Weekly Move Your Kaboose 1/24 - 1/30

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I noticed this hadn't been started and thought I would! Hope ya'll don't mind!

-Aimee
  • Oops, the reason I started was for Monday I hiked for 40 minutes (and had a run in with a dog, which wasn't the scary part, it was the man chasing after it, scared the crap out of me!).
  • Uh, oh, why was the man scary? Be careful!

I'm glad you started this thread! Yesterday I did step aerobics and walked up 11 1/2 flights of stairs.
  • I havn't been able to do much b/c of my knee, but today is so nice here compared to how its been ( its about 45-50 degrees, and very sunny) I decided to take Abby for a walk in the stroller. We walked for about 45 mins and had a great time! I feel alot better after soaking up the sunshine and fresh air! I think I might start going to the tanning bed, just for the lights!
  • Monday

Elliptical: 2 miles 15min 55sec (7.78 min average per mile) Cardio

Bike: 15 miles 55min 30sec (average 3.69 min average per mile) Higher than fat burn but lower than cardio

Aimee, do explain about the strange man.
  • 2 hours walk saturday night

2 hours cross-country ski Sunday

40 minutes swimming tonight.

About swimming, i red somewhere that this acitvity has much less impact than gym sessions. Maybe i'll retarget once things are more stable at work.

Only problem is financial. Pool is free, but gym costs approx 300$ a year....

Blog: http://blogue_a_sylvain.monblogue.com
  • Thanks for startin' the thread Aimee!

As for me, I did my Tae-Bo Cardio video yesterday!
  • Used yesterday as my day of rest
    Today
    13 minutes on step machine
    11 minutes on step machine
    20 min. of strength training.
  • Bike: 10 miles 38mins 17secs
    Elliptical: 1 mile 9mins 18secs
    Bike again, I was bored of the elliptical: 4 miles 15mins 50 secs
  • Tuesday:

- 30 Minutes Cardio (15 mins on Elliptical, 15 mins on Cross Trainer)
    - Upper Body Weights (20 mins.)
    - 60 Crunches on the Ab Bench (15 per side, then 30 in the center)
  • Everyone's getting so much exercise in. I feel like a slacker!

Monday

1 hour deep water aerobics (with HIIT)
    20 min. stretching

Tuesday

a short walk with the dog (but I painted, washed windows, pruned, and caulked)
  • No exercise for me today, although I did my normal 2km walk which is to get to work. I pumped up some music on my funky new mini iPOD, and I get going a nice pace.

So the scary man.. he was actually really friendly after the whole charging towards me down his driveway. We chatted about the wild animals in the neighbourhood and he apologized multiple times for scaring me. He was just chasing after his dog, who was a tiny tiny little dog, he didn't want the dog to scare me... lol.. ironic really.

-Aimee
  • I was feeling weak today but I went to the gym and did a short workout. I did 30 minutes of weights. Hopefully tomorrow I'll do better.
  • Good for you Nelie! It's always tough to get there when you have an "off" feeling day. I find if I do make it, I make a short workout too. But, the point is you still went and I'm sure that you felt 10 times better when you left!
  • Aimee, was he cute? (the man, not the dog ).

Frenchie, I've read that swimming doesn't do as much for fat burning as land aerobic activity because your body temp doesn't elevate like it does outside of the water. That said, I have a friend who's lost a lot of weight only swimming. She does the front crawl, which she says is the best stroke for fat burning. Also, swimming is as good as pilates for strenghtening your core muscles, which increases your metabolism and makes you look a lot sleeker. It's a wonderful exercise--I wish I enjoyed it.

Yesterday I did step aerobics. Today I overslept, and am hoping that my son goes to sleep early enough for me to do power yoga tonight.