LCFS Jan. 30th-Feb. 6th

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Good morning,

We had a warm sunny day yesterday. Clouds rolled in late in the afternoon with a threat of rain, but we didn't get a thing.

Nikki, the book you're reading sounds interesting, and how true. It is easy to become lax when people start noticing a person's weight loss. Does he give you any suggestions on how to stay on track during those times? How is your leg doing? Did you get one of those inversion tables from HSN? I've see him on quite a few times and I've always wondered about it. No, you didn't tell me about the red-winged blackbird. They are beautiful birds. We have some sort of brown bird that arrives in a flock. The ground is moving, there are so many of them. I've told you we've got a lot of mourning doves, well, they have their young ones with them. They are a hoot to watch. I haven't seen the quails in a long time.

Anne, Lynn, Cat, hope your week is going well so far.

Catch you all later,
    Ali
  • Hi,
    Ali, he says that when people are giving you compliments like that, to kind of realize it's a red flag. You can say thank you and appreciate what they said, but don't use it as an excuse to go off plan or over indulge later.

Has anyone tried the new Spa Cuisine from Lean Cuisine? I bought several of them yesterday and had the Chicken with pecans for lunch. They use all whole grains in them, this one was made with brown rice, chicken, pecans, pea pods and a few little slivers of carrots. It was pretty good. Filling anyway. It didn't have a lot of spices, so it was kind of bland. I would rather have that than some of those weird tasting spices or flavors they put in some of those dinners though. This actually tasted like food.

A beautiful day here, sunny and 50 degrees. I got the car washed, moved the bird feeders and plan on hosing down the drive after DH gets up. The birds are singing and it makes a person feel like there is an end to winter.

Talk to you all later, Nikki
  • Good Morning All:
    Happy Friday
    I recorded the "Happy Days 30th reunion" I will be watching that this
    weekend. I use to love that show when I was young.
    Wait till I tell you....Yesterday around the time I was getting ready to come
    home a nurse from emerg. came down with a paper bag totalling $17,620.00
    in cash that a patient came in with It took me about 10 minutes to
    count and verify that figure!! Holy cow, what would someone be prancing
    around with that kind of coin for???
    Nikki, you lucky thing you, 50 degree's, thats like a heat wave at this time
    of year Our weekend weather is suppose to be fabulous too. I am really
    looking forward to it.
    Aleka, this weekend I will ask my sister the breed of dog they are getting
    she keeps telling me and I keep forgetting I will make sure she
    is standing beside me at this computer when I ask her again

Have a wonderful Friday.
    Anne.
  • Good morning and Happy Friday, all!

Okay, binge needs are overwith ( they usually are after I give into them) and today is a new day!! <----- and that's water, not coffee, heh. I haven't stepped on the scale all week and then what do I find when I do this morning? Down a pound! WOOT!

See, my goal is to lose just over a pound a week till New Year's (good grief, that seems like SUCH a long way off) and that will take me to my goal. It doesn't mean that I'll be svelt and pretty by my birthday, in July, but hopefully it will mean that come NEXT summer, I will have a good enough handle on my eating habits that I won't need to "diet" at all.

Okies, that's about it for this morning. Gotta get the boys off to school and think about hitting the gym before I hit the hay (gotta work tonight so I'm taking a nap this afternoon )

Have a GREAT Friday, everybody!

Rae )O(
  • Good morning,

Hey Rae, welcome to the thread. I went back and read your bass ackwards post I really could relate to what you said there. This thread is LCFS which stands for Low Carb Freestyle (in case you haven't read that somewhere, thought I'd give you a quick intro). We've followed one plan or another ourselves. Anyway, your welcome to join us. We post daily on this thread and on Sunday, we start a new thread for the new week. There is another thread on the low carb board and that's the daily thread. They are another group of wonderful ladies, but it's a seperate thread from this one. Just thought I'd let you know, as there are so many places to post on 3FC's and when your new here, it can get overwhelming. Anyway, feel free to join our little corner of the site

Anne, I would fall over from the weight of carrying that much money! Wouldn't a person feel paranoid all the time about it? That would be nerve wracking for me just to count that much money.

Looks like an even better day today. You guys up around Toronto often do get our weather, seems like the jet stream must blow that way. Hope you get this, it's been fabulous. I washed both the cars, vacuumed the insides, washed off the driveway. Lots of snow is melted. Its like spring time out there. They do say that by Monday, we will go back to the cold and more snow, but this little break makes a person feel like living again.

Talk to you guys later, Nikki
  • TGIF!

Rae, WELCOME!!! That's wonderful your down a lb. Losing a lb. or more a week is a good way to lose weight. Which eating plan are you on? We're all doing something different. When is your birthday in July? Mine's the 29th. Looking forward to reading your posts.

Anne, I watched the Happy Days reunion last night. It was really good, but way..way..way..too many commercials. Personally, I thought 2 hrs. was too long. I think if they didn't have any commercials the show would've only been on a 1/2 hr. or so. WOW!! That is a lot of money to be carrying around. You have to wonder why someone would be carrying around that amount of money.

Hi Nikki, Lynn, Cat

Have a good Friday everyone.
    Ali
  • Nikki, I think we were posting at the same time. Glad that you're having a nice break from the cold weather. All the nice weather really makes you feel like getting out and doing things.

Ali
  • Good morning Grrlz!! <---and that's STILL Diet Pepsi, heh...

I shocked the poo out of myself this morning by working a full 12 hour shift on my feet and then AFTER work, going to the gym and running 2.15 miles on the Precor elliptical. Holy Gym Divas, Batman!! Hope everyone has a great Saturday, I'm heading for the shower, then for a nice back massage from my wonderful Hubby (who got up at 7:30 to pick me up and go to the gym with me!! He's such a big support!) and then its ZZZZZZZZ...

Rae )O(
  • Good morning,
    Another fantastic day here. Tomorrow, it will change for the worse they say. DH needs to clean out the stove pipe as the smoke will not draw out of the stove anymore. I doubt he will get to it though, he's pooped from working nights and hasn't got much sleep this week.

Suzanne Somers was on Biography channel last night. I didn't watch but heard about it on another board (HSN). Didn't sound like it was very flattering to her. I guess it depends on how you look at things.

Rae, what do you do for a living? 12 hours on your feet and then running after ward on a elliptical, wow!

Got my 3 mile walk in this morning. Still waiting for the Core Secrets to come. In the mean time, I'm doing about 200 crunches a day. Thats getting old though and I'm burnt out on them. Wish I could afford some heavy duty lipo and and good tummy tuck, that would solve the problem At least, it would be quicker.

Have a good weekend you guys, Nikki
  • Happy Saturday everyone!

Rae, that's wonderful you exercising after all those hours on your feet. You really are committed.

Nikki, I think I've seen the biography of Suzanne Somers. Some things I was really shocked and I honestly don't know how she can live with herself. That's great you've done a 3 mile walk. I'm still stuck on 2 miles. I couldn't bring myself to listen to her chatter on WATP the other day so I put in another one of her tapes that I have. I may try a 3 mile walk next week.

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend.
    Ali
  • Quote: TGIF!

Rae, WELCOME!!! That's wonderful your down a lb. Losing a lb. or more a week is a good way to lose weight. Which eating plan are you on? We're all doing something different. When is your birthday in July? Mine's the 29th. Looking forward to reading your posts.
    Hi Ali!

I'm actually not on any real plan, perse. I try to avoid potatoes and white rice (have developed a taste for brown whole grain rice of late) and all manners of unnatural sugar stuffs but my body (and my mind) just cannot handle the rigours of a true low-carb lifestyle anymore. Working out four or five times a week seems to be helping, though. I wasn't getting nearly that when I was on Atkins two years ago.

My birthday is the 14th of July

Have a good (rest of your) day!!

Rae )O(
  • Hi,

It's the start of a new week, so I'll start a new thread.

Ali