Last pounds to go - buddy like me needed

• I'm a 25 year old looking for a buddy that is like me. Four years ago I gave birth to my son and weighed 218. I now weigh 163. I've been in the 160-165 range for the last year 1/2 and really want to hit my original goal of 150 finally. I've got the body type that I'm not all fat. I do have some muscle (not a body builder by any means I'm not looking to be super tiny - just healthy. I'm hoping to find someone in my same scenario. Just the last stretch to go and maybe someone I have other things in common with. I'm married to a great man. I am an office manager. I love laughing. I'm real - and want a buddy who is real too. Someone out there who knows you can't lose the last pounds by eating grapefruit or something silly like that. If there's anyone out there on my same journey with a GOOD ATTITUDE about it - I'm ready to make this happen....and have a good time while doing it.
  • Hi thinnerme,

Maybe we might make a good match! I just found this website, but have already lost 33 pounds. I have 14 to go, but they seem to be much more stubborn than the first 30! Anyway, I've never been happier or healthier than right now, so my attitude is probably the best it's been since I entered adolescence! LOL I haven't been exercising, but think maybe that's the next step I need to take. Steps I have already taken: stopped eating sugar; quit alcohol; low-carb lifestyle; mill my own flour & bake my own bread; take fruit & veggie supplements; a pathetic and sporadic attempt at yoga.

I have two boys, a thin husband who doesn't get what all the fuss is about regarding weight, and I live in Colorado! Let me know if you'd like to buddy up!
  • Hi Stephanie!!
    Sounds like we're in the same boat. You're at a weight right now that I haven't been since the first year I was married!!! I wonder if I'll ever see a "4" in the middle # of my weight again!! Ha ha - I personally am an excerciser. I've only maintained the wieght I'm at because of excercise...but I have to start watching my food to lose this last 13...well 12 lbs as of today. I would love to be 145 but for now my goal is 150. couple questions - what is your hardest part of the day ?
    what is your food enemy?
    what is the heaviest you've ever been?

Amanda
  • Hi Amanda,

This is new territory (the 140s) for me, too -- I haven't seen it since before my first son was born, 10 years ago! I lived at 170 for years and years...

>>what is your hardest part of the day ?

Normally, it's mid-afternoon. But sometimes, I'll go ahead and eat dinner around 4:30 and just "serve" it up to everyone else later. If I can get through the afternoon in a healthy way, evenings usually don't cause me a problem.

That said, any time of day is absolutely impossible if my 2-year-old is upset. It literally drains my body of blood sugar to hear him scream, and I get hungry immediately. Thankfully, that sort of thing doesn't happen every day.

>>what is your food enemy?

It used to be sugar. Now, it's just carbs, in general. I made a big mental distinction early on between sweets and carbs. A corn muffin is OK; cake is not. But playing fast & loose with that distinction can get me in a lot of trouble. More than few bites of corn muffin and I'm craving sweets for another 48 hours.

>>what is the heaviest you've ever been?

182 was my heaviest non-pregnant weight.

How about you - do you see this as more of a fight against carbs, fat, or calories? Is your exercise more cardio or weight training?
  • excercise use to be a manual treadmill- but i finally broke that and bought an elliptical machine 1st thing this month. Love it!!! It really is so much fun that you can pretend you're off skiing on vacation instead of at home excercising. But I also do light arms and lots of AB work. my whole middle section is my problem area!!! I love my top half and my legs...after giving birth to my son my mid section just went to crud. I have what affectionately refer to as my kangaroo pouch ( a roll at about my belly button to above my bikini line) I can't get rid of the thing. I carry every bit of my extra weight right in my middle. (well I have big boobs too.. so there's some weight LOL!)
    my worst time of day is after dinner. I have a horrible habit that I watched my father do and that is just snacking all night. I have to tell myself NO NO NO.
    My favorite snack that is hard to say no to is anything with Caramel. Some women dig chocolate - i dig caramel. But I don't have it just laying around...instead I have to resist things like fruity snacks and little debbie snacks that I put in my son's lunch box. Those are my worst enemies.
    I'd love to yack at you more. I'll send you a private message with my email address.