Inspired by Brenda...

• I was browsing through other forums, and in the Maintainers section there was a thread about mantras. Since Brenda mentioned yesterday that maybe a mantra might help her as she reaches for an off program treat, I thought I'd compile some of the mantras from that forum.

Please feel free to add!

My life is my choice.

Falling down is not failure...Failure is staying down.

O OWN this body.

This is too important to mess up.

I am stronger than that "fill in w/food of choice".

Is "fill in w/food of choice" worth 60 minutes of cardio?

Never trade what you want at the moment for what you want the most.

If I cheat, I'm only cheating myself.

Do I want to be thin or not?

I don't do that anymore.

I can stop if I want to.

I think my favorite saying is Never trade what you want at the moment for what you want the most.

Again, please add!
  • I like the "I don't do that anymore' but how about

"I don't really want it.....I don't really want it....I don't really want it!"
  • Oh this is cool!! Thank you!! I like these 2:
    This is too important to mess up and
    Is "fill in w/food of choice" worth 60 minutes of cardio?

lol. The way I am about exercise that last one should work wonders for me. And I think the "fill in" is going to be: Is that crap food really worth 60 minutes of cardio.

And I'm going now to put it in a word document, blow it up enough to print and put on my fridge!!!!! Thanks again!!!
  • You're welcome. I'm glad it's helpful. I hope more people can add to the list. Mantras can be really inspiring. Sometimes we just need to get inspired again, then it gets easier.
  • These are great!

I'm personally a fan of "Just do it" or "One bite of (insert off-plan food here) will kill me." Oh, and I'm not exactly sure about the best way to put this into words (That's humorous because I write for a living...), but I keep reminding myself that I won't be wearing a bikini this summer and looking hot in it, if I eat this or that or if I don't exercise.
  • LOL - I think I contributed to the mantras in that forum already. "I don't do that anymore" is a big one of mine. Jina, I work for the 'just do it' company so I'm all about that one, too!
  • "It never tastes as good as I think it will, so why bother" is another one.

And bumping this up to remind myself to keep going strong!!!!