastes good? Does it exist?

Thanks
  • Salsa - 0 points
    Newman's Own Light Balasmic Vinegarette - 1 point for 2 tbsp
    Ken's Light Vidalia Onion - 2 points for 2 tbsp
  • Low Fat Dressings
    When I first went on Weight Watchers, I lived on salads. The absolute, best-tasting low fat bleu cheese dressing I found was Kraft's Light Done Right Roka Bleu Cheese. Unfortunately not all grocery stores carry it in Minnesota. Wishbone also has a "Just 2 Good" bleu cheese dressing, but I don't care for the taste of it.
  • Hi thanks for the ideas.
    Kelly I have tried Newman's light balsamic vinegar and I do like it. The vidalia onion sounds good too. I will have to look for that. mnleadfoot I unfortunately don't like bleu cheese but thanks for the suggestion.
    I also bought and tried marzetti's 2 lightful french was pretty good. I'm going to keep looking and see if I like anything better.

Thanks
  • FYI the Vidalia Onion one is very similar to the Sweet Onion Sauce from Subway and I use it to make my own Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki Subs.
  • I can't stand salad without a good dressing. I have 2 favorites. One might be hard to find depending on where you live. My mother in law lives in NJ and can't find it.

It is made by Gia Russa. It's Italian..they make pasta, sauce, etc. It's Balsamic Glaze. It's thicker than just vinegar. More like a dressing. It has some sugar in it, but it is.....get this....0 POINTS! I use it all the time with a little salt & pepper on my salad.

Also, when I have points to spare, I like Kraft Light Done Right Catalina. I believe it is 1 Point for 2 Tbsp. and the Creamy French is 2 Points for 2 Tbsp.

Just a couple suggestions.
  • Fat Free French, Henri's Brand is pretty good, only 1 pint per serving.
  • The absolute best dressing I have found so far is KEN's Steakhouse Fat Free Raspberry Pecan Dressing. It is FABULOUS!!!

I am a true blue Ranch/blue Cheese gal myself and I really really really love this dressing!!!!!
  • One I have just discovered is Wish Bone Fat Free Chunky Blue Cheese. I hate FF dressings but this one is really good for being FF. I think it's 1 point per serving.
  • Do you like italian dressings? I've found the low cal and fat free versions taste the same to me...
  • Maple Groves Farms Fat Free Balsmic Vinegrette 2 tbsp 0 pts
    Kraft Done Right Cataliana 2 tbsp 1pt

Both are yum, most of the Done Rights are really GOOD.

Cyndie
  • By chance I stumbled upon Ken's Northern Italian with Basil and Romano....it is so fantastic.....it tastes like full fat dressing and even looks like it, but it is 2 pts for 3 tablespoons!!!!!
    Running second Bernsteins Light Fantastic Roasted Garlic Balsamic
    (but not a very close second)
    Julie
  • Nut job?
    Am I the only nut job that makes the Hidden Valley Ranch with light mayo and buttermilk? I use one cup of Hellman's 2-good to be true and 2 cups buttermilk to one package of the powder. I use 2 cups buttermilk so it is actually semi-liquid and not a dip. It works out to be something ridiculous like 4T is one point.

I use the "fiesta dip" by HVR the same way and it's killer on taco salad.

I've also been thinking about using only 1/2 cup of the light mayo to 2 cups of the buttermilk so that it is more liquid.

Anyone with similar experiences?
  • Alethea, thanks for posting that! I love HV Ranch dressing, but was thinking I would have to give it up because of the high points value.
  • Just 2 Good - French